M

Musketeer

Student
Jan 24, 2020

I normally love this guy, but he is out of line here, most of us are suicidal, and even those who "teach" others how to do it are suicidal as well. He's talking about stuff he clearly doesn't understand, he makes us out to be monsters getting off on the ctb of others, while many of us want to ctb, but for whatever reason are unable to do it.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Nomad7, ever so lonely, Finding Sirius and 5 others
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
He's just a normie doing what normies do. We just have to accept the fact that the vast majority of people find suicide abhorrent and will do everything in their power to take easy methods out of our hands. Of course, once a method is banned they pat themselves on the back for being heroes and immediately stop thinking about the actual suicidal people they've "helped" who are now only left with painful and violent ways to opt out of life.

Reactions: gomenasai, ever so lonely, Finding Sirius and 8 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Read through some comments. Only about 2 pertained to the mere possibility of legitimate suicide and debates around end-of-life bodily autonomy. Most were worshipping the creator and blasting Amazon for an AI algorithm oversight.

A few calling us evil monsters who get off on luring others to suicide and should be locked up. (What, why not capital punishment while the armchair lynch mob is going?) Funnily enough, the 'evil monster' label does seem appropriate for the psychopathic abusers that brought me to this point. But let's only attack the victims of inescapable suffering since they are the ones showing identifiable symptoms. Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, ever so lonely, Finding Sirius and 8 others
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Read through some comments. Only about 2 pertained to the mere possibility of legitimate suicide and debates around end-of-life bodily autonomy. Most were worshipping the creator and blasting Amazon for an AI algorithm oversight.

A few calling us evil monsters who get off on luring others to suicide and should be locked up. (What, why not capital punishment while the armchair lynch mob is going?) Funnily enough, the 'evil monster' label does seem appropriate for the psychopathic abusers that brought me to this point. But let's only attack the victims of inescapable suffering since they are the ones showing identifiable symptoms. Thanks.
We must accept their right to override our will to decide what's best for us! Since we are clearly mentally incompetent and must therefore forfeit all free will and bow down before the superior power of Norm. To want to end our pain is quite simply wrong and they are the good guys riding in on their white steed of righteousness with their YouTube sycophants ready to applaud their heroism!

I didn't want to subject myself to additional stress of reading the comments but I did see at least a few dissenting ones. It would not surprise me if he deleted those, I saw mine disappear despite it was restrained and informative. Maybe he wants to preserve his admiring echo chamber and suppress all disagreement. I don't know the guy but purely based on that video he's an idiot and should stick to what he knows about.

If it's any comfort he will doubtless have unwittingly got us a few new members…

Last edited:
Reactions: gomenasai, ever so lonely, Finding Sirius and 3 others
y0dha

y0dha

Student
Feb 10, 2022
SIncerely disappointing with this guy, I liked some of his contents but yeah he get the normie's opinion on this one, and can't understand that some people are living hell and there's no cure to heir hell so they want to leave hell and find peace....

Reactions: ever so lonely, Finding Sirius, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
It would be just too delicious if one of these retards were severely injured or even taken out by the person who they once saved. Sorta like the next time the person tried to ctb, they took out their savior first and then ctb. Shame there isn't more fear and terror among these do-gooders, that if they save us that THEY might be our unwilling guests when we ctb again. People who interfere in our demise should be left in a state of the highest levels of fear and terror, that the next time we ctb they might make the trip with us. I wish we had a very fearful reputation of avenging ourselves on people who meddle in our affairs of ctb. If those damnable pro life nutcases thought for a second that their asses might be severely injured, or even taken out, you can bet they would stay out of others business. A lot of those pro life morons, want to be heroes, yet they don't have the balls for real heroism. How brave is it to dial 911 and report someone for trying to ctb? They think they are heroes for making a phone call? Damned nuisance is what they are. I hate em, I hate em I say!
No. Can we not promote violence here please?

• Love
Reactions: đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´, ever so lonely, Finding Sirius and 3 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
No. Can we not promote violence here please?
Not to promote violence, wishing these little prolifers, would have pause when it comes to saving people who don't want to be saved. No one's life should be controlled by another, and certainly not by someone that doesn't know you. I said it would be delicious IF...I didn't say to do it. When people have their skin in the game, they don't like to make decisions about other people that might make those other people angry!

