ebg

ebg

Sep 30, 2024
I hope it is rather used to advocate for MAID or to just reduce the stigma of suicide. I am tired of people viewing suicide as something that MUST be prevented. I can't stand how close-minded people are on the subject. I plan on scheduling a Facebook post a week after I CTB stating that I want my suicide to be used to advocate for suicide to become more acceptable and that I was in a completely rational state of mind when I made this decision. I don't want others to project their state of mind onto mine "oh she must have been suffering" "she just needed help" etc. We should make a movement of some kind lol, screw those people who try to ban SN or other peaceful methods of CTB. I think everyone should have the right to CTB, no matter what their living conditions are. I just don't want to be human anymore, I don't want kids, I don't want to serve people and propagate the survival of our species.

• Hugs
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas, MsHelena, LifeQuitter and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand, I also just wish to not exist and see existing as completely undesirable, it just feels so cruel to me how painless methods are denied as I never would have chosen or wished for existence in the first place, all I wish for is to never exist again, for me a painless death would be the only relief.

Reactions: LifeQuitter
AllTheseQuestions

AllTheseQuestions

Sep 19, 2024
I agree with you.

The attitude to suicide reminds me of a quote from one of my favourite films;

• Chuck Aule: I don't know, boss. How can you believe a crazy guy?
  • Teddy Daniels: That's the beauty of it. Mental Patients make the perfect subjects, if they talk nobody listens to them!

No matter what we say, how rational our words are, society has deemed us crazy so anything we say is just a confirmation of that craziness!

• Yay!
Reactions: sancta-simplicitas and hopelesswanderer
MsHelena

MsHelena

Jun 20, 2024
I agree 100%.
One of the items on my " get affairs in order" list is to make my final wishes on this matter crystal clear:

My name/ memory is not to be used for any sort of suicide prevention- no posts, no walks, no personal posts, no phone numbers- nothing.

I will also be making it clear that if/ when when I take this step, it was done rationally, mindfully, and was something I needed to be at peace. If I have taken this step, then I am as at peace with my choice that I can ever possibly be.

I don't want anyone to be hurt, although I know at least a few people will be, but I will expect those who cared for me to respect my decisions regarding my own life.

I honestly can't stand most of those trite postings on social media anyhow; most of the ones that I see are more about making the poster feel good than truly helping anyone.

I have seen, and personally experienced the silence/ discomfort from some of these same people when they are witnessing human vulnerability and suffering.

It's made me a much more cynical person with a deep appreciation of true kindness.

Perhaps if enough voices are heard it may eventually make it harder to invalidate.

It seems that most people I meet agree that it's inhumane to allow dying humans to suffer needlessly, and I've been alive long enough to see greater acceptance of this idea.

Maybe one day we'll take the next logical steps to allow anyone who is suffering and desires it a safe and peaceful release from life.

Reactions: sancta-simplicitas
P

pariah80

Aug 12, 2024
Suicidality and mental health are actually rarely synonymous. But if you deviate from "normal", you will always be considered crazy. Mental health is just a convenient way to dismiss the failings of the larger human society, and individualize problems.