If I am no good , then let me out
Jun 30, 2019
.... " but that's the way the world is "

I kid you not

Mister , I just flipping told you that the this is the way the world is

So the conversation went some thing like this :

Me : " Martin , I see no other way out . I am in torture "

Martin " Yeah mate , I get you . But I think you should stick with it "

Me : " Martin , it isn't only my mental issues that is driving this , it is also because the world is the way it is . Society is broken "

Martin : "But that's the way the world is mate . You can't change it . Killing your self is not an option "

Me : " I have just told you that the reason I am ending my life is because of the way the world is , yet you reply to me that this is the way the world is and then advise me to stay alive . Society and it's ways have a huge impact on my al ready fragile mind "

Do people act dumb or are they actually dumb ?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BabyYoda, Broken Chimera, Ratbat and 12 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Hi, I'm sorry that you got such an unsympathetic response. I respect you for having the balls to open up to someone, yet I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to get such a worthless response instead of actual support.

On the other hand though, you can't get angry with this Martin. In his defense, many 'normal' people have no idea what it's like to be suicidal and thus have no idea how to respond. He probably has no clue what it means to carry this deathwish with you day and night.

Wishing you strength and a better weekend.

Reactions: Ratbat, dandan and Tragoedia Vitae
Saga

Saga

In my memories a smiling me doesn't exist
Jul 20, 2019
Some people specially the "normal" ones doesnt get the feeling of wanting to die the moment you wake up,some say that they do but they dont when you open up to them, thats why ive learned to keep everything to myself but the masochist side of me wants to keep hurting to push forward to ctb,

Reactions: Skathon and HGL91
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I don't believe anyone's here because of the way the world is. If they're not doing anything to make it better then they don't care that much. The reasons are more self centred than that

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
@Now_And_Then
I would say it is a bit of both. I've known people who were logically and intellectually sound, yet they still show their deliberate ignorance by refusing to acknowledge the logical fallacies in their claims. Though there are also people who did not have rational or critical thinking skills and they just spew/parrot whatever comes to their mind or what they were taught.

Reactions: AtomicNewt
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I don't believe anyone's here because of the way the world is. If they're not doing anything to make it better then they don't care that much. The reasons are more self centred than that

One person doing nice things isn't going to suddenly transform society into being amazing. I experienced this in the small world of Nursing. When you're the only nurse that cares about the patients and health admin short staffs, you burn out from compassion fatigue and think "what's the use? The world will never get better, and I'm just getting sicker by giving it my 100%."

• Love
Reactions: exhausted, Maravillosa, Painted Bird and 1 other person
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Me too but I won't stop trying. Fuck em maybe I'm self centred too but I can go to my grave with a clear conscience

• Love
Reactions: Ratbat and HGL91
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I dont understand this either, or that suicide is a permanent solution for a temporary problem.

P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
Sheeple like Martin just go around bleating, no point in starting this kind of discussion. They will just keep bleating. Baah, baah, baah...

Reactions: Baskol1
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
.... " but that's the way the world is "

I kid you not

Mister , I just flipping told you that the this is the way the world is

So the conversation went some thing like this :

Me : " Martin , I see no other way out . I am in torture "

Martin " Yeah mate , I get you . But I think you should stick with it "

Me : " Martin , it isn't only my mental issues that is driving this , it is also because the world is the way it is . Society is broken "

Martin : "But that's the way the world is mate . You can't change it . Killing your self is not an option "

Me : " I have just told you that the reason I am ending my life is because of the way the world is , yet you reply to me that this is the way the world is and then advise me to stay alive . Society and it's ways have a huge impact on my al ready fragile mind "

Do people act dumb or are they actually dumb ?
I don't think he is dumb just uninformed on this subject. ''Normal'' people do not understand a mental illness or have any idea what it's like to be so hopeless that the only option you have is death. They just can't comprehend that. He is probably just shocked and doesn't know how to handle a situation like that. If someone said they wanted to die to me I wouldn't know what to say either and I am suicidal. I wouldn't know if they really meant it or was just looking for somebody to help them. Hope this gave you insight.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I don't think he is dumb just uninformed on this subject. ''Normal'' people do not understand a mental illness or have any idea what it's like to be so hopeless that the only option you have is death. They just can't comprehend that. He is probably just shocked and doesn't know how to handle a situation like that. If someone said they wanted to die to me I wouldn't know what to say either and I am suicidal. I wouldn't know if they really meant it or was just looking for somebody to help them. Hope this gave you insight.

Yes but not anyone who wants to die is mentally ill.

Reactions: lostangel
P

Pan

Paragon
Oct 24, 2019
I agree with you, lost angel. No one who hasn't been there can quite understand how mentally ill people feel, and at what depth with which they experience their feelings. Emotionally ill people are unwittingly taught that what they feel is socially
awkward and somehow potentially criminal, deviant, or worse.

. We

Reactions: exhausted
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
Aw man I've gotten a similar response from a person I've stopped asking help from, except that he said "the world isn't fair, therefore it is our job to make it fair." During that time I was super tired of trying to keep my chin up despite others being cruel and heartless. What I don't get is that he thinks the world sucks, he hates humanity, he (apparently) is going through the same thing as I am, and yet he has the guts to use threats and aggression when I don't make progress? And he even called suicide selfish. Well, I thought he was luckier than I am because he had a best friend and I don't.