• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Crash_Bash_Dash

Crash_Bash_Dash

Nothing what I used to be
Apr 23, 2024
My parcel arrived two days ago from one Polish source and I picked it up today from the post's fetching shelf but I only now found out by reading more carefully this site that the technical grade (which was claimed to be 99,5-99,9%) isn't suffice metric to guarantee enough purity for the product. Goddammit, I probably wasted my money and now I am in the desperate state again. I feel frustrated and stupid because I even asked for the purity directly from the source but I didn't search for "technical grade" they gave me. I don't have the testing kit yet but I should probably look out for another source and be to sure to get analytical grade test results.

Damn, I can't stand this feeling of stupidity and incompetence... Hopefully I succeed next time.

• Hugs
Reactions: restingplace and Unknown21
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I don't understand the metric part, when you bought it it said 99% purity and on the label of what you received in the package it says another percentage?

Crash_Bash_Dash

Crash_Bash_Dash

Apr 23, 2024
I don't understand the metric part, when you bought it it said 99% purity and on the label of what you received in the package it says another percentage?
I meant that the technical grade/purity of SN isn't a right measurement method/indicator for the purpose of CTB. I don't know if I explained it well now.

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
If purity is not a good indication of whether it is adequate... what is? šŸ¤”

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
If purity is not a good indication of whether it is adequate... what is? šŸ¤”
I saw a thread/threads that said that the technical class may be less clean in practice.

Honestly, I don't understand it.
If SN is 99% pure, it should be 99% pure.

I don't know how it works.
I lack knowledge on this topic.

This is strange to me.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I could be wrong but I think with technical grade the storage and handling or other aspects of it may make the purity decline compared to the purity given up on production? I still don't understand and didn't find a sound enough reason why it would be bad for the purpose of ctb and how much that decline of purity would really affect it's toxicity.

Crash_Bash_Dash

Crash_Bash_Dash

Apr 23, 2024
Leo (Brave AI) gave me this answer:

Technical grade refers to a type of chemical substance that has a certain level of purity, typically around 85-90%, making it suitable for commercial and industrial purposes. However, it is not suitable for use in food, drug, or medicinal production due to the presence of impurities. Technical grade chemicals are often used in large-scale industrial operations where a high degree of purity is not required.

Characteristics of Technical Grade Chemicals

• Purity level: 85-90%
  • Suitable for commercial and industrial purposes
  • Not suitable for food, drug, or medicinal production
  • May contain impurities
  • Often used in large-scale industrial operations
Examples of Technical Grade Chemicals

• Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) with a purity level of 99% is an example of a technical grade chemical. It is commonly used in industrial cleaning and degreasing applications.
Comparison to Other Grades

• Lab grade: Has a higher purity level (usually 99.9%) and is suitable for laboratory use.
  • ACS grade: Has a higher purity level (usually 99.9%) and is suitable for use in analytical chemistry and research.
  • Food grade: Has a higher purity level (usually 99.9%) and is suitable for use in food production.
  • USP grade: Has a higher purity level (usually 99.9%) and is suitable for use in pharmaceutical production.
Conclusion

In summary, technical grade chemicals are a type of chemical substance that has a certain level of purity, making it suitable for commercial and industrial purposes. However, it is not suitable for use in food, drug, or medicinal production due to the presence of impurities.

So it's TYPICALLY AROUND 85-90%. So not in every case.

I received some answers from the source a while ago and their document states in Polish "Guaranteed parameters: main product (sodium nitrite): min. 99.0%" I don't know, perhaps it is true then?

N3UR0T1C

N3UR0T1C

Jul 13, 2019
The exact verbiage being used is irrelevant, as it differs and isn't standardized. If the assay says 99%, then the SN is very likely to be 99%. Focusing on the "grade" versus the percentage makes little sense.

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
On the label of my SN it does not indicate the purity, but it indicates that it is NOT JUST SN, it has some other things, stabilizers and things like that I imagine, so I can understand the technical purity, if you are going to use it in a laboratory, where everything It should be what it is, you can't use it to experiment, but if your purpose is different, those "extras" are not a problem, since the purity of the SN is still 99%.

Or that's what I understand from all this.