• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

paredler

paredler

Jul 31, 2022
After doing some research, I realized that obesity is inescapable. If you want to help someone lose weight, you need to starve them. If you want to get fit, you need to kill yourself at the gym. So it's either pain or pain, only a losing situation. Only high sugar, salt and fat food helps us feel satiation and relaxation, and sometimes even that doesn't help if you suffer from anhedonia (like me). We live in a well intented poorly designed machine that makes us suffer, and in order to deal with the suffering, it leads to more suffering. We constantly put off fire mentally by emotional eating but it only creates more fire in other areas in our lives. If we want to work out, our body releases pain signals from the brain to the nervous system, our respiratory system is exhausted and our heart rate goes up. We lost the game before even showing up to the field. You can't win the game, so you might as well quit it.

• Hugs
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, Artemisia, divinemistress36 and 5 others
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I'm either gaining or losing weight and every few years cycle between being obese and thin. When I'm thin I have to exert huge amounts of self control, every day is a battle. I'm currently on my way down again since I'm having obesity related issues. It takes me about 6 months of hardcore dieting to get average-thin. A couple times I've used strategies like walking for hours a day along with calorie restriction. Most people don't have that kind of time though.

I have so many thoughts about this topic. It makes my blood boil when people claim that I shouldn't restrict calories or that if I eat below 1200 calories a day I won't lose weight. They have NO idea what they're talking about and have never done it themself. Another good one...if you lose weight "the right way" you won't regain. No, people regain no matter how they lose the weight. A few people really don't regain and those I've know like this became personal trainers or have their weight linked to their livelihood, an interesting strategy for sure.

There seems to be months or years that will go by and the anhedonia is so intense I can't work on it but then a "window" opens and I sense an out. It's still brutal but there will a small shift where I know it's my opportunity to start again. If I don't take it then I don't know when the next opportunity will be. I also have autism and bad ADHD and I think the executive functioning problems play a big role in all this.

If we could create a society where most of the foods are healthy and not energy dense, and change portion sizes, I think this problem would mostly resolve. My friend was obese when he went to live in Japan. After living there a year he was a normal weight again and he didn't do anything special. Environment is everything.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and DefinitelyReady
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
The biggest factor to weight gain or weight loss is resources/money. That's it. Why? Because it means you don't have any external stresses which messes with hormones and how you exercise.

For 6 months I went from ok build to complete ripped (trying to be a golf pro) because I had a bit of money and was in Spain and the environment was OK. In the UK? I did everything to the extreme and couldn't put on weight (even at 16). At one point I was trying to eat 4000 calories a day and the weight went on so slow. At 30 plus did some shakes home made and put on way more weight.

Anyways - you need time and resources. If you have a "normal job" or don't have the information based on your body type and circumstances (DO NOT go to a gym and ask a PT - they make all their shitty programmes as if everyone is the same). I have a high metabolism and people at the gym just said "eat more". It's fucking gas lighting.

If you don't have the time/money then it's just a massive depressing arc.

Edit: I was a personal trainer for a year and did a course on it which included nutrition and first aid. It someone counted as a diploma in the UK.

Reactions: divinemistress36
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
The biggest factor to weight gain or weight loss is resources/money. That's it. Why? Because it means you don't have any external stresses which messes with hormones and how you exercise.
Time and money don't negate external stressors. If it did, why would celebrities be depressed and overweight? The only impact money has on weight loss is access to better quality food, money to get a personal trainer or a home gym, and money to access things such as therapy and medications for eating disorders and physical problems. Money doesn't fix a fucked up brain.

Reactions: DefinitelyReady, Artemisia and thenamingofcats
paredler

paredler

Jul 31, 2022

For 6 months I went from ok build to complete ripped (trying to be a golf pro) because I had a bit of money and was in Spain and the environment was OK. In the UK? I did everything to the extreme and couldn't put on weight (even at 16). At one point I was trying to eat 4000 calories a day and the weight went on so slow. At 30 plus did some shakes home made and put on way more weight.

Anyways - you need time and resources. If you have a "normal job" or don't have the information based on your body type and circumstances (DO NOT go to a gym and ask a PT - they make all their shitty programmes as if everyone is the same). I have a high metabolism and people at the gym just said "eat more". It's fucking gas lighting.

Edit: I was a personal trainer for a year and did a course on it which included nutrition and first aid. It someone counted as a diploma in the UK.
I have free time and money but still can't work out and eat healthy because I suffer from severe chronic mental pain. I also suffer from two bulging disks in my lower back that make it very hard for me to lift weights. Both the physical and psychological pain are too much. I tried to do 10 minute exercise for disabled people and burst into tears after ten minutes. I tried to read a book just to get out of my comfort zone, it started off pretty well but I collapsed mentally after an hour.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and thenamingofcats
H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
If you can walk ull lose weight, probably not as fast, but u don't have overdo it at the gym. Am sorry for those who struggle with mobility.

Reactions: DefinitelyReady
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Unsure what the research consisted of, but it's not reality that obesity is inescapable and I do want to clear up some misinformation stated here.

You say only high sugar, salt and fat food are what cause satiation, but it's actually foods that are high in dietary fiber and protein which are highest on the satiety index. What foods are high in dietary fibers? Healthy foods such as fish, potatoes, whole grains, fruit, etc.

Your body doesn't primarily release pain signals when you workout unless you have significant physical issues or push your body to its limits. What your brain actually releases is dopamine, serotonin, and noradrenaline. Dopamine and serotonin are quite literally responsible for altering your mood positively and noradrenaline increases focus and maintains your blood pressure.

Outside of a very small percentage of the population which has thyroid or similar issues severe enough to cause uncontrollable weight gain, it literally comes down to eating a healthy, moderately sized diet. Regarding costs, I live in the US and pay less for groceries than the average person here, eating a diet consisting almost entirely of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and grains. Exercising is important for healthy musculature, joint health, and cardiovascular function, but weight almost entirely comes down to diet unless you're running 10 miles a day.

I don't mean to sound harsh but people make a lot of excuses when it comes to maintaining a healthy weight even though it was hardly an issue at all for the entirety of human history. Obviously, a lot of that comes down to the prevalence of processed foods and overeating, but no one forces us to eat those foods and to an amount of overconsumption. The foods available to 16th century Irish peasants are still available to us now, fruits and vegetables haven't disappeared.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
Unsure what the research consisted of, but it's not reality that obesity is inescapable and I do want to clear up some misinformation stated here.

You say only high sugar, salt and fat food are what cause satiation, but it's actually foods that are high in dietary fiber and protein which are highest on the satiety index. What foods are high in dietary fibers? Healthy foods such as fish, potatoes, whole grains, fruit, etc.

Your body doesn't primarily release pain signals when you workout unless you have significant physical issues or push your body to its limits. What your brain actually releases is dopamine, serotonin, and noradrenaline. Dopamine and serotonin are quite literally responsible for altering your mood positively and noradrenaline increases focus and maintains your blood pressure.

Outside of a very small percentage of the population which has thyroid or similar issues severe enough to cause uncontrollable weight gain, it literally comes down to eating a healthy, moderately sized diet. Regarding costs, I live in the US and pay less for groceries than the average person here, eating a diet consisting almost entirely of fruits, vegetables, legumes, and grains. Exercising is important for healthy musculature, joint health, and cardiovascular function, but weight almost entirely comes down to diet unless you're running 10 miles a day.

I don't mean to sound harsh but people make a lot of excuses when it comes to maintaining a healthy weight even though it was hardly an issue at all for the entirety of human history. Obviously, a lot of that comes down to the prevalence of processed foods and overeating, but no one forces us to eat those foods and to an amount of overconsumption. The foods available to 16th century Irish peasants are still available to us now, fruits and vegetables haven't disappeared.
Ok so you don't have a serious eating disorder or food addiction. Cool. Those of us that do are tired of hearing this kind of nonsense.

