KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Haha! It is oddly relieving to watch gore. So maybe the normie advice is true. Watching gore kind of made my SI more intense but also made me seek out painless ctb methods. But I'm sure that's not what they meant with their advice of thinking "other people have it worse", haha.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Agon321 and Apathy79
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I dont think that watching gore is what is ment by that message but ok

• Yay!
Reactions: FERAL_FRENZY, damyon, KillingPain267 and 1 other person
Apathy79

Apathy79

Arcanist
Oct 13, 2019
I think that's why I watch it sometimes too. Also reading true stories about kidnappings, shipwrecks, etc. Can watch it and get a sense for how awful it must be without actually experiencing it, as a way to make myself feel better about my current situation.

Reactions: KillingPain267
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I also really like gore content.
But I watch it for fun. I know it sounds bad.

Honestly, some of the situations are hilarious.
But gore also has an educational function for me.
I learned behaviors that made me reduce my risk of death in certain situations.

Gore also reminds me that the world is a bloody, dirty and brutal place.
The law of the jungle still rules the world. The stronger one wins.
Some people forget this (people from the Western world) and live in a bubble and think it will always be like this.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
I used to watch liveleak regularly for the same reason. I would go on drinking binges or drug binges while watching liveleak, and then go to work the next day like nothing happened at all. It was the best of times; it was the worst of times.

innominesatanas44

innominesatanas44

🇷🇸
Feb 16, 2023
I don't enjoy it but I watch it because someone's suffering ends quickly, I want to experience that vicariously, I don't care for the overly gory videos.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
I also really like gore content.
But I watch it for fun. I know it sounds bad.

Honestly, some of the situations are hilarious.
But gore also has an educational function for me.
I learned behaviors that made me reduce my risk of death in certain situations.

Gore also reminds me that the world is a bloody, dirty and brutal place.
The law of the jungle still rules the world. The stronger one wins.
Some people forget this (people from the Western world) and live in a bubble and think it will always be like this.
Exactly. It is educational. I learn how to avoid injuries and more brutal ctb methods as well as some anatomy. I also learned how even a headshot is seldomly instantly fatal (unless with high caliber or aimed directly at brain stem). If I had access to guns when I first became suicidal I would probably have done it wrong and survived with despicable injuries.

And yes, it reminds me how evil humans are and how unforgiving gravity and nature is. But it's not the stronger one that wins, but the person most willing to do violence and is organized the most by convincing others to do violence for him. Because you can be the strongest man alive with a deadlift record, but if a cartel catches you while you sleep you are done, even with a weak knife, lol. I find it fascinating how domination works among humans. Think about it, almost in any large society it's a tiny minority of those most willing to do violence (cartel, government, police or military) of less than 5% of the population who control the 95% by fear through setting examples. Most people don't bother trying to dominate others, but then
I don't enjoy it but I watch it because someone's suffering ends quickly, I want to experience that vicariously, I don't care for the overly gory videos.
I feel exactly the same! I envy those who die quickly.

Reactions: Agon321 and innominesatanas44