R

Roro90

Jan 2, 2020
I have no one to share this news with but i just passed my exams
idk if i should be happy or no it's kinda pointless since i'm planning to die at the end of the semester haha

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: EmptyArms, WaitingAround2Die, Sensei and 13 others
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: Sensei, mattwitt, TheDevilsAngel and 2 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I have no one to share this news with but i just passed my exams
idk if i should be happy or no it's kinda pointless since i'm planning to die at the end of the semester haha

Congratulations! It's not pointless, it's an accomplishment. Go ahead and be happy & proud x

• Love
Reactions: EmptyArms, Sensei, mattwitt and 4 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Alot can happen between now and then. So for now just enjoy the victory you've earned, congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: EmptyArms, Sensei, mattwitt and 3 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
That's great! What kind of exams?

• Love
Reactions: EmptyArms, Sensei, mediocre and 1 other person
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I'm happy for you, love! It's not pointless. An accomplishment is still an accomplishment, regardless of what the future may hold for you. It's worth acknowledging and we are proud of you. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: EmptyArms, Sensei, LivingToLong and 4 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Well done @Roro90 ! I hope you can enjoy your success!

• Love
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Congratulations! It's not pointless that you accomplished it. Be proud of yourself for it.

• Love
Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
Congratulations! It's not pointless at all. Be happy and proud of this accomplishment. You deserve it. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: EmptyArms, Sensei, mattwitt and 4 others
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
Congratulations you should be so proud! :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Love
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
Well done you! Of course you should be happy/proud of your achievement. Allow yourself to smile, no ifs or buts. You've done well and you've earned it.

• Love
Reactions: EmptyArms, Sensei, mattwitt and 2 others
cosmicpixiedust

cosmicpixiedust

Pixie
Jun 5, 2019
Congratulations! You should definitely be proud of yourself! :heart:

• Love
Reactions: EmptyArms, Sensei, mattwitt and 2 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Congratulations to you! I remember doing my exams and going to college I found it so difficult. But I got through it with support.

• Love
Reactions: EmptyArms, Sensei, cosmicpixiedust and 1 other person
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
In all honesty, I think exams are a cruel and ineffective way to measure... um, whatever they are meant to measure. Why do we even need to measure?

Things totally unrelated to your course of study are being tested in an exam room; you're ability to handle stress not least. If you've slept badly the night before, if you're ill, if you're on...

I managed my way through my degree thanks to a number of units being assessed by course work and/or tutor assessment. I feel that's a much better way to measure one's abilities. Essays were stressful enough for me!

R

Roro90

Jan 2, 2020
I
In all honesty, I think exams are a cruel and ineffective way to measure... um, whatever they are meant to measure. Why do we even need to measure?

Things totally unrelated to your course of study are being tested in an exam room; you're ability to handle stress not least. If you've slept badly the night before, if you're ill, if you're on...

I managed my way through my degree thanks to a number of units being assessed by course work and/or tutor assessment. I feel that's a much better way to measure one's abilities. Essays were stressful enough for me!
I really appreciate your opinion but i study medicine and it's very important to examines students at this field
although my life is all about exams at this point :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Woodnote, EmptyArms and Sensei
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I

I really appreciate your opinion but i study medicine and it's very important to examines students at this field
although my life is all about exams at this point :(
I worked for the Department of Health specializing in Infectious Diseases and terminal illness. Do you have a specialty?

Reactions: Sensei
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
Important to assess, yes. Does it need to be done with an exam though?

I'd be very interested in a discussion of this, but not on @Roro90's thread. It's not his decision to require exams and he's got good reason to celebrate. That's what we're focussing on in this thread.

@Roro90, echoing @Jean4: What's your specialization? [tossing congratulatory confetti around]

• Wow
Reactions: LivingToLong and WaitingAround2Die
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
he's got good reason to celebrate.

And you'll perhaps see that I celebrated with them earlier in the thread. I'm not dismissing their achievements, nor indeed anyones. Exams are hard work, for reasons more than they ought be, imo. Which is where I was going with my comment.

That's what we're focussing on in this thread.

So we're not allowed to broaden the scope into relevant areas? That's a natural flow of conversation, no?

@Jean4: What's your specialization? [tossing congratulatory confetti around]

Sorry, I thought we focusing on celebrating Roro90's exam result? ;)

Last edited:
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
Wow its great to have some happy and positive news, well done, am so proud. Dont think its a waste of time, you have accomplished alot here with lots of hard work and determination. Pat yourself on the back, again and again. Even if what we achieve or do is only small and seems insignificant, believe me its not, one thing leads to another and then so does confidence, one step at a time.

• Love
Reactions: EmptyArms
EmptyArms

EmptyArms

Student
Dec 1, 2019

And did anyone congratulate you upon your achievement??

Last edited:
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Congratulations.

If you're doing well perhaps you should consider finishing your studies first. You can still kick the proverbial bucket later.

EmptyArms

EmptyArms

Student
Dec 1, 2019
Excellent result! Very well done indeed, and in the face of great adversity. Shows strength of character and determination as well as ability. I'm very proud of you. :heart: :love:

Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

Apr 12, 2019
So we're not allowed to broaden the scope into relevant areas? That's a natural flow of conversation, no?

Sure, if others want to flow that way. You seemed more interested in putting @Roro90 on the spot for unknown reasons. Seriously, I urge you to start a thread about the topic of alternatives to testing. It's too good to be just an add-on.

Sorry, I thought we focusing on celebrating Roro90's exam result? ;)

Deliberately strip away all context much? I was asking @Roro90 and you know it. Peace x

• Love
Reactions: EmptyArms