AnonymouslyBlue

AnonymouslyBlue

Sep 29, 2019
Something has happened.

Something big that I know I should be ecstatic about, should be celebrating with joy because, holy shit - I actually did it!

But all I can feel is how much I don't want this, how much all I want to do is curl back up in bed and forget the world outside my bedroom door.

I hate this feeling. I hate that this amazing thing has happened. I hate depression and I hate myself for letting it get the best of me in a time that I should be looking forward to what's to come.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ani, StillWaiting, TowerUpright and 1 other person
Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Congratulations on whatever it is and I hope you feel better.

• Hugs
Reactions: AnonymouslyBlue
The.End

The.End

This too shall pass
May 18, 2019
I fear good things happening to me because from my experience when something good happens to me it usually mean something really bad is bound to happen and mess everything up again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Numbtopain97, Ani and AnonymouslyBlue
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
Something has happened.

Something big that I know I should be ecstatic about, should be celebrating with joy because, holy shit - I actually did it!

But all I can feel is how much I don't want this, how much all I want to do is curl back up in bed and forget the world outside my bedroom door.

I hate this feeling. I hate that this amazing thing has happened. I hate depression and I hate myself for letting it get the best of me in a time that I should be looking forward to what's to come.
What is this amazing bthing that has happened?

Reactions: Ani
AnonymouslyBlue

AnonymouslyBlue

Sep 29, 2019
What is this amazing bthing that has happened?

I have graduated from university only two weeks ago, and I've just got my first job in a place that I've wanted to work with since doing an internship with the company.

But I guess this isn't really what I want, something about this doesn't feel right but I'm worried that this could just be my negative mind space talking and I could blow this or this really isn't what I want but then what else is there for me?

I'm scared. But it feels wrong and selfish to be scared of how I feel about this

• Love
Reactions: Ani and Sweet emotion
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I fear good things happening to me because from my experience when something good happens to me it usually mean something really bad is bound to happen and mess everything up again.

I believe Rincewind has a word for it, reverse karma.
If it helps, when I landed my dream job, I could not feel jubilant either. I was not depressed, already had a job that I enjoyed and everything. It's just that there is a shock that comes with any big news, good or bad, and then there is the natural fear of fucking it up. The bigger the opportunity, the more inclination to crawl away from it and pretend it's not there. People don't really react like in movies, no jumping in the air with whoops of victory.

Also in general, it can take a fresh graduate a couple of years walking around in terror and imposter's syndrome to emotionally recognise that they are now grown-up, have a job and it is actually them who done it. And it does not matter if you graduated as the stop student or anything, it's just a scary transition.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boochky
The.End

The.End

This too shall pass
May 18, 2019
I believe Rincewind has a word for it, reverse karma.

Funny thing is, I'm not even superstitious. But we human love to see patterns And make connections that don't exist. Most of us are constantly Searching for meaning in such a meaningless world.

Reactions: AnonymouslyBlue
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Funny thing is, I'm not even superstitious. But we human love to see patterns And make connections that don't exist. Most of us are constantly Searching for meaning in such a meaningless world.

Rincewind is not a superstitious character, either, he is just wearily realistic.

Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
I totally understand. When I got my big break earlier this year, I was sick to my stomach.

Can you maybe just try to put it in nuetral and see how it goes? Maybe feel your way into it? If you give it your best, you'll know you tried.

Reactions: TowerUpright and woxihuanni
The.End

The.End

This too shall pass
May 18, 2019
How can Rincewind not be superstitious when he's a character from a fantasy story filled with magic. I've actually heard of the Rincewind or Discworld before today
How can Rincewind not be superstitious when he's a character from a fantasy story filled with magic. I've never actually heard of the Rincewind or Discworld before today

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
He knows gods exist, his stance is to give the lot of them a wide berth. Pretty realistic, I'd say.

Reactions: The.End
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Definitely a win situation. Please enjoy it while you can and don't feel guilty about it.
If you won millions on the lotto please share.