Komm_Süsser_Tod

Komm_Süsser_Tod

Dec 12, 2021
Is this a silly thought? I feel like I mess up the simplest things due to my low intelligence.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SuicidalSheep, demuic, Dead Meat and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand how you feel. I am held back by the fear of failure, it is one of my worst nightmares failing an attempt and ending up in a worse quality of life. I always fail at everything in life and I have always had low intelligence as well, so I do not want to add suicide to the list of things that I have failed at. I do hate how we live in a world where people have to resort to methods that could fail. We all deserve the option of a peaceful, reliable exit at a time of our own choosing. More than anything I want eternal sleep. It is not a silly thought. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: markimobzzdeasui, demuic, Emmie and 4 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Is this a silly thought? I feel like I mess up the simplest things due to my low intelligence.
But when was the last you you thoroughly planned something? That's the difference - when you plan for something, you take your particular abilities into account. You don't leave things to chance. You try, and if you don't succeed, analyze why and make a correction. Repeat until you can be sure your plan works.

But 100%, do not attempt to ctb if you think there is a chance of failure. You will wind up much worse off than you are now.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, akana, little helpers and 3 others
Komm_Süsser_Tod

Komm_Süsser_Tod

Dec 12, 2021
But when was the last you you thoroughly planned something? That's the difference - when you plan for something, you take your particular abilities into account. You don't leave things to chance. You try, and if you don't succeed, analyze why and make a correction. Repeat until you can be sure your plan works.

But 100%, do not attempt to ctb if you think there is a chance of failure. You will wind up much worse off than you are now.
Don't think I can talk about cause of the new rules but with my method I don't think there is much of a chance failure. I guess this is just foolish anxiety again.

• Hugs
Reactions: little helpers, Dead Meat, LADY007 and 1 other person
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
Don't think I can talk about cause of the new rules but with my method I don't think there is much of a chance failure. I guess this is just foolish anxiety again.
Even if there is not much of a chance of failure, do prepare throughly and double check everything before the last moment.

It's sad that it had to come to this, but I wish you the best and hope you find peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Dead Meat and LADY007
SanguineHare

SanguineHare

Demon Bunny Queen
Dec 16, 2021
I wouldn't say it is a silly thought. I have a few failed attempts under my belt from years prior. One was definitely a surprise I made it at all. The other two weren't very thought out on my part. The bad one left me with severe radial neuropathy and having to learn how to walk again.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: little helpers, Dead Meat, Somber and 2 others
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
This has definitely been my fear. As you feel, I am worried that I will screw it up because I am neurotypical. I excel at my career and was pursuing a PhD before becoming ill, but sometimes the simplest things give me trouble. I even told a therapist once that the only thing stopping me from ctb is not family or religion but the fear that I will screw it up since I screw a lot of things up.

Thank you for helping me not feel alone in this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and Somber
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
Screwing up suicide and possibly ending in a state that would make another attempt difficult or impossible is something I worry about, but If the odds are good, rolling the dice is the only way I'll find out.

In the end there are plenty of people that choose not to CTB who still die painful deaths. And it's not as if existing isn't painful too.

Still hoping for it to be pain free, though.

• Hugs
Reactions: little helpers, Dead Meat and Ta555
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I hear you. There is always a chance of something going wrong, however, if it is well planned then your chances increase. I only have 100 grams of Sodium Nitrite, so I have to make it count.

D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
Sometimes i think the bullet is the best option

SuicidalSheep

SuicidalSheep

Feb 20, 2021
I feel the exact same way actually. Plus it's not like I can practice suicide or have anyone help me. That's usually how I get something done. I never succeed at something the first time. Once I tried eating more vegetables and tried to buy groceries and ended up with a panic attack in the store and none the wiser. I always think I could just google it and get there but I can't. Another time I failed at getting the creases out of my new clothes from Washing them. I failed at school , jobs, socializing, concentrating, not losing and breaking items all the time, independancy/self care/chores, relationships and still do... If I fail at the simplest shit without other peoples help how could I commit suicide.

Last edited: