Deleted member 7141

Deleted member 7141

Do not be prisoner of your life. Die a little, lol
Apr 15, 2019
More than one person has said this to me in anger. The last person who said it was someone I deeply cared about; not so much any more though. Who am I kidding. I love him unconditionally. His name is David. He knew I had tried to kill myself before so it was said to be especially hurtful.

Why are people who appear to be horrible human beings usually surrounded by a core group of friends and loved ones who seem to be great people who genuinely care about and are fiercely loyal to them no matter how bad they behave?

While some people who are genuinely good, kind hearted, gentle by nature,have no one in this world who cares about them?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: roo, NightmareTour, OreoWellington and 13 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
If I ever find a reasonable explanation of that conundrum, I will be sure to let you know.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, azucaramargo and Deleted member 7141
Deleted member 7141

Deleted member 7141

Apr 15, 2019
  • Hugs
Reactions: lizinha, not-2-b-the-answer and Circles
L

LivingToLong

Experienced
Feb 23, 2019
I think when people get angry they (well, some anyway) know how to be hurtful. They want to cause the most possible pain that they can, it's lashing out I suppose. They've been hurt/attacked so they want to hurt back/defend. Some people are actually very good at it (not that it's praise worthy in the least) and know just what to say/do to hurt to the maximum. Sounds like David is such a person.

They say you always hurt the ones you love. That is, in a sense, almost predestined because you are at your most vulnerable with the ones you love. You've trusted them with your soul, your being. That's why, for me, betrayal (of that trust) would be the most hurtful.

I can forgive some hurts if they are acknowledged and, most importantly, apologised for. Betrayal though, I'd find that very difficult to forgive (depending on the circumstances)

Reactions: Numbtopain97, SawItOnce, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
People once said, "Go kill yourself" to me before as I said it back to them, but nowadays I try to avoid that phrase as much as possible due to self respect and self control and respect to the others even if I don't like them or their behavior we humans create a living heaven and living hell even on the basis of our words as practical Gods not actual Gods like Allah all the way down to Zeus and Jesus and Aphrodite the two Gods that don't bother me as an Atheist.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, azucaramargo and Circles
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Why are people who appear to be horrible human beings usually surrounded by a core group of friends and loved ones who seem to be great people who genuinely care about and are fiercely loyal to them no matter how bad they behave?

While some people who are genuinely good, kind hearted, gentle by nature,have no one in this world who cares about them?

Somewhere on one of my old hard drives I have a series of papers showing evidence that, generally, people mistrust "nice" people (beyond some basics of civility a culture recognizes). And many years ago I participated in a research study designed to test whether external factors unrelated to what's said or HOW it's said influence others' reception of what's said. That study found out (of course) that physical appearance and other external cues strongly impact both how receptive people are to what others say and (surprising to the researchers) whether (and to what degree) listeners agree with what was said.

Seems like being "nice" really does make it more likely you/we will finish last... Sorry you were treated badly.

• Love
Reactions: justwhy?, Woodnote, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
Deleted member 7141

Deleted member 7141

Apr 15, 2019
Somewhere on one of my old hard drives I have a series of papers showing evidence that, generally, people mistrust "nice" people (beyond some basics of civility a culture recognizes). And many years ago I participated in a research study designed to test whether external factors unrelated to what's said or HOW it's said influence others' reception of what's said. That study found out (of course) that physical appearance and other external cues strongly impact both how receptive people are to what others say and (surprising to the researchers) whether (and to what degree) listeners agree with what was said.

Seems like being "nice" really does make it more likely you/we will finish last... Sorry you were treated badly.

Wow! That was deep! It explains so much.

Thank you for sharing. I am going to have to read that a few times to make sure I really comprehend it fully. I already read it once and I am intrigued.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer, not-2-b-the-answer and azucaramargo
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
More than one person has said this to me in anger. The last person who said it was someone I deeply cared about; not so much any more though. Who am I kidding. I love him unconditionally. His name is David. He knew I had tried to kill myself before so it was said to be especially hurtful.

Sorry this happened to you. :hug:
I don't remember ever having said that to someone or have it said to me … if it did happen … maybe High School, but I don't remember it if it did.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 7141
Deleted member 7141

Deleted member 7141

Apr 15, 2019
Sorry this happened to you. :hug:
I don't remember ever having said that to someone or have it said to me … if it did happen … maybe High School, but I don't remember it if it did.
Thank you, luv...

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer