F

Finlay Flatly

Oct 28, 2019
Hello to any passersby. Thanks for being here. I just don't know where to start really. I'm 20 years old and I think I have a decent future ahead of me but I just don't think I can do it anymore. It's so hard to explain huh. I feel like I've been depressed and suicidal since I was perhaps 14. Suicidal thoughts plague my mind, however they seem to be the worst at night. Thoughts have slowly built up over these past months intensely. I didn't think I'd actually reach that point to where I'd attempt. I remember aimlessly wandering some nights on train tracks, but this was impulsive and I knew that, eventually I would realize it and go home.

I thought that these impulsive attempts were just a cry for help and I really didn't want to die. But what changed my mind was a motorcycle accident I had last November. After the impact with another car and when my body stopped rolling I remember the intense felling of how unfair it was that I was still alive. In that moment I knew that I really did want to die. I had planned to ctb via SN last month but was stopped before I took the SN and put on a involuntary psych hold. I had everything ready ; SN, meto, antacids and propranolol. I felt so scared and I called a friend to say goodbye after I had taken a small sip to see how it tasted. I didn't expect the police to show up so soon.

After my psych hold I had felt okay for a while, but I think I was just lying to myself. The feeling was still there but I was suppressing it. I've been just taking night drives crying and that has been helping to get me tired enough to fall asleep. Tonight though I got ticketed for speeding. Haha. I don't know if I'm going to reattempt soon, but I feel like I will reach another boiling point. Everyday I feel the heat begin to rise again. The worst part of all of this is how ungrateful I think I'm being. My life is fine. I have great friends and family. A future career, but it all seems so meaningless. I don't know. Thanks for taking your time to read this. I hope we all find peace soon.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mr. Peabody
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Thanks for sharing. Its a horrible place to be, not knowing which way to turn and night times always seem worse somehow for thoughts. Do you have any ideas what is behind your suicidal thoughts? You say you have family, friends and upcoming career................I wonder what is making it all so meaningless.