Reactions: DefinitelyReady and AvwJ
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Ok so you don't have a serious eating disorder or food addiction. Cool. Those of us that do are tired of hearing this kind of nonsense.
The majority of people with weight issues do not have a eating disorder diagnosis. Food addiction is directly linked to eating those processed foods and unresolved emotional dysregulation. I've directly worked with 100s of people who have binge-eating symptoms, how many do you think were binging fruits and vegetables? It was almost exclusively foods high in processed sugar/carbs and saturated/trans fats. So like any addiction, there is a level of personal responsibility to change one's lifestyle to remove those factors and manage urges. Alcoholics who want to change have to make a choice to not drink alcohol, they can't just say well it's difficult and in front of me and shrug.

As a former addict, I have empathy for people struggling with a food addiction, but shirking off personal responsibility and blaming the addiction is still an excuse why someone is still engaging in their addiction if they want to stop the behavior. You think active drunks like being told to stop drinking? But that's exactly what they need to do if they want to get their shit together.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Death is white, not darkness.
Apr 17, 2023
After doing some research, I realized that obesity is inescapable. If you want to help someone lose weight, you need to starve them. If you want to get fit, you need to kill yourself at the gym. So it's either pain or pain, only a losing situation. Only high sugar, salt and fat food helps us feel satiation and relaxation, and sometimes even that doesn't help if you suffer from anhedonia (like me). We live in a well intented poorly designed machine that makes us suffer, and in order to deal with the suffering, it leads to more suffering. We constantly put off fire mentally by emotional eating but it only creates more fire in other areas in our lives. If we want to work out, our body releases pain signals from the brain to the nervous system, our respiratory system is exhausted and our heart rate goes up. We lost the game before even showing up to the field. You can't win the game, so you might as well quit it.
Switch to water only and cut out junk food. That's it. Stop with the excuses. I have anhedonia too and manage just fine eating plain food. Plain food isn't your only option by the way so don't latch onto that as an excuse. I was overweight by a lot in my early 20s and lost 100 pounds in less than a year by eating a low calorie diet and switching to water. I still just drink water. You won't want soda or juice again.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020

While what you said about healthy eating and weight loss is true, the mental aspect was ignored. Not everyone who is overweight has an eating disorder, but it sounds like this person may have some degree of disordered eating, either from an eating disorder or related to other mental health issues. Telling someone in this situation that it's all mental and they're making excuses really isn't helpful. That's about the same as telling an anorexic to just eat. To solve the weight problem one has to solve their mental health problems first.
While I struggle on the other end of the spectrum with anorexia, I'm sorry you're struggling so much with food, I know the struggle that comes from your entire life being surrounded by obsessive thoughts of food. And the lack of understanding that people with eating disorders face here. I don't necessarily agree that it's a societal issues, more of a mental health one, but I know how the frustration can lead to such anger at the world. I hope you find peace somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: thenamingofcats
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
While what you said about healthy eating and weight loss is true, the mental aspect was ignored. Not everyone who is overweight has an eating disorder, but it sounds like this person may have some degree of disordered eating, either from an eating disorder or related to other mental health issues. Telling someone in this situation that it's all mental and they're making excuses really isn't helpful. That's about the same as telling an anorexic to just eat. To solve the weight problem one has to solve their mental health problems first.
I'm going to quote what OP said and restate that I am combating misinformation.

"After doing some research, I realized that obesity is inescapable. If you want to help someone lose weight, you need to starve them. If you want to get fit, you need to kill yourself at the gym. So it's either pain or pain, only a losing situation. Only high sugar, salt and fat food helps us feel satiation and relaxation, and sometimes even that doesn't help if you suffer from anhedonia (like me). We live in a well intented poorly designed machine that makes us suffer, and in order to deal with the suffering, it leads to more suffering. We constantly put off fire mentally by emotional eating but it only creates more fire in other areas in our lives. If we want to work out, our body releases pain signals from the brain to the nervous system, our respiratory system is exhausted and our heart rate goes up. We lost the game before even showing up to the field. You can't win the game, so you might as well quit it."

