sugarsugar

sugarsugar

May 21, 2022
2CDC30D3 3A0B 42D8 989A 2AEC9C942244 listen i get that hotlines don't do shit, i've tried them before. but i got so bad, and i don't have my SN yet, so i tried it anyways. tell me why miss mackenzie thought that this would be helpful. smh thanks bestie

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Trilucid, akana and 3 others
A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
i've never really found them helpful either.
they're trained to be extremely strict/neutral in their responses and not necessarily hold an opinion or judgement (which makes it kind of pointless - same kind of situation with therapists really)

i've found r/suicidewatch to be a bit more helpful in terms of finding people to relate to but don't know if you'd find it helpful, might be worth going on there. You might find Replika helpful too, I've used before which is like an AI bot and its kind of soothing. Hope this helps x

Last edited:
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Mythyis001, Regen and 1 other person
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
Big "everyone gets sad sometimes" energy.

Reactions: ryo the frog, Queen of Chaos, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 6 others
R

raybd

Dec 4, 2019
I tried a hot line too. But, it was fun. It was in the 90s. It was on Cinemax. And hosted by Tanya Roberts. And lots of skin and lots of fun. This one.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: ryo the frog, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Rogue Proxy and 5 others
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
I never found them helpful but it's not the volunteers fault. There trying there best. They can only imagine our turmoil and do try there best too help. I guess somethings are unsolvable. Our minds.

Reactions: ryo the frog, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Hirokami and 2 others
souljah222

souljah222

Apr 19, 2019
View attachment 92987listen i get that hotlines don't do shit, i've tried them before. but i got so bad, and i don't have my SN yet, so i tried it anyways. tell me why miss mackenzie thought that this would be helpful. smh thanks bestie
idk how it is in your country but where i live they dont even get paid for that job. what did you expect her to do or say to you so you wouldnt be mad and disrespectful towards the work shes doing? did you expect a text from her that will miraculously solve all your problems or what? smh

Reactions: ryo the frog, Un- and Sister of the Moon
ihopethisispainless

ihopethisispainless

Feb 23, 2022
View attachment 92987listen i get that hotlines don't do shit, i've tried them before. but i got so bad, and i don't have my SN yet, so i tried it anyways. tell me why miss mackenzie thought that this would be helpful. smh thanks bestie
I don't really get suicide hotlines. Like why would I ask for advice if I know that my answer is always gonna be no don't kill yourself. And I get support is nice but if I feel like I have to call up a volunteer for support, I'm gonnna feel like a real loser. Suicide is my choice and I know that everyone in my life would disagree but I'm still choosing to override that

Reactions: Hirokami, Eternal🌈Rainbow and souljah222
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
i've never really found them helpful either.
they're trained to be extremely strict/neutral in their responses and not necessarily hold an opinion or judgement (which makes it kind of pointless - same kind of situation with therapists really)

i've found r/suicidewatch to be a bit more helpful in terms of finding people to relate to but don't know if you'd find it helpful, might be worth going on there. You might find Replika helpful too, I've used before which is like an AI bot and its kind of soothing. Hope this helps x
Heh no. That place is not helpful whatsoever. One time someone used my thread as a crutch to dm me snd advertise their blog. Other times it's full of lame generic advice.

Reactions: ryo the frog
A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
Heh no. That place is not helpful whatsoever. One time someone used my thread as a crutch to dm me snd advertise their blog. Other times it's full of lame generic advice.
Oh sorry about that. Maybe not that subreddit then, my bad

sugarsugar

sugarsugar

May 21, 2022
I never found them helpful but it's not the volunteers fault. There trying there best. They can only imagine our turmoil and do try there best too help. I guess somethings are unsolvable. Our minds.
Yeah, I guess I was just frustrated by how robotic the replies were. And she never asked my name. But I do get that they're trying their best, ig

Reactions: GreenTree and Trilucid
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
What do you guys expect them to tell you? I mean it never really helped me much but I still appreciate them taking out the time of their day to try to help people in any way that they can. None of have the answers and neither do they.

