Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
I don't get it.

I mean how can a pandemic in an age of internet, curfews, lockdowns, constant mask wearing (hence not being able to show or receive emotions from others) help someone personally? I couldn't run, I couldn't sit at a cafe.

Reading people who got magically healed in 2020&21 and it does my head in.

I was a very healthy person in 2019, now lost all my sense of self.

• Hugs
Reactions: Heartaches, myopybyproxy, Dead Meat and 6 others
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
I COMPLETELY lost it. It is the worse thing that has ever happen to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Dead Meat, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 5 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
For me the pandemic had some benefits. I don't mind less social interactions. Though the pandemic had some negative influences on my life. But it is a balance between positive and negative influences.

Reactions: Dead Meat, WrongPlaceWrongTime, height jumper 69 and 2 others
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
I COMPLETELY lost it. It is the worse thing that has ever happen to me.
If not for pandemic I would have never signed up for this website

Sure I had depression filled episodes like the most, and I will always respect the ability of one's choice in dignified death, but no way I would be in this state.

• Hugs
Reactions: myopybyproxy, Dead Meat, demuic and 1 other person
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

Dec 15, 2021
I am with you on that too! I was fine in 2019 had my ups and downs but I absolutely lost it.. I injured myself my relationship collapsed because of covid.. my healthcare job became SO MUCH HARDER.. I was dying of hypoxia wearing my mask lifting people's bodies all day.. everyday.. it's ruined my life.. I don't even give a shit about nothingness this feeling.. come what may I'm so ready to go.. the only feeling stopping is completely utter sadness that my life finally got to this point.. because I don't deserve it at all.. I was always fighting to live.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest, myopybyproxy, Dead Meat and 2 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@Moomin17 idk what kind of dictatorship you live in, but in the us, gyms were closed maybe for 3 months, and you could always exercise and run outside.

For nearly everyone I know in the us, the pandemic was an inconvenience, but nothing life changing. If anything, it allowed many people to work remotely, which a lot of people prefer.

Other countries, where citizens have surrendered to their governments, had it worse.

Last edited:
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
@Moomin17 idk what kind of dictatorship you live in, but in the us, gyms were closed maybe for 3 months, and you could always exercise and run outside.
The dictatorship of Turkey.

We were not allowed to go outside between April 2020 and June 2020 if not for supermarkets and health emergencies (even supermarkets were closed in weekends) and then again between November 2020 and February 2021, and lastly between April 2021 till July 2021. We were as a nation PTSD'ed for good.

And these policies did f all to virus.

• Informative
Reactions: myopybyproxy
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
The dictatorship of Turkey.

We were not allowed to go outside between April 2020 and June 2020 if not for supermarkets and health emergencies (even supermarkets were closed in weekends) and then again between November 2020 and February 2021, and lastly between April 2021 till July 2021. We were as a nation PTSD'ed for good.

And these policies did f all to virus.
This is exactly why we have the 2nd amendment in the us. Sorry for what you are going through.

Reactions: Istanbulite
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
This is exactly why we have the 2nd amendment in the us. Sorry for what you are going through.
I don't like the gun loving maniac aspect of your country, but yeah it worked wonders for you during the pandemic.

• Yay!
Reactions: LostAllHope88
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I don't like the gun loving maniac aspect of your country, but yeah it worked wonders for you during the pandemic.
The fact that there's about 350 million guns in the hands of citizens means those in power are there to serve the people. Other countries have brainwashed citizens into thinking they work for the government.

And loving guns doesn't make one a maniac. It give you the ability to protect yourself and your loved ones, as well as participate in a really fun hobby.

Countries like Mexico and Brazil have banned guns, and this has only affected law abiding citizens, who are now at the mercy of criminals with guns.

• Hmph!
Reactions: AMorteVivente, myopybyproxy and agate
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not understand people who are not suicidal. How can someone want to live in a world as horrible as this. I have never wanted to be alive and life is just a pointless struggle. We exist in a world where there is unlimited potential for suffering. The pandemic did not really change my life at all. I do not really live, instead I just exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nemeshisu, Istanbulite and yive
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
The fact that there's about 350 million guns in the hands of citizens means those in power are there to serve the people. Other countries have brainwashed citizens into thinking they work for the government.

And loving guns doesn't make one a maniac. It give you the ability to protect yourself and your loved ones, as well as participate in a really fun hobby.

Countries like Mexico and Brazil have banned guns, and this has only affected law abiding citizens, who are now at the mercy of criminals with guns.
But I have never seen a school shooting in my life here, or the countries I ve lived in. (lived in Italy and Croatia in addition to Turkey) and I didn't even spot a gun carried by a civilian. And nothing bad happened. So I love your freedom to the extreme stance but guns are a bit too much.

Yeah I understand that you guys may be fearful of your creepy neighbour who owns a gun, but instead of owning one yourself to counter that, why not campaign for his / her gun to be taken away as well?

Reactions: LostAllHope88
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
Wow, someone failed civics.

This nonsense will see the US tear itself apart, because whoever is not in power can always resort to this argument to take up arms against a duly elected government.

Reactions: LostAllHope88 and jimmy7754
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021

No good to have a mountain of guns if people are so politically divided and morally bankrupt.

Reactions: Bone, LostAllHope88 and jimmy7754
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
I don't get it.