If OP was just saying they personally couldn't beat obesity and so on, then that's fair. The bolded quotes however, are statements on health and fitness as a whole, not stated as their personal experience. There are a lot of young people on here who have little knowledge on health science, so my goal is to clear up misconceptions stated here that could create false beliefs.

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
The majority of people with weight issues do not have a eating disorder diagnosis. Food addiction is directly linked to eating those processed foods and unresolved emotional dysregulation. I've directly worked with 100s of people who have binge-eating symptoms, how many do you think were binging fruits and vegetables? It was almost exclusively foods high in processed sugar/carbs and saturated/trans fats. So like any addiction, there is a level of personal responsibility to change one's lifestyle to remove those factors and manage urges. Alcoholics who want to change have to make a choice to not drink alcohol, they can't just say well it's difficult and in front of me and shrug.

As a former addict, I have empathy for people struggling with a food addiction, but shirking off personal responsibility and blaming the addiction is still an excuse why someone is still engaging in their addiction if they want to stop the behavior. You think active drunks like being told to stop drinking? But that's exactly what they need to do if they want to get their shit together.
I've known plenty of people in late stage food addiction that will binge on fruits and veg and I've done it too. I'm not describing people with binge-eating symptoms I'm talking about people that are serious food addicts. It's not at all like being an alcoholic who can abstain. You have to eat. I quit smoking after smoking for over 10 years. It's nothing like the food addiction. It doesn't seem like you have insight into what severe food addiction is actually like.

paredler

paredler

Jul 31, 2022
Switch to water only and cut out junk food. That's it. Stop with the excuses. I have anhedonia too and manage just fine eating plain food. Plain food isn't your only option by the way so don't latch onto that as an excuse. I was overweight by a lot in my early 20s and lost 100 pounds in less than a year by eating a low calorie diet and switching to water. I still just drink water. You won't want soda or juice again.
STOP TELLING TO STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*CK OFF THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A REAL PROBLEM AND IF YOU DON'T GET THAT THEN YOU'RE A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I'm going to quote what OP said and restate that I am combating misinformation.

"After doing some research, I realized that obesity is inescapable. If you want to help someone lose weight, you need to starve them. If you want to get fit, you need to kill yourself at the gym. So it's either pain or pain, only a losing situation. Only high sugar, salt and fat food helps us feel satiation and relaxation, and sometimes even that doesn't help if you suffer from anhedonia (like me). We live in a well intented poorly designed machine that makes us suffer, and in order to deal with the suffering, it leads to more suffering. We constantly put off fire mentally by emotional eating but it only creates more fire in other areas in our lives. If we want to work out, our body releases pain signals from the brain to the nervous system, our respiratory system is exhausted and our heart rate goes up. We lost the game before even showing up to the field. You can't win the game, so you might as well quit it."

If OP was just saying they personally couldn't beat obesity and so on, then that's fair. The bolded quotes however, are statements on health and fitness as a whole, not stated as their personal experience. There are a lot of young people on here who have little knowledge on health science, so my goal is to clear up misconceptions stated here that could create false beliefs.
Ok, no problm. In my personal experience I can't lose weight because I'm addicted to food and too lazy to exercise. Are you happy now?

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and d3ad
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
STOP TELLING TO STOP MAKING EXCUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! F*CK OFF THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!! I HAVE A REAL PROBLEM AND IF YOU DON'T GET THAT THEN YOU'RE A MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ok, no problm. In my personal experience I can't lose weight because I'm addicted to food and too lazy to exercise. Are you happy now?
If you're too lazy to exercise, what makes you think you can ctb? People wrongly think ctb is easy.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
I'm so old bro, and have been fat or almost my entire life, that I remember being twelve and getting a slim-fast out of my locker to go to the cafeteria... If I can do it, you can... If doesn't happen overnight; you didn'tget fat overnight. You need to change your mindset. Food will always be there, and you can tweak things. With the right medication food wasn't always on my mind. There's other tools. I've never been a jogger/runner but I can walk for hours if I have to. Good form in everything you do is all you need. I've been reading nutritional labels since I was like 8? I'm sorry but obesity is not a reason to ctb to me. Unless you could be on that "My Life at 600lbs" show. I say no. :/

