M

maybemaybemaybe

Jan 19, 2023
I think I'm just done. I'm supposed to be starting treatment soon (partial hospitalization program), but I still need to work because I can't afford it without income and insurance, and my job is just not working out. I have no idea what I'm doing, and people are asking me for things, and I'm saying I'll get them done when I know I won't because I don't know how. They made it sound like there would be actual training and support, but there isn't. I just have to figure everything out on my own, and I'm not in any kind of mental state to be able to do that even if I were theoretically capable. And if I quit, not only will I no longer have access to treatment, but my wife will hate me so much that she will make me miserable (it's happened before when I was unemployed/underemployed in the past), and I don't think I can survive that for long. The only skills I have are extremely specific, so it's not the kind of thing where I can just go get another job in a week.

I don't know. I'm not sure if I'm really ready to die - I would like to at least try to improve things first, at least go through with treatment - but I honestly just don't see any other way. I hate that all I do is let people down.

Thanks for reading - I'm new to SS, so I hope this post is OK.

• Hugs
Reactions: lukas19, donealready, outrider567 and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds stressful what you are going through and it must be tiring being trapped in that situation. But anyway, I wish you the best in whatever happens going forward.

• Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath and maybemaybemaybe
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Feel almost ready myself--Today, its been exactly one year since my life partner girlfriend died, my life has been nothing since then

• Hugs
Reactions: donealready, maybemaybemaybe and GasMonkey