R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I will start with this first. I see a lot of people throwing "mentally ill" and lumping everyone who sees the world differently in that category just because it is easier to dismiss people than having their views challenged. I mean it is often that you see this trait in humans so it doesn't surprise me but it is actually sad how many choose to be ignorant and never question anything majority says. It is like they are under a spell.

Now let me clarify that I understand things like schizophrenia can make someone not see things clearly because of the obvious so lets get that out the way.

Now meds. Everyone disatisfied with life or not fitting in what society wants is bound to be directed to psychiatrists who put them on meds but many here seem unaware of debilitating and permanent side effects that some people get from them. Listen, I am not going to go hardcore here and say what I truly think about big pharma and I never even tried to stop people from taking meds just warn them, but what some of you do is act like people like me who are hurt by meds don't even exist. And worse, you are unaware of the amount of people and communities suffering each day from the consequences of psychiatry and none of us can even express our pain or be aknowledged outside of them. We have to stay silent our whole lives and take it. What is worse is how even these communities act like damage is not permanent for some.

Do you know how it is, being decimated by these drugs and left to rot because the world is stubborn and will never admit that some things might not be how they seem? Or they just link you statistics without taking into account all the dismissed and silent people out there. My psychiatrist never admitted what drugs did to me after she destroyed my body. This is what usually happens to people like me.

No you don't know, and frankly you don't even care. And your stubborness is going to create more victims. "Bbbbbut what about people whom meds helped R_N?". What about them?

I never went to a person who takes meds and said stop it this instant. I just made them aware of the other side of the coin never implying it will happen. But you, yes you, you go around telling people that meds will help for sure and I hope you can sleep good at night doing this. This is how people like me are created. We get told to seek help and we do, and then... you know the rest but you actually don't even know the half of it buddy.

I didn't want this to be mainly about meds but we know where "mentally ill" label leads to in the end. And it is hard for me sometimes to contain myself and just shut up and take this nonsense. It is insulting actually.

Now maybe you won't be so keen on calling everyone you disagree with as mentally ill and actually realise that the world is never as simple as taking some magical human made pill and going back to plantation where everyone is supposedly "happy".

But this is not just about you. It is for all the people like me who stayed silent and had to take your "mentally ill" label just because of their views. No, I refuse your degrading label, and it doesn't make you right and everyone else wrong.

Rant over.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Forever Sleep, NumbItAll and 2 others
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
left to rot because the world is stubborn and will never admit that some things might not be how they seem?
I take this part very seriously and that's not just in regards to drugs, that's in regards to life in general. That's totally the case with what I'm dealing with but people would rather hide or cover up the truth rather than admit it because the truth is either too pathetic or evil or whatever to actually admit and so as a result innocent people suffer and go through hell. The whole system is fucked up and the way they are running this thing is completely wrong.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I do agree with you that I don't feel people are given sufficient warning about any meds quite frankly. I get it that we're supposed to read those pamphlets with the 6pt typeface but they seem to have every side effect known to man on most of them- so you just kind of start to skim after a while. I was prescribed metoclopramide at one point (handy huh?) and it shocked me so much to read about dyskinesia here years later. I had no idea that such a serious side effect was linked to it and you have a 1-15% chance of developing it! Luckily, I didn't but I think we are given drugs too casually.

I agree especially with what you mean about psychiatry. The diagnosis seems so woolly to me and I don't like how experiemental it all seems. I don't get the strong impression they even really know how these drugs work. How could they- if they don't know quite how the brain works? Again- similar to you- I know drugs have worked for some people. Not others though, some people I know have had problems with them. I think it's only fair that people are told of the risks and if it is still experimental- they should be made aware of that. Some people won't want to gamble their health on an experimental drug! Others may feel they have nothing to lose but- they should be made aware of the choice they are making.