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I'm so old bro, and have been fat or almost my entire life, that I remember being twelve and getting a slim-fast out of my locker to go to the cafeteria... If I can do it, you can... If doesn't happen overnight; you didn'tget fat overnight. You need to change your mindset. Food will always be there, and you can tweak things. With the right medication food wasn't always on my mind. There's other tools. I've never been a jogger/runner but I can walk for hours if I have to. Good form in everything you do is all you need. I've been reading nutritional labels since I was like 8? I'm sorry but obesity is not a reason to ctb to me. Unless you could be on that "My Life at 600lbs" show. I say no. :/
Are you comfortable sharing what meds helped you?

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
You know, I may pass judgement, but I try to provide some useful validity as to why I think the way I do. Explain my opinion. Offer insight into why it's harsh? I don't self-righteously lecture people for the hell of it.

I fucking hate insufferable know-it-alls... They're delusional, self-serving, and rude af. Not to mention hypocritical. I thought I sucked...

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Time and money don't negate external stressors. If it did, why would celebrities be depressed and overweight? The only impact money has on weight loss is access to better quality food, money to get a personal trainer or a home gym, and money to access things such as therapy and medications for eating disorders and physical problems. Money doesn't fix a fucked up brain.
Sorry I mean in the sense of you have more of a clear mind. Everyone is different so some will not see the same outcome but to me having to work endless hours and messing up your spine and THEN having the energy and time (that's left in the day to work out) isn't sufficient. It makes losing it gaining weight impossible as you've negated the whole day to unhealthy stuff. Just sitting down endlessly messes up your spine posture and puts too much pressure on the discs. Also leads to slippage as at the desk you might be leaning one side or another for extended periods.

I agree money doesn't fixed my fucked up overclocked autistic brain. I'm just saying that if you want to lose or gain weight it can be done but that would be at the very bottom of why life is so fucked and bad.
I have free time and money but still can't work out and eat healthy because I suffer from severe chronic mental pain. I also suffer from two bulging disks in my lower back that make it very hard for me to lift weights. Both the physical and psychological pain are too much. I tried to do 10 minute exercise for disabled people and burst into tears after ten minutes. I tried to read a book just to get out of my comfort zone, it started off pretty well but I collapsed mentally after an hour.
I'm just going through all the replies now and above I mentioned discs. Crap. Mental I have no idea - I'm just as fucked - like a skeleton now. Physically a lot of your exercises need to be low impact - bulging discs in lower back so the lumbar region right?
Above is trying to help and lots of that info is good but it doesn't apply to OP. The buldgijg discs are the top priority issue (this cannot get worse, if it does we are talking nerve damage or worse which I won't mention).
Eating disorder or medical aspects would have to be looked at.

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
Are you comfortable sharing what meds helped you?
450mg burprion (maybe 350mg or 400mg, we varied), zoloft (I think name brand) 400mg which is double the FDA limit, and worked up to 15mg diazepam daily while waited for zoloft to kick in. I ended up over the years that generics matter; although they are not supposed to. Zoloft just "pooped" out (a Dr.'s words, not mine). At this time I started to get the stressors that would eventually be my downfall so who knows how much the zoloft stopped working. But it took me a while to get on some new meds because I went through the worst losses of my life and moved an hour away to a super small hellhole. So I honestly don't blame myself for gaining the weight back. I had kept like 45ish pounds off for two years and I had NEVER come close to that, or for that long. I still had weight to lose but by then I dated (before I moved) and I called it my "depressed weight" which was what I could maintain while still wanting to jump off of a hotel building if given the chance at any waking moment. That help?

