cyanlove

cyanlove

looking for my other half (of my skull)
Dec 23, 2021
I don't think I am capable of change anymore. It's getting to the point where it's affecting my job and possibly going to end up with me in jail for stalking.

I think it would be best for everyone if I just died now to make things better. I don't know if I can change or change in any meaningful way. My ex boyfriend broke up with me in December and I have been constantly calling him, texting him, and emailing him to contact me back. He's taken it up with HR (we work at the same company but at separate locations) and now he's saying he will get a restraining order. I'm afraid because I still want to call him and email him and I don't know how long I'll keep from doing that.

I'm so scared.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: secretsfromthecity, LifeHasNoOptIn, Cathy Ames and 2 others
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
I don't think I am capable of change anymore. It's getting to the point where it's affecting my job and possibly going to end up with me in jail for stalking.

I think it would be best for everyone if I just died now to make things better. I don't know if I can change or change in any meaningful way. My ex boyfriend broke up with me in December and I have been constantly calling him, texting him, and emailing him to contact me back. He's taken it up with HR (we work at the same company but at separate locations) and now he's saying he will get a restraining order. I'm afraid because I still want to call him and email him and I don't know how long I'll keep from doing that.

I'm so scared.
sounds like codependency 🥺 (i don't want to sound condescending! i said that only because i'm super codependent so this is what came to my mind)

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
cyanlove

cyanlove

Dec 23, 2021
sounds like codependency 🥺 (i don't want to sound condescending! i said that only because i'm super codependent so this is what came to my mind)
It wasn't condescending, don't worry. It does sound codependent but now he doesn't need me anymore, I guess. He's actually in a good place now and I'm still stuck here (physically and mentally)

• Aww..
Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood and houseofleaves
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
It wasn't condescending, don't worry. It does sound codependent but now he doesn't need me anymore, I guess. He's actually in a good place now and I'm still stuck here (physically and mentally)
I… i actually relate to this so much((

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanlove
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds awful what you are going through. I do hope that you find a way out of that situation, but I wish you the best in whatever happens.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022

I'm so scared.
I am going through the same thing. It's being very hard to let go. I've also been calling and texting and even went to his house to talk but now I've gone a week and a day without saying anything to him and I'm hanging in there. I realized that if I wanted there to be a 1% chance that later on we could talk again, end things on good terms or even become friends, I couldn't continue with the same behavior because he would get fed up. He always responded to me so I didn't want to get to the point where he was blocking me and not even responding anymore. Think about it. And besides, you're only hurting yourself :( If you ever want to talk you can PM me anytime.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LifeHasNoOptIn, CommitSudoku and cyanlove
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022

I'm so scared.
I can relate to this though I think I'm somewhat the opposite - I ended up getting to a point where my anxiety would barely allow me to text or write at all, and ended up contributing to the downfall of the relationship. I've always thought people were better off without me in their lives, so in some ways it becomes easier for me to not write. I think it's better for them, and then the anxiety can even stop me from writing. Unfortunately, this tends to even affect friendships and work relationships so I find it difficult to reach out to anyone.

When I think too much or see an old picture from her, it can make me ache inside but I'm to a point where I don't even know how to communicate with her and I'd rather her not see me falling apart. She's got enough to handle, and if she did find happiness I wouldn't want to taint it for her since I've probably tainted her life enough. That's my thoughts/thinking, but I have been guilty of ghosting people or just becoming awful at responding since the anxiety becomes too much or I truly believe they're better without me. I can't imagine being at the same company as an ex, I hope you don't work close together - that would be like constantly ripping open a wound. I think space is best, and then time. Things can just get easier with time, or you can become more numb, or potentially get more mental issues that keep you from talking too much (gosh I'm always an optimist). I don't know if taking time off is an option but maybe you could try to fill your life with things other than your ex so you just don't have time to even consider talking to him.

I realize a lot of things that 'work' for me are actually unhealthy, or more likely toxic, but I really think forcing yourself to keep space, however you can find it possible to do so, is best. I agree with @onlyanimalsaregood in that you can think from the perspective that should there be any chance of things ever working out again, then it's in your own benefit to keep space and take time off. I like to think everyone is better off without me or that leaving now would be best, but that's deciding things for others. But I'm also for the idea you should do things you feel are in your best interest as well. Best wishes whatever you decide to do and I'm sorry you're dealing with this, I know how hard it can be to lose a relationship with someone who has such importance to us.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: LifeHasNoOptIn, onlyanimalsaregood and cyanlove
cyanlove

cyanlove

Dec 23, 2021
Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciated it, you have no idea.

I hope you don't work close together - that would be like constantly ripping open a wound

Thankfully, we're in differing cities (think suburb vs large metropolitan city) and our jobs do not interact much anymore because of covid. He is actually indirectly above me as well in an administrative role so that also adds salt to the wound.

I also believe because he's escalated this with HR I will be passed over for any job opportunities in the future. Maybe it is time to finally move to a different job entirely. I never finished college so that limits it a bit for me.

Reactions: CommitSudoku
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
I also believe because he's escalated this with HR I will be passed over for any job opportunities in the future. Maybe it is time to finally move to a different job entirely. I never finished college so that limits it a bit for me.
If you don't enjoy your current job and are interested in trying anything else, I'd say to go for it. It can be scary/hard to do so, and the application process is much more stress than it should be, but why hold back? Sometimes I think how there are so many types of work out there and I've only experienced two in my life, I wonder if I could have found something that could make me happy with trial and error. Maybe that's too idealistic though. I'm not sure what types of work you're interested in but I'd say to at least see what's out there. I feel like things could only become more of a mess with HR, I hope that doesn't become the case though.