L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Random thread, but I was curious of people's opinions. I'm not sure if theres another post about this so apologies if there is. Anyways, I'm currently watching I Love You, Now Die, the documentary about Michelle Carter. Im curious of what other people think of the unique case. If you ask me, I reckon she was a stupid naive girl who was more interested in the attention she would get after he killed himself, the "sorry for your loss" kinda stuff.
It's very sad, and very sick that she encouraged him to get back in to the car when he got out of it. Thoughts?

DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
Random thread, but I was curious of people's opinions. I'm not sure if theres another post about this so apologies if there is. Anyways, I'm currently watching I Love You, Now Die, the documentary about Michelle Carter. Im curious of what other people think of the unique case. If you ask me, I reckon she was a stupid naive girl who was more interested in the attention she would get after he killed himself, the "sorry for your loss" kinda stuff.
It's very sad, and very sick that she encouraged him to get back in to the car when he got out of it. Thoughts?
Oh. That case. At first I hated het but after reading a little more into it, she did make an effort to stop him from doing it but he kept insisting. I don't believe she should have been as pushy as she was, but I think that can be boiled down to her age. I said this when I first heard about the case and I say it now. Also, the media hid a lot of the texts. They left out the initial texts and that says a lot about how they viewed her and how they wanted the public to view her. Showing those texts would have garnered her more sympathy and the media didn't want that.
I don't hate the girl though. I think she came to a realization that he wouldn't get better and with a stupid lapse of judgement (that she was well aware of based on the fact that she asked him to delete the texts) she encouraged a suicide rather then offering support for whichever path this young man would have chose
I despise the fact that she encouraged it, but I don't think it was done out of malicious intent

Reactions: puppy9 and BPD_LE
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
It's a really interesting documentary. Before I watched it all I knew was from the media and so I thought she was an idiot. Now I've seen the documentary I understand a bit more. Their relationship was very unhealthily from both sides. Both were in significant mental distress. It's clear she has BPD. It's a very sad, fucked up story.

Reactions: dmsdnd18 and Itsalmosttime
N

neilo99

Tired of Life
Oct 9, 2019
Was it morally wrong? Absolutely.
Should she be locked up? Absolutely not.
The girl needs help while she's young not a criminal record and time in jail

Reactions: Élégie, puppy9 and BPD_LE