falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Somebody please tell me why I shouldn't go out into the garage and hack this cast off of my leg with hedge clippers or something. My foot doesn't hurt and its not like I give a shit it doesn't heal right. Its not like I'm going to be around to pay the consequences. Its itchy and unnecessary and it smells and I just want it gone, lol.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Greenberg, Dima2 and 5 others
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
Somebody please tell me why I shouldn't go out into the garage and hack this cast off of my leg with hedge clippers or something. My foot doesn't hurt and its not like I give a shit it doesn't heal right. Its not like I'm going to be around to pay the consequences. Its itchy and unnecessary and it smells and I just want it gone, lol.
Hedge clippers might be a little rough. You'd be more likely to cut your foot off. Lol

• Yay!
Reactions: patheticpartner and falloutcarter13
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
Don't cut off your cast! You need your foot to heal right, that way you can walk after you CTB.

Sorry, little bit of dark humor there.

• Aww..
Reactions: cassie, coppervomit, Living_Hurts_so_Much and 3 others
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Hedge clippers might be a little rough. You'd be more likely to cut your foot off. Lol
Lol any tool will do. I'm almost to the point of kicking the shit out of a brick wall until it breaks off ='D

Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
How long were you meant to keep it on?

Reactions: falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
How long were you meant to keep it on?
9/2. and then they want to put some other sort of device on it lol. i can't wait 2+ weeks though and paying for another doctor visit is so fucking stupid at this point.

Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much and esse_est_percipi
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Those don't come of easily. You're likely to mess yourself up. They might take it off you if you tell them you'll remove it yourself. You could also damage it which would force them to remove it and not let them put a new one on.

as much as it sucks I would leave it on though. Being able to walk is handy for many things.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
9/2. and then they want to put some other sort of device on it lol. i can't wait 2+ weeks though and paying for another doctor visit is so fucking stupid at this point.
I can see your point.
At this stage, it seems like you may as well just hack it off and not even bother going to the doctors ever again.
But maybe there is also some sense in keeping it on and just going through the motions until..whenever?

falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
I can see your point.
At this stage, it seems like you may as well just hack it off and not even bother going to the doctors ever again.
But maybe there is also some sense in keeping it on and just going through the motions until..whenever?
Lol I was just being stupid, really...all I'd have to do is soak it in water and peel it apart if I really could get rid of it. But yeah, people tend to notice when you do drastic shit like that, removing casts and canceling important doctors appointments. With my history, it would definitely bring too much scrutiny. Plus, I got black on black for the cast so it'll go with the suit when I'm in the box :wink:

• Hugs
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much and esse_est_percipi
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
  1. Maybe, you can use the suffering and feelings of being trapped in the cast... as tools/motivations to propel you forward?
  2. Maybe, even though it's a ~small-ish thing, it can remind you of how much life sucks for everyone (in so many ways)?
  3. Maybe, taking drastic action with the cast could highlight to others your state and make other stuff harder to do for you (idk)?
  4. Maybe, it would be better to have your foot better healed for your future plans...?
  5. Even though it seems stable, maybe you'll experience more pain/discomfort with it off?

Last edited:
Reactions: falloutcarter13
InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
Having two legs is pretty useful. Also you'd have to think of blood loss and infection, please think more critically of this. You're gonna saw through bone and I failed my suicide attempt of cutting due to pain. I know pain tolerance varies but unless you're in the situation like the guy who's arm got stuck on a boulder and had to cut it off, the cons of having legs don't seem to outweigh the pros

edit: Misread your post and thought you were cutting off one your legs lol I'm severely stupid, sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much, esse_est_percipi and falloutcarter13
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Haha you guys are amazing. Seriously, I mean that...all this thoughtfulness and support and kind words :hug: I promise, I'm not going to cut the cast off, cut my leg off, or draw suspicion to myself or my plans by doing something impulsive and nonsensical to the outside world. This was 100% just a vent post where I said something crazy as a coping mechanism for how bad my heel itches in the one spot my itch-stick can't reach. I appreciate all of you for listening and caring!!!

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg, Living_Hurts_so_Much, esse_est_percipi and 2 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Having two legs is pretty useful. Also you'd have to think of blood loss and infection, please think more critically of this. You're gonna saw through bone and I failed my suicide attempt of cutting due to pain. I know pain tolerance varies but unless you're in the situation like the guy who's arm got stuck on a boulder and had to cut it off, the cons of having legs don't seem to outweigh the pros

edit: Misread your post and thought you were cutting off one your legs lol I'm severely stupid, sorry.
lol I think you misunderstood

Reactions: falloutcarter13 and InterstateFlowers
InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
@falloutcarter13

I've always appreciated your posts and support for other members so I'm happy to support you whenever I can. You're an amazing member of this community :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much, falloutcarter13 and esse_est_percipi
falloutcarter13

falloutcarter13

Bury me, bury me...
Aug 1, 2020
Hahahahaha I seriously hope you don't really feel stupid, this misunderstanding is like the most hilarious thing I've ever seen on this site and it made me laugh so hard and forget about my itchy foot :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: InterstateFlowers and esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Hahahahaha I seriously hope you don't really feel stupid, this misunderstanding is like the most hilarious thing I've ever seen on this site and it made me laugh so hard and forget about my itchy foot :pfff:
It was just a genius misunderstanding :)

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg, InterstateFlowers and falloutcarter13