iamalreadydead

iamalreadydead

Student
Nov 25, 2022
earlier this month i got caught shoplifting and have an arraignment coming up. first time offender. i was getting baby food for my friend and a bike seat so he could go to work and avoid getting fired, and i was with them during it. the father of the kid got arrested for the weekend cause he had a warrant from like, 4 years ago, and one of the friends that was with me has a lawyer for a dad, so he's representing my friend in both the shoplifting charge and his charge from before. they all basically turned against me over the last month, the lawyer is personally pissed at me as well since he just knows me as a piece of shit that hangs out with his kid. so, a couple days ago, after I initially started chilling out about me being charged cause I'm a first time offender and it's unlikely I'll get jail time, i got a message from my friend that basically told me during the initial processing, all of them told the arresting officer that I was drunk, and I think i fucked myself over because after we were told to go down to the precinct, i did end up drinking. I dont know if thats documented anywhere. The thing thats got me worked up again is the fact that I don't know if I'm going to be tried separately from my friend or not, and If I'm not, will my friends dad think it's appropriate to frame me as an instigator, and bring up my habits and shit? i genuinely don't know how this court shit works. I think we have the same judge, i'm just really worried his involvement will end up with me getting something more intensive then a fine or probation. Like, what if i have to go to rehab or just straight to jail. I dont know. Im scared. Idk why i keep getting into situations like this. I really wanna die.

• Hugs
Reactions: kyhoti
kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
Rehab is not so bad if you can avoid jail time. Jail fucked me up in the head and physically too. Avoid jail at all costs. Make sure you have legal representation, even if it's a public defender.

Reactions: WhatMightHaveBeen and lxci
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You'll probably just get a fine and possibly community service, maybe a term of probation. They're not throwing a first-time shoplifter into jail. If the drinking comes up somehow, the court may order some kind of weekly urine testing, possibly some kind of drug intervention program. It'll be a misdemeanor, so it shouldn't haunt you so badly your entire life. If you do it again, though, all bets are off.

You're not a minor, are you?

Reactions: lxci
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Don't know what you can afford or borrow/charge, but you might call attorneys and get a consultation for fees and representation. Ask to have the charge expunged + community service and probation. Visit the police station for the incident report for clarification and request a copy for your attorney. I'd write a letter to the judge, speaking about wrongful choices, your regret/remorse, and how you plan to go about making changes in your life.
Looks like you need new friends too.
Figure out how/why you took this route so you can never involve yourself in this stuff again.
Better to learn hard lessons now.
Good luck✌

Last edited: