B

Bassem

Apr 12, 2023
I live in an awful country and I hate everyone here, I have no close friends and my relationship with my dad isn't great I'd really like to move somewhere that isn't filled with monkeys but I don't have the funds for it and I don't see a way out , I just want it to be over.

• Hugs
Reactions: Letgo, The anhedonic one, Dead Meat and 1 other person
voc_89

voc_89

Experienced
Apr 10, 2023
i felt like that. When I was 17. Father had a gf that was emotionally abusive. I knew this wasn't gonna be it for me. I worked for 2 years then applied to a university. When I got in I had saved enough to afford boarding and about 1 year of living expenses. For the other remaining years I took a student loan to (university tuition is free in my country and the term is 3 years). I used education as my tool to get out. I no longer live in my awful country of birth nor have to keep up poor relationships for appearances. Idk where u are from. Hopefully u have the same opportunity re: free tertiary education tuition costs. If not, try to set up another plan where u can use savings u accumulated over x (2 or 3) years to leave where u are for good. Example, I think once u have maybe 16,000 canadian saved u almost gauranteed to be able to move there. I think some European countries (Australia as well if i recall) are/have implementing/implemented policies to attract people due to having an aging population and/or low birth rate dilemna. Try to see if you find any options and we can discuss what may be the best 3 to go with (off course u will settle on one overtime.... imo its best to always have options though just in case).

B

Bassem

Apr 12, 2023
Yeah well the average wage here is 97usd I'd have to work approximately 20 years to afford 1 year of education in a good country

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Letgo, Praestat_Mori and The anhedonic one
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
So sorry you are going through this.
The lack of money creates so much misery in this world.
I hope you can leave that place soon.

Reactions: Letgo and Praestat_Mori