I mean how can a pandemic in an age of internet, curfews, lockdowns, constant mask wearing (hence not being able to show or receive emotions from others) help someone personally? I couldn't run, I couldn't sit at a cafe.

Reading people who got magically healed in 2020&21 and it does my head in.

I was a very healthy person in 2019, now lost all my sense of self.
In the book The Plague by Albert Camus, a plague hits the city of Oran and there's a wave of deaths. There's one character who was deeply isolated and depressed before the plague hits, and he's strangely uplifted by the plague because he no longer feels alone in his panic, isolation, and despair. (Spoiler: When the plague ends and things go back to normal, he CTBs.)

I imagine some people can relate to that.

• Informative
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, Lostandlooking, myopybyproxy and 1 other person
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
In the book The Plague by Albert Camus, a plague hits the city of Oran and there's a wave of deaths. There's one character who was deeply isolated and depressed before the plague hits, and he's strangely uplifted by the plague because he no longer feels alone in his panic, isolation, and despair. (Spoiler: When the plague ends and things go back to normal, he CTBs.)

I imagine some people can relate to that.
What about the people who were not super duper happy but doing alright, not very isolated, being drawn to suicide as a consequence of the pandemic?...

Reactions: Nolan96
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
What about the people who were not super duper happy but doing alright, not very isolated, being drawn to suicide as a consequence of the pandemic?...
My sympathies to those people of course. I was only trying to explain how I think some people feel. I'm sorry the pandemic and lockdowns have been so hard on your mental health.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and Istanbulite
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

Dec 15, 2021
I live in the US.. I hate guns.. I'm isolated.. I wanna die.. this pandemic ruined my life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, Angi, LostAllHope88 and 2 others
Noctis

Noctis

I wish I'd done it years ago
Dec 15, 2021
There's actually an explanation for that. For people who have high levels of anxiety, all the chaos from the pandemic is actually calming to them, because their mind has been in a state of chaos for their entire life and it's comforting to them.

Add in that personal interactions were severely limited and working remotely became the norm, and introverts with lots of anxiety (and usually not depressed) started to feel calm

• Informative
Reactions: artificial_ineptness, Heartaches, Istanbulite and 1 other person
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
why not campaign for his / her gun to be taken away as well?
Because that's not how freedom works. Freedom is an expansion of people's rights, not further restrictions.
I live in the US.. I hate guns.. I'm isolated.. I wanna die.. this pandemic ruined my life.
Maybe if you bought a gun and joined a gun club, you wouldn't be so isolated.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: lostangel, WrongPlaceWrongTime and Istanbulite
orange

orange

Experienced
Nov 19, 2021
There's actually an explanation for that. For people who have high levels of anxiety, all the chaos from the pandemic is actually calming to them, because their mind has been in a state of chaos for their entire life and it's comforting to them.

Add in that personal interactions were severely limited and working remotely became the norm, and introverts with lots of anxiety (and usually not depressed) started to feel calm
personally I loved online classes and quarantine lmao

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and Itsbeenalongtime
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
personally I loved online classes and quarantine lmao
But haven't you missed walking by the lake, lying on grass or hearing the sounds of sparrows?

Online world disgust me, everything is so plastic. Nosedive / Black Mirror level eww.

orange

orange

Experienced
Nov 19, 2021
But haven't you missed walking by the lake, lying on grass or hearing the sounds of sparrows?

Online world disgust me, everything is so plastic. Nosedive / Black Mirror level eww.
no, I did like walking my dog for an hour through the empty streets tho. they made it illegal toward the end so I got stopped by the police a couple times but that was entertaining too, I just had to lie about my place of residence. overall 10/10 would get my entire city quarantined again

Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
no, I did like walking my dog for an hour through the empty streets tho. they made it illegal toward the end so I got stopped by the police a couple times but that was entertaining too, I just had to lie about my place of residence. overall 10/10 would get my entire city quarantined again
but that will mean people dying again?
Because that's not how freedom works. Freedom is an expansion of people's rights, not further restrictions.
But if your creepy neighbour kills your child or relative in a school shooting bcs of/thanks to that right?

WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
No good to have a mountain of guns if people are so politically divided and morally bankrupt.
On the contrary, I think it is ideal to have a gun because of how corrupt people are. It's best to have a fighting chance to defend yourself and those you care about in a world that's spiraling out of control.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
but that will mean people dying again?

But if your creepy neighbour kills your child or relative in a school shooting bcs of/thanks to that right?
I don't have kids, so that's not my problem. Everyone important in my life is armed and knows how to use a weapon.

Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
I don't have kids, so that's not my problem. Everyone important in my life is armed and knows how to use a weapon.
don't you have a niece or nephew? minors are not armed I guess, I mean I hope!! :D

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
don't you have a niece or nephew?
None that I know or care about. They are their parents' problems, not mine.

But I'm not getting into an argument about guns. I think they limit the amount of power a government has over its people. I also think they level the playing field in offering someone much smaller and physically weaker a chance to defend themself against a bigger, stronger assailant. If you don't like them, are scared of them, think they're evil that's definitely your right.

Just one question - how many ss members were assaulted by someone they had a restraining order against?

Last edited:
Reactions: myopybyproxy and Istanbulite
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020

Hawkeye was an idiot. If I were in a situation where I could get captured and tortured by the enemy, I would at least keep a gun or grenade on hand to kill myself quickly and painlessly.