F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
Hahahaha... Ugh. It was inevitable. 20+ years of a tense relationship only further deteriorating as we get older. It's weird to think we were so close when we were kids and now we can't stand each other.

I should just cut off my family entirely.

• Hugs
Reactions: NekoNomNom, RileyTanaka, waived and 8 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Here to offer support if wanted.

Want to talk about your sister or your family?

No contact may have its challenges, but it is so freeing!

Are you aware of techniques like hoovering, and the occasional temptation to return to the slot machine of hope?

Here are some recovery resources if you're interested:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/resources-for-learning-boundaries.30500/

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/manipulation-tactics.31123/

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Broken Chimera, mediocre and FusRohDracarys
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
Can I congratulate you..? Congratulations! I hope you'll be happier after going no contact with your sister. I feel that no contact is better than a toxic relationship.

• Love
Reactions: Soul, lotus11, Broken Chimera and 5 others
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
@GoodPersonEffed Much appreciated. Thankfully, it shouldn't be much harder than just blocking her number. We barely talk as is and we live over 10 hours away from each other. She's just... well, we're night and day. Our interests, our careers, our political views, our tastes, our life styles... the only thing we have in common is we're both stubborn. Not a great combo. I'll take a look at those resources, thank you!

@disabledandhopeless Thank you, I agree 100%. It wasn't much of a relationship anyway... the only times we ever spoke were meaningless prattle--anything else erupts into vicious arguments. Not worth the energy.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: RileyTanaka, mediocre, Élégie and 2 others
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
congratulations (: many people think going non-contact is immature but i think it actually makes you the bigger person because you prevent future meaningless arguments

Reactions: FusRohDracarys and waived
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Just becsuse she is yiur sister doesn't mean you have to like her. I loathe my sister and try and have nothing to do with her. I see nothing wrong in it, we have nothing in common so why should a relationship be forced just because we are blood related

Reactions: FusRohDracarys, waived, disabledandhopeless and 1 other person
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I wish I could do that. My relationship with my sister is beyond repair. She's older, not wiser. She thinks she knows things she doesn't. She's half the reason I'm here, having pushed and pushed me into the psych system. Because of that I lost my job, my home, contact with my friends and had to move in with my mam.

She lives nearby , and everyday I have to deal with her and everyday I get angrier and sicker. I have tried standing up tp her then I get threatened with hospital again. Nowhere to run I can't escape her

• Hugs
Reactions: FusRohDracarys and RileyTanaka
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I cut off contact with my toxic sister for 20+ years. After about 15 I even stopped thinking about her every day. That felt good.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: FusRohDracarys, GoodPersonEffed, KleinerWolf and 2 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I cut off contact with my toxic sister for 20+ years. After about 15 I even stopped thinking about her every day. That felt good.

It's important to cut toxic people out of our lives.
You have done the right thing for self-respect.
Good on you.
I wish I could do that. My relationship with my sister is beyond repair. She's older, not wiser. She thinks she knows things she doesn't. She's half the reason I'm here, having pushed and pushed me into the psych system. Because of that I lost my job, my home, contact with my friends and had to move in with my mam.

She lives nearby , and everyday I have to deal with her and everyday I get angrier and sicker. I have tried standing up tp her then I get threatened with hospital again. Nowhere to run I can't escape her

Sorry to hear you have a toxic sister,
hope you can kick her out of your life if you think it's something that will benefit your mental health/ overall wellbeing.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: FusRohDracarys, Soul and GoBack
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@StrokeMyEgoBaby, thanks for the encouraging words.

@GoBack, leaving the country was my way out. That's tricky at the moment, of course, but you might want to look into the various routes to places too farflung or farfetched for your sister to follow you. x

Reactions: FusRohDracarys and GoBack
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
Thank you @Soul for the suggestion . I really can't go anywhere, besides my bad health and the pandemic. I spent 20 years of my life moving around from place to place, homeless sometimes. I haven't got it in me to start again. Even within my own country which is very small I feel like I've been everywhere.

If I could find a way I would. No matter where I go anyway, it has ruined my relationship with all my family and friends. It's my own fault , I let my guard down with her. I forgot how batshit she really is.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, FusRohDracarys, RileyTanaka and 1 other person