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
He said at 4:44 that there has been a "250% increase of chemical X ingestion since 2018", which suggests we have a pandemic of SN deaths. But that's not the case. I have explicitiely addressed this talking point in my thread here, in which I explained that SN deaths are a very tiny percentage of all suicides and it's just 1% of all poisoning suicides. https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/debunking-the-sn-hysteria.99356/#post-1721814
This happens when you do research with a very specific narrative in mind and when you just replicate talking points from the media without actually questioning them. Hey dude, how about you read some of my posts before you release such a video with misleading numbers? I'm the admin of the forum you badmouth after all. I don't think he has bad intentions but he has obviously a pro-life stance when it comes to suicide and his video reflects that pretty well. For example he also implies at 8:40 that long-term members aren't actually suicidal because if they were, they would have committed suicide already, which makes very clear to me that he doesn't understand suicidality and it's dilemma at all.

And at 14:18 he literally says this:
"And I do legitimately know that someone determined could most likely find the website and product that I have discussed today, based on the information I have provided but someone who is determined enough to dig that deep is going to find what they're looking for, regardless of what I do, say, censor or report on."
You're spot on. You just pointed out why suicide prevention, the way we do it right now, doesn't work because right now it relies on censoring information regarding peaceful suicides and intervention that violates our individual autonomy.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Antinous, Nomad7 and 10 others
E

eldiablo666

Evil Always Prevail
Sep 25, 2022
look Amazons logo looks like a phallus

• Wow
Reactions: gomenasai, Venus13, Cathy Ames and 1 other person
T

Tiny Little Tree

-
Jan 25, 2021
There was also a thread about the lawsuit.

I think it's easy to lose sight of things when we disagree so fundamentally, there is nuance.

I don't like what happened to prompt the lawsuit, at the same time I don't like many facets of the lawsuit itself.
I'm glad Amazon having something available benefitted certain people but I see the argument for not making it freely available for absolutely everyone. I hate how predatory their systems are too, intentional or not.
This is a great site for its ideals but we have to recognise when a user "pushes the boundaries" (just... look up the mentioned user's posts...)

Reactions: ever so lonely and Musketeer
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
There was also a thread about the lawsuit.

I think it's easy to lose sight of things when we disagree so fundamentally, there is nuance.

I don't like what happened to prompt the lawsuit, at the same time I don't like many facets of the lawsuit itself.
I'm glad Amazon having something available benefitted certain people but I see the argument for not making it freely available for absolutely everyone. I hate how predatory their systems are too, intentional or not.
This is a great site for its ideals but we have to recognise when a user "pushes the boundaries" (just... look up the mentioned user's posts...)
Are you talking about MtG? He was banned as an unsavoury predator some weeks ago. No one to my knowledge is defending him and it was disingenuous of this youtuber to cite him as representative of the community in any way.

Reactions: ever so lonely, Finding Sirius, Musketeer and 1 other person
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Reactions: ever so lonely, Finding Sirius, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020

I normally love this guy, but he is out of line here, most of us are suicidal, and even those who "teach" others how to do it are suicidal as well. He's talking about stuff he clearly doesn't understand, he makes us out to be monsters getting off on the ctb of others, while many of us want to ctb, but for whatever reason are unable to do it.

reading this got me thinking.....theyre the ones forcing us to CTB. "youre teaching....." yeah but no...we only know that stuff because we're suicidal as well. so basically what youre saying is because we've been dealing with SI (whatever other reasons) we're not actually suicidal, invalidating about half of the forum making them feel like they have to kill themselves and go through with it just to be heard, to prove a point. good job đź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Ź

Reactions: ever so lonely, Finding Sirius and emgrl
LesbianCarpetPython

LesbianCarpetPython

Smell lord
Sep 24, 2022
He's just some stupid right-wing YouTuber. Not worth wasting energy over

Reactions: Musketeer
T

Tiny Little Tree

-
Jan 25, 2021
Are you talking about MtG? He was banned as an unsavoury predator some weeks ago. No one to my knowledge is defending him and it was disingenuous of this youtuber to cite him as representative of the community in any way.
Yeah.
Not sure if I got that impression, seemed kinda singled out, but sure. I guess the point I was trying to make was if that's the kind of thing that can happen then there's room for more vigilance. I'm not aware of everything they ever posted and when but it seems like they were active for some time.