Reactions: Un-
R

raybd

Dec 4, 2019
Why hot lines? I am skeptical about the entire therapy industry. Most people are going to be too nutso or too dumb for you to help. The remaining few would be too smart for you to help. So, who exactly can you help as a therapist? And by help, do something for them, they CANNOT do themselves?
I am of the view that, if sufficiently calm and clear-headed, most people find in themselves the "help" or "counsel" given by therapists. Therapists aren't going to conjure something out of thin air for you. It's only cold-reading with a scientific lemon twist added.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Yeah, hotline workers aren't miracle workers. They are only able to descalate your feelings for the moment. It is a temp band-aid that is useless the next day, but there is not much else they can do.

Reactions: ryo the frog
R

raybd

Dec 4, 2019
I'm pretty sure if I ever got on a hotline, I'd end up talking the hotline worker to CTB with me. Come on, there's really no point to human life.... as a race we all just pretend we matter.

• Yay!
Reactions: ryo the frog, WorthlessTrash, Maaizr and 1 other person
sugarsugar

sugarsugar

May 21, 2022
Y'all I'm not saying I expected this girl to be able to fix me or make the suicidal feelings go away. I'm just frustrated that I got copy paste answers and she didn't ask my name. I'm sad that I didn't get treated like a person. I get that these hotlines are band aid fixes but this band aid wasn't even sticky yall.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lullaby, Maaizr and Regen
souljah222

souljah222

Apr 19, 2019
Y'all I'm not saying I expected this girl to be able to fix me or make the suicidal feelings go away. I'm just frustrated that I got copy paste answers and she didn't ask my name. I'm sad that I didn't get treated like a person. I get that these hotlines are band aid fixes but this band aid wasn't even sticky yall.
isnt it better that way tho? i wouldnt even want to tell them my name to be anonymous

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel like to me, a hotline would be pointless as it would not take away what is causing me to be suicidal in the first place and words cannot change the way that I feel. I understand why you would be frustrated, but to me a hotline could never possibly help anything anyway.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
That almost sounds like a bot, too. I don't think they help much, either—"tell me what's going on" might have been more useful. But even then, they're so limited—it would be interesting to see stats on how many they have helped…

Reactions: Hirokami
N

Ninaea

May 10, 2022
That almost sounds like a bot, too. I don't think they help much, either—"tell me what's going on" might have been more useful. But even then, they're so limited—it would be interesting to see stats on how many they have helped…
I feel like the stats would be heavily skewed. A lot of people just get emotional, and *think* they want to ctb without actually wanting to go through with it. I mean you see how many of us, (many of which are 100% set on ctb), struggle to get the job done. Lots of us spend months researching, buying the components necessary, talking to others about our method, and still struggle to actually do the deed. Some layman who has a breakup and calls into the hotline might just be looking for someone to tell them not to do it; they most likely wouldn't have done it, even if they didn't call the hotline.

Not to discount anyones views or opinions, but I know myself personally, I've been stuck these past few weeks and can't seem to make the leap, even though I'm 100% certain that this is what I want.

• Hugs
Reactions: Al Cappella and WorthlessTrash
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I feel like the stats would be heavily skewed. A lot of people just get emotional, and *think* they want to ctb without actually wanting to go through with it. I mean you see how many of us, (many of which are 100% set on ctb), struggle to get the job done. Lots of us spend months researching, buying the components necessary, talking to others about our method, and still struggle to actually do the deed. Some layman who has a breakup and calls into the hotline might just be looking for someone to tell them not to do it; they most likely wouldn't have done it, even if they didn't call the hotline.

Not to discount anyones views or opinions, but I know myself personally, I've been stuck these past few weeks and can't seem to make the leap, even though I'm 100% certain that this is what I want.
What you say makes a lot of sense. It strikes me as incredibly sad that there's so little meaningful for people that really struggle with this. Who knows. The world makes no sense.

• Love
Reactions: Ninaea