sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
My grandma showed me photos of my dad when he was a kid. She gave me some of the photos because I miss him a lot, and I want a picture that isn't his mugshot. I didn't take a huge look at them last night, so I decided to look at them thoroughly a couple of minutes ago.

It just feels weird. My father was a very awful man. I cannot see him looking at those photos where he is laughing, playing with his telescope, playing video games, at his seventh birthday party, celebrating his last day of kindergarten...

Even the worst people were kids once, and I hate that. It makes me feel bad for him. When I look at his mugshot, I just see him as a little kid.

I also feel bad because my grandma disowned my dad after she found out what he did. I don't know anymore. There is just a ton of guilt, and I hope I am making sense.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: dialogos, pyroxenic, Forever Sleep and 4 others
thebookofdisquiet

thebookofdisquiet

Jul 21, 2023
The pictures you saw aren't from the same person you had to deal with, you can't compare an adult to an innocent child because they're not the same. Same body yes but not the same mind, not the same actions. Let the boy stay in the pictures being a happy kid, loved by your grandma, and don't mistake him for the man your father was.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: dialogos, 𖣂𖣂𖣂., Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
The pictures you saw aren't from the same person you had to deal with, you can't compare an adult to an innocent child because they're not the same. Same body yes but not the same mind, not the same actions. Let the boy stay in the pictures being a happy kid, loved by your grandma, and don't mistake him for the man your father was.
Thank you. You changed my mindset on it. It is still a little hard to accept, in a sense, but what you said really helped me. Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, CTB Dream and thebookofdisquiet
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Vry sry, this see past diff see thing dtriort time yea also no same prsn now, this rly sad life hug

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂𖣂𖣂.

𖣂
May 26, 2023
Ah same here seeing pictures of my dad makes me wonder how things can change so fast without realizing it before he became this person I strongly dislike.

• Aww..
Reactions: dialogos