dumpsterfire

dumpsterfire

my melody
Jul 19, 2023
I've told my parents numerous times i dont like my face on social media/promotional material for their business. It's degrading and they never tell me when they do it. I hate that 1000s of people are getting my face in the mail even though i never consented to it. I don't like my picture being taken because of that. I only found out about all of it by snooping in their business. I don't care if my face is tied to their business and social media, but i do care if it's constantly a mascot they use for sales. if i was financially stable, i'd move out.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: alonely, Praestat_Mori and Sweet Tart
Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
It does sound exploitative that they use your image without your knowledge or consent. It's understandable for you to be wary about being in pictures and distrustful of them.

Reactions: dumpsterfire
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I understand your concerns and your parents should respect your wish not to be their "advertisement". The other thing, will you inherit their company one day?

dumpsterfire

dumpsterfire

my melody
Jul 19, 2023
I understand your concerns and your parents should respect your wish not to be their "advertisement". The other thing I ask myself, will you inherit their company one day?
most likely, but in the behind the scenes kind of way. i don't want to be the face of it, my brother and i are going 50/50 i'll let him be the face of it.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you would feel angry at that, I think it's cruel to not be respectful of your wishes.

Reactions: dumpsterfire