KLUF

KLUF

Jun 16, 2020
Because I most likely will not die, but will suffer for a month or so. Even if it kills me it's gonna be far from painless. However, if I catch it, I hope I die ffs. I won't fight for my life and will be telling my body to submit.
Like - "you better goddamn die or maybe after that we'll have to deal with it using more complex methods because of lung damage or something else"

And if it will not be painful and symptoms will be mild, then maybe I'll quit being suicidal and get on with life?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: all_pointless, ActualLesbian, Bct and 3 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
I live all alone, im always quarantined anyway, so when i go out i try my best to catch anything. Nothing. Not even in hospitals. I guess im lucky. Dont get me wrong, if i would notice any sign of illness id make sure nobody else is near me. Im already caucious with house visitors. But sometimes i hope id just go natural way.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ActualLesbian, mem12, Bct and 4 others
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
Do you have any underlying conditions that might make it worse if you get infected? I have a niece who was totally asymptomatic and a nephew who was recently diagnosed with high fever being the symptom he first got. Both of them are under 30.

If you were to get it and if it resulted in hospitalization, you might want an advanced directive - for instance, would you want to be put on a ventilator? Many of the worst cases are put into medically induced comas, so they aren't feeling any pain. I've thought about it as I'm high risk, but I don't want to get anyone else sick. However, it seems like it's going to stick around, so if it happens, it happens.

• Hugs
Reactions: Iamamistake, Jumper Geo, AnxietyAttack44 and 1 other person
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
The trouble with coronvirus it effects people differently there are a few different strains some people are just carriers and some get mild symptoms and other are hospitalized and die.

It's a lottery and I've never been lucky, lol.

Cheers

Geo

• Hugs
Reactions: Bct, autumnal, DyslexicForeigner and 4 others
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
Our household has had it. Wasn't much to write home about.

It's only a minority of cases where it affects them severely.

Reactions: KLUF and autumnal
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Being suicidal makes me want to catch coronavirus too, but my generally healthy means most likely I'll just become a carrier. I don't care what will happen to myself but at least I don't want to spread it to others.

Reactions: FriendofDeath and sadanxious
S

sadanxious

Jun 25, 2020
I've felt similarly. It would be nice to catch it and die but the odds aren't good. It's so random. Besides, it would be bad to unknowingly spread it to others before symptoms started.

Reactions: FriendofDeath
selfhater

selfhater

Experienced
Mar 1, 2020
same but when i knew it causes suffocating it made me scared cuz i had bad experiences with suffocating don't wanna have it again

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath
Uzera

Uzera

Apr 11, 2020
Because I most likely will not die, but will suffer for a month or so. Even if it kills me it's gonna be far from painless. However, if I catch it, I hope I die ffs. I won't fight for my life and will be telling my body to submit.
Like - "you better goddamn die or maybe after that we'll have to deal with it using more complex methods because of lung damage or something else"

And if it will not be painful and symptoms will be mild, then maybe I'll quit being suicidal and get on with life?
I think it's a bad idea. The case fatality rate is like 2-5 percent. About 10-20 percent need ICU treatment so even if you didn't go to a doctor you'd have a 20% chance of death at best. There is also the chance you'd have permanent damage (lungs,psychosis) instead of dying you might find you can't breathe after making a sandwich or going to the bathroom or having permanent delirium. I always think about the listallhope statistics about methods, would you want to take a method with a 20% chance of death and possible permanent damage? I wouldnt. If I'm gonna ctb I'm gonna do it right and finish the job, of course that hard. Which is why alot of us are still here wandering the forums and struggling. SI is a bitch.