Ameya

Ameya

A nobody
Mar 22, 2021
Dramatic title to catch some attention. My bad
I am going to start my vent now.
I have failed my last attempts and I really want to die now, but I made one fatal mistake. I talked about me feeling suicidal. Somehow I miraculously got a partner (I don't want to bost I'm sorry if it sounds like that). I opened up to him about being suicidal. He's also well..depressed AND suicidal. And I told him I don't think I can hold on any longer. He said he'll follow me into my footsteps when I die. I don't want him to kill himself bc of me. I don't want to be the reason. Before you think he's very evil. He wouldn't kill himself if we broke up. Just knowing the fact that I will be gone would trigget that. I might have created a toxic codpandecy without my intention. I love him very much, but I don't want to live. Now instead of dragging myself to death I would drag him there too.
THIS MAKES ME SUPER GUILTY. This is the only rule I have for myself: Not dragging anyone to death with me or minimising the trauma of someone finding me. Hence why a lot of methods are out of the question for me. My partner doesn't know that. I never told him. But whenever he tells me he loves me I feel incredibly guilty.
A similar scenario happned with another friend of mine too. I was just at rock bottem and I told him I'd end myself one day. He said basically the same as my partner. "If you die I die". I can't do this anymore. Why are they keeping me alive with my own guilt. I never ment to open up about my suicidal ideations, but I did bc I felt desperate. Now I don't know what to do.

I know I sound super spoiled bc I have people around me and some on this forum don't. I'm super sorry for that. But I am in pain with just living no matter who is around me. I am my biggest enemy

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: freedompass, Julgran, rationaltake and 1 other person
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
sound like a hard place to be in, and good of you to acknowledge you have people who do care for you. the truth of the matter is you can never know the effects of your actions until they happen; your ctb-ing could very well have led someone you know to doing the same down the line, even if you weren't aware. in fact "survivors" of suicide (as in those who were close to someone who did) are already at a much higher rate for ending up committing it themselves.

I think the vast majority of us would rather be able to live on our own terms than die, and because of that want the same for those we care for. this could apply to your situation. maybe it's an opportunity to talk to these two about what they're dealing with and try to elevate all of your situations. i hope things work out.

• Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves and Ameya
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like a difficult situation to be in and it must be hard to deal with. Things like that are why I never see it as a good idea to open up to others about being suicidal, nothing good can ever come from it, it will only just make things worse. I wish you relief from suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, houseofleaves, Ameya and 1 other person
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
It's a virtue that you feel some empathy

Reactions: Ameya and Un-
Ameya

Ameya

A nobody
Mar 22, 2021
It's a virtue that you feel some empathy
Sadly it holds me back
If I simply didn't give a fuck things would be fast and painless
That sounds like a difficult situation to be in and it must be hard to deal with. Things like that are why I never see it as a good idea to open up to others about being suicidal, nothing good can ever come from it, it will only just make things worse. I wish you relief from suffering.
thank you very much. I do see the consequences of my choices

actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Maybe you should tell them how you feel, If you trust them and know they will not panic and call for police. You could have beautiful conversations about what you mean to each other. You will probably both cry and all. Man are like that, we are like dogs, If we love truly we are very loyal. So It is his love that makes him say that, I think. Ask him if there are any other reasons why he might be suicidal.
Besides they are probably grown ass people and they make their own choices and receive consequences of them.
Also He might be honest about It when he says that, but remember that the fence of suicide is high and very few menage to jump through It. So even if he means It, it does not mean he will die. And If he has been suicidal before then def, he didn't die because of you. Both of them should tell you If there are reasons why they feel suicidal other then prospect of their lover/best friend dying.