C

can'tdoitanymore

Student
Oct 31, 2019
a few days ago. I was on the edge of a parking structure and security came up. They were trying to talk me down. Then a stranger was like let's do it together. We'll both jump. I have an 18 year old but fuck it. I guess trying to scare or guilt trip me but it just made me feel worse. Then the police showed up I think four police cars and I lost concentration on him. I was looking back between the the cops below shouting at me not to jump and the cop on the roof and suddenly this stranger (I assume the man shouting earlier) grabbed me from behind and pulled me back. All i know was i was thinking oh shit this is high but I wasn't scared. I really don't know if I would have been able to go through with it or not if this man hadn't grabbed me and because of that I can't get it out of my head. I still think it is the easiest way to CTB and have failed multiple ODs and hanging attempts (although i have been close and on life support). I terrified my family and friends and don't want to hurt them anymore but still think they are better without me because I just can't get better. I can't end up on another psych hold though. It is my third in a month and a half and I was lucky to get out in a few days. They won't let me go next time and my insurance runs out at the end of the year. What if i can't go through with it. If I can it's all over but if I can't it's only going to make my life 100x worse. I also wonder if security is on extra alert because of what happened and if i could even get up to the top floor again without being stopped. I was there at least 25 mins (maybe more it's hard to remember) before anyone saw me trying to get the courage to jump.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sunset764, Hotsackage, Cookiedough8956 and 2 others
W

WelcomingPain

Oct 21, 2019
Damn, that must've been rough. But yeah, people are definitely going to be keeping a closer eye on you. If you truly want to try again, you'll have to wait a while and try pretend as though you're getting better. Obviously, I think you should wait anyway, because it seems like you're still a bit unsure. Give this all some time to die down, and rethink your strategy (If you still wanna go through with it)

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I'm so sorry. Is there something that happened to get you to this place? I had a recent spur of the moment attempt. It is never good not to prepare.

C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
Oh my- im so sorry this happened. Thank you for sharing your story.

Unfortunately tho- you will def have a close eye on you.

C

can'tdoitanymore

Student
Oct 31, 2019
Years of an abusive marriage caused unbearable PTSD. I know I could get out the house again if needed just meant if security guards at the same place would be looking out possibly. It would only take a couple mins to get to the top but I don't know if they might see me on camera approaching the entrance or stairs or elevator and be waiting at the top. I don't know how paranoid I am being seeing as it look so long for anyone to notice me there first time so by a week or so later maybe I could climb the stairs (which I did last time) or get the elevator and they wouldn't really notice and assume it was anyone going to their parked car. I can't really wait more than a few days or I would have to change plans as I have to move and access to any rooftop will be much harder.

Last edited:
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Years of an abusive marriage caused unbearable PTSD. I know I could get out the house again if needed just meant if security guards at the same place would be looking out possibly. It would only take a couple mins to get to the top but I don't know if they might see me on camera approaching the entrance or stairs or elevator and be waiting at the top. I don't know how paranoid I am being seeing as it look so long for anyone to notice me there first time so by a week or so later maybe I could climb the stairs (which I did last time) or get the elevator and they wouldn't really notice and assume it was anyone going to their parked car. I can't really wait more than a few days or I would have to change plans as I have to move and access to any rooftop will be much harder.
Have you tried medical marijuana for the PTSD? It has greatly helped mine.