TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I only live in my dreams and just exist when I wake up stuck in my room with no friends, hobbies, bad health etc.

When I dream it usually comes in waves like I remember vivid dreams 3 days in a row and then maybe weeks or more without much if any memory of them, in the dreams I truly LIVE even if it was just hanging out with an old friend doing something that would be trivial to most it still is more than I experience in real life also because there are no social anxiety or physical problems in my dreams.

Then there´s the more extreme and awesome dreams most recently an extremely vivid dream where I was in the Dragonball universe it´s some days ago so I can´t remember much but I remember starting out as my favorite character Vegeta then later for most of the dream I somehow was Adult Gohan it was so much fun flying around but I struggled with the speed until I went Super Sayain which took some effort to power up to and I couldn´t reach Super Sayain 2 but the speed from normal to super sayain was so much fun I even had a conversation with Krilling the weird part is I remember "our" faces, technically it wasn´t my face but Gohans but usually in dreams faces aren´t memorable. I also remember trying energy blasts which was cool.

TLDR; I only live in my dreams and merely exist in real life even if it´s just hanging out with past friends in a dream like when I was a teenager because I at least lived in my childhood and teen years so truly LIVING in a dream to me doesn´t necerssarily have to be me having super powers or stuff like that, basically just anything else than what my current existence holds is an improvement.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, Woodnote, nerve and 4 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I use vivid dreaming as a way to escape during very difficult periods, especially when my illness flares up and I can't work or go outside for walks.

I've had beautiful dreams that seemed so real, they gave me that tiny drop of hope I needed to go on, sometimes.

I think it's quite a harmless and mainly positive form of escapism, but unfortunately I cannot always access it, it depends on my mood and some other factors.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I use vivid dreaming as a way to escape during very difficult periods, especially when my illness flares up and I can't work or go outside for walks.

I've had beautiful dreams that seemed so real, they gave me that tiny drop of hope I needed to go on, sometimes.

I think it's quite a harmless and mainly positive form of escapism, but unfortunately I cannot always access it, it depends on my mood and some other factors.
Like half a year ago I started trying to learn Lucid dreaming and tried small with a dream journal but because of my extreme apathy I don´t have any motivation at all to follow through which is sad considering we spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping so I could´ve potentially kept living an amazing life at least a dream world where I could be and have anything I want I know it would only be 1/3 of my life and suffering in "reality" but what is reality that is a bigger philosphical question because if I live more in a dream world that seems as real as being awake then that reality seems more appealing and even more real, better stop ranting then I won´t be able to stop.

And I agree with the second phrase that sometimes I would also have had such amazing vivid dreams that felt so real they would give me a spark of joy or hope unfortunately only to fate away almost immediately.

Reactions: Epsilon0