Reactions: đ–Ł´ nadia đ–Ł´
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That is just pro life nonsense which of course is best avoided. A lot of pro lifers are ignorant of the cruel reality of this existence, what is the benefit to suffering until old age, I see none. Life has no purpose or no value, life is just unnecessary problems and misery. Death solves everything for me, if I die I cannot suffer, I see suffering as something bad and something to be avoided. Things could even get worse for the pro lifers and then they would want methods, as after all any human could end up in extreme pain at any moment, what is good about that.

The truth is that some people simply don't want to be here and many others are trapped in unbearable situations. It's cruel to deny people method options and make suicide as difficult for people as possible who are already suffering. We will all die anyway so I would prefer to exit when the time is right for me. The right to die should always be respected. I view suicide as being more rational anyway than choosing to exist in a world where there is unlimited potential for pain.

• Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Finding Sirius, Musketeer and 1 other person
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Hahaha, in Catalan a "pallĂşs" is a fool, a piece of donkey.
//
Hahaha, en catalĂ  un "pallĂşs" Ă©s un babau, un tros d'ase.

B

BGooG

Aug 26, 2022
Interestingly, I have some sympathy for the original poster. The fact is, taking one's life has extremely negative effects on people around that person. This is quite apparent when you read many of the threads here; a great number of people are struggling with this issue (I am, it keeps me from seriously taking steps to end things). And so from the outside, the act is abhorrent, seems incredibly selfish, and should be avoided at all costs.

Unfortunately, this ignores the pain with which people are living. On a daily basis. And to simply demonize things is not a solution.

The fact is, I very much hesitated ever visiting this sight, and then spent months here before ever posting. What I've found is support for the pain in my life, understanding for my depression. I don't believe there is any other forum in which I could've expressed myself the way I have here. If I spoke this way to therapist I'd find myself hospitalized and/or medicated. If the original poster spent any time on this site, they should've ALSO observed a place where people who are depressed get support. Yes there is practical information, and tutorials. But there's simply a lot of understanding as well.

Reactions: y0dha and Musketeer
M

Musketeer

Student
Jan 24, 2020
Interestingly, I have some sympathy for the original poster. The fact is, taking one's life has extremely negative effects on people around that person. This is quite apparent when you read many of the threads here; a great number of people are struggling with this issue (I am, it keeps me from seriously taking steps to end things). And so from the outside, the act is abhorrent, seems incredibly selfish, and should be avoided at all costs.

Unfortunately, this ignores the pain with which people are living. On a daily basis. And to simply demonize things is not a solution.

The fact is, I very much hesitated ever visiting this sight, and then spent months here before ever posting. What I've found is support for the pain in my life, understanding for my depression. I don't believe there is any other forum in which I could've expressed myself the way I have here. If I spoke this way to therapist I'd find myself hospitalized and/or medicated. If the original poster spent any time on this site, they should've ALSO observed a place where people who are depressed get support. Yes there is practical information, and tutorials. But there's simply a lot of understanding as well.
That level of understanding has taken some of the emotional heat from my life, had i not been able to be open and anonymous on this site i would have already taken my own life. It has allowed me to buy time, switch my medications for physical pain, (yes i live with unbearable physical pain every day that will not get better) and at least live happily once again for some time. Until my medications I'm on now inevitably fail me. This site didn't give me death it gave me life, allowing me to stave off my ctb for a little while. One day i will eventually do it, there's no stopping that, but at least this site has given me more time than i ever thought i would have. I am eternally grateful for these communities, and the fact someone like me can not choose suicide is a shame. I always tell these people if you want sites like these to die, legalize physicians assisted suicide. That's the only way to get rid of websites like these, people will not go for treatment if they will be locked up and abused.

Reactions: y0dha and Per Ardua Ad Astra