Reactions: thenamingofcats
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024

1: how bad is the disc injury and when was it. How old are you roughly?
2: you have money and time to do whatever as you said above right? No work or employment or responsibilities?
3: any other medical issues relating to diet or insulin injections or anything of that nature?
4: what are you generally eating and drinking in a day?

Sorry but I'm going into autistic fix problem but it's up to you. If you don't want to it's also fine. I've been skinny and big and also eaten not much and eaten a lot so can relate a little. Had a shoulder injury but it's not the same as discs. Going to the gym and just "doing stuff" with slipped or bulging discs isnt the way.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
Sorry I mean in the sense of you have more of a clear mind. Everyone is different so some will not see the same outcome but to me having to work endless hours and messing up your spine and THEN having the energy and time (that's left in the day to work out) isn't sufficient. It makes losing it gaining weight impossible as you've negated the whole day to unhealthy stuff. Just sitting down endlessly messes up your spine posture and puts too much pressure on the discs. Also leads to slippage as at the desk you might be leaning one side or another for extended periods.

I agree money doesn't fixed my fucked up overclocked autistic brain. I'm just saying that if you want to lose or gain weight it can be done but that would be at the very bottom of why life is so fucked and bad.

I'm just going through all the replies now and above I mentioned discs. Crap. Mental I have no idea - I'm just as fucked - like a skeleton now. Physically a lot of your exercises need to be low impact - bulging discs in lower back so the lumbar region right?

Above is trying to help and lots of that info is good but it doesn't apply to OP. The buldgijg discs are the top priority issue (this cannot get worse, if it does we are talking nerve damage or worse which I won't mention).
Eating disorder or medical aspects would have to be looked at.
80% of weight is in the kitchen. While I don't have back issues. I have boobs I lug around in tightass sports bras 24/7. Not that it hurts but it's the most effed up thing next to pain. I'm 4'10 ³/⁴" dude. 10lbs on me is like 15 or 20 for another girl. It's ergonomics. I wasn't doing HITT stuff or x-games stuff. I wasn't even working out. I jusg had animals to look after and carried each dog up and down two flights of steps a few times or so a day and walked them. Then the guy who I was dating would make me miserable and I lived around everything so I walked to Braun's around the corner for ice cream because that tool made me😑 so my weight would fluctuate a few pounds every week.

Money isn't everything. People have money and don't have weight issues and they still hang themselves. Wtf are talking about?

Last edited:
Reactions: Throwawayacc3
T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
450mg burprion (maybe 350mg or 400mg, we varied), zoloft (I think name brand) 400mg which is double the FDA limit, and worked up to 15mg diazepam daily while waited for zoloft to kick in. I ended up over the years that generics matter; although they are not supposed to. Zoloft just "pooped" out (a Dr.'s words, not mine). At this time I started to get the stressors that would eventually be my downfall so who knows how much the zoloft stopped working. But it took me a while to get on some new meds because I went through the worst losses of my life and moved an hour away to a super small hellhole. So I honestly don't blame myself for gaining the weight back. I had kept like 45ish pounds off for two years and I had NEVER come close to that, or for that long. I still had weight to lose but by then I dated (before I moved) and I called it my "depressed weight" which was what I could maintain while still wanting to jump off of a hotel building if given the chance at any waking moment. That help?
It does thanks! I was on Wellbutrin years ago but for depression. Maybe it would be worth considering again. I have a somewhat similar situation. I had kept the weight off for a few years and then lost my home. I couldn't cope and started eating again. There's this kind of residual grief that won't go away. My mind shows me images of my old home and community through the day. It can be very visceral including smells, I guess it's a flashback but in a good way. Have you adjusted to your new town? I'm trying to get used to it, making a list of things I would like to do here in the future. Even dumb things like go for a walk down some of the nicer streets or carve pumpkins next fall.

