a complete unknown...
Jun 4, 2019
I currently live in a very shoddy arrangement with my parents and siblings, at age 22, and have no to earn income or get welfare at the moment. I no longer have an active bank account and don't drive... long story short my education and employment history are very very poor and I may not be able to find employment soon. I would still have to rely on someone else for transportation and I don't think I'll be able to form new connections readily. I feel like I've put myself in the worst-case scenario and I don't see a way out.

I don't want to leave a scene for my family members to discover and I don't want it to end this way with things being so tumultuous... I don't have the money for SN or anything else right now.

Should I put everything I have into getting a job at Walmart or something and hope that things go somewhere?

I wish that I had gotten a degree and better work history earlier but it feels a bit late now... Even if I did get one at this point, I would be 26 by the time I was done and there would be no guarantees that I could find a job.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: puppy9, Moonicide and forever21
ninthhokage

ninthhokage

Nov 8, 2019
Yes, you definitely can find employment. I think Walmart is a solid choice. Just make sure to apply to the busier locations, if possible.

It's never too late to get an education. I'd say pursue it, but do the research to make sure you wouldn't be stuck with a useless degree. Business degrees are pretty versatile, for example.

Best of luck.

• Hugs
Reactions: puppy9

a complete unknown...
Jun 4, 2019
Yes, you definitely can find employment. I think Walmart is a solid choice. Just make sure to apply to the busier locations, if possible.

It's never too late to get an education. I'd say pursue it, but do the research to make sure you wouldn't be stuck with a useless degree. Business degrees are pretty versatile, for example.

Best of luck.
I've been researching various degree paths but am not quite settled as I am deathly afraid of getting a useless degree and ending up in immense debt but still unemployed.

Last edited:
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I've been researching various degree paths but am not quite settled as I am deathly afraid of getting a useless degree and ending up in immense debt but still unemployed.
Do you have a Starbucks near you by any chance? I hear they have good benefits, and can help you with college as well if you decide to go down that route.