KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
I had my first ctb thoughts when I was 14 and tried putting a knife to my throat but couldn't do anything. But then I still had hope for the future for things to get better. I kept the hope for years. Well, things did slowly, and with some effort, get better for 8 years. But then it all deteriorated and crashed and burned HARD and I have no more energy or hope to try again. Trying again would make me paranoid and be detrimental to innocent people. Unfortunately, for the prolifers who tell lies such that "things get better", I am now much smarter than my 14 year old self and I now know about SN and many other non-crude methods because things can get MUCH WORSE.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FERAL_FRENZY, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, lachrymost and 8 others
Cinnamorolls

Cinnamorolls

Apr 28, 2024
Same boat here, wanted to die for the first time at 14 but tried to keep hope alive that things would get better. Things only kept getting worse over time. My problems at 14 were nothing compared to my problems at 24, and my problems at 24 were nothing compared to things now at 34. For some people, it just doesn't get better and that's the hard truth. I'm sorry for your suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Metalhead, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, lachrymost and 2 others
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
Same boat here, wanted to die for the first time at 14 but tried to keep hope alive that things would get better. Things only kept getting worse over time. My problems at 14 were nothing compared to my problems at 24, and my problems at 24 were nothing compared to things now at 34. For some people, it just doesn't get better and that's the hard truth. I'm sorry for your suffering.
Yeah, at least they could have told us that and prepared us for things getting worse.

Reactions: lachrymost
katara

katara

tired all the time
Mar 17, 2022
For me it was 11, but basically the same story for me. I thought my life would get better and I'd be normal by 16… and wow, what a waste of time that was. They say all this shit about how things get better in time and I hate it. I can't even talk about this anywhere because all socials would suspend my account. Basically it's like this, trying again and again and knowing you are a failure, but trying again anyways just to be let down again. I have nobody who will help me besides my mom I guess, I live with her, and if she died tomorrow I'd have no way to get food or anything because not a soul cares about me. I don't even have the energy myself.

• Aww..
Reactions: Cinnamorolls and KillingPain267
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't understand how people believe that "it will get better". Life literally gets significantly worse for everybody as they age... and this includes normies too. There are so many normies who talk about missing being a child or the nostalgia it gave them. If anything, it's more likely that things will get more worse rather than better

• Aww..
Reactions: sserafim and Cinnamorolls
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I attempted at 14 and things got a whole lot worse since that time. But my situation now is not all that bad and things have been better lately. So I don't agree that things will get better but I do think that they can

abchia

abchia

Aug 28, 2023
It's just something people say to feel like they made you feel better and helped with the situation.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I first attempted at age 8, and even though I'd have a couple more after that, I always told myself that things would get better when I got older. I got older. It got worse. Now I'm just completely lost and barely have anything. I don't even have the hope I used to cling to.

• Love
Reactions: Cinnamorolls
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
You never know what the future holds. If you're very young and in a very bad situation, things are likely to get better. I believe this is statistically true.
Calling it a lie is unfair. At worst, it's an erroneous prediction.

Reactions: Bed, AvwJ and Melancholic_Misfit
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
You never know what the future holds. If you're very young and in a very bad situation, things are likely to get better. I believe this is statistically true.
Calling it a lie is unfair. At worst, it's an erroneous prediction.
It's a lie unless they said "it MIGHT get better". Things did get better when I was VERY young, but then things got worse and are very bad now. I'm not getting younger so it's only downhill from here.