willitpass

willitpass

Mar 10, 2020
If you're too lazy to exercise, what makes you think you can ctb? People wrongly think ctb is easy.
The mental energy required to exercise is starkly different from the kind of mental energy that it takes to off yourself. If you don't agree with what this person says, that's fine, but to essentially say they're too lazy to kill themselves is essentially antagonising someone to die. It's the same idea of "if you want to die so bad then you would have done it already" in my opinion. his comment is really unnecessary and harmful.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
This is pissing me off. If you ever want some help with weight, PM me. Im out.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
80% of weight is in the kitchen. While I don't have back issues. I have boobs I lug around in tightass sports bras 24/7. Not that it hurts but it's the most effed up thing next to pain. I'm 4'10 ³/⁴" dude. 10lbs on me is like 15 or 20 for another girl. It's ergonomics. I wasn't doing HITT stuff or x-games stuff. I wasn't even working out. I jusg had animals to look after and carried each dog up and down two flights of steps a few times or so a day and walked them. Then the guy who I was dating would make me miserable and I lived around everything so I walked to Braun's around the corner for ice cream because that tool made me😑 so my weight would fluctuate a few pounds every week.
I think this thread is fuxked as to who is responding to who lol. Yeah you are right though about weight is 80% food. Ideally you'd count roughly how many calories you are in taking a day (with no exercise for the day) and that would be your base. You would then reduce it (NOT drastically). So if you had 4 meals a day make it 3.5 a day. Eventually you hit a point of being too hungry (I'm not talking dopamine brain being hungry I mean actually hunger for the body just to fuel itself).
Big boobs fucks women. I knew 2 girls who have scoliosis and other spine problems and they do have big boobs (it does cause issues). My previous partner I helped with - you can get sports bras that are really supportive and breathable. They weren't super tight but enough to go around (not do running or high impact stuff) company was based in the EU though (I think you are USA?). Advise not to do HIIT stuff as it involves a lot of jumping and other nonsense. Golfers blow their spines becuase of the sport, divers compress their discs and skiiers mess their knees up due to the constant inward pressure. I'm tall 6"2 but I had lumbar issues and couldn't do trampoline, running, etc. more stationary stuff and controlled.

Carrying dogs is good. Hopefully you'd squat to pick them up rather than bed over (that's usually how lumbar discs pop). Walking dogs is low impact which is good as well.

Yeah 1st thing is calories in /out or your neutral level then after you can look at exercise stuff. If the diet is crap then the exercise will make 0 difference. In fact it'll make you worse, more irritated and more mood swings. If you starved yourself and worked out your muscles will go catabolic and start eating themselves for "energy". So yeah.

I know what it's like though. My minds mush now. As long as I've got calories to walk to the animal sanctuary and stay there a while that's fine. All the other stuff I don't care

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
It does thanks! I was on Wellbutrin years ago but for depression. Maybe it would be worth considering again. I have a somewhat similar situation. I had kept the weight off for a few years and then lost my home. I couldn't cope and started eating again. There's this kind of residual grief that won't go away. My mind shows me images of my old home and community through the day. It can be very visceral including smells, I guess it's a flashback but in a good way. Have you adjusted to your new town? I'm trying to get used to it, making a list of things I would like to do here in the future. Even dumb things like go for a walk down some of the nicer streets or carve pumpkins next fall.
I wasnt on wellbutrin for weight... I was on it because nothing else helped. I had also been on that for a very long time and still didn't lose any weight. No I never adjusted. I thought I'd be financially okay to get us back to the city within a years. Ultimately I lost everything but my mother, so there's no going back for me. I can't live with it, especially since it's my fault. But you can adjust to things. I hate adapting. But that's what life is and you have to fight it or accept it. I can't do either so I have caught a bus, but that's me. Doesnt have to be you.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
The mental energy required to exercise is starkly different from the kind of mental energy that it takes to off yourself. If you don't agree with what this person says, that's fine, but to essentially say they're too lazy to kill themselves is essentially antagonising someone to die. It's the same idea of "if you want to die so bad then you would have done it already" in my opinion. his comment is really unnecessary and harmful.
No, I don't want him to die. I'm pointing out that ctb and exercise are both difficult, so he needs to stop acting like there's an easy option here. He needs to see a therapist.