I-can-only-imagine

I-can-only-imagine

Student
Apr 26, 2021
Since moving here, I have done everything right. I have religiously attended my DBT. i have done all the homework, i try and practice the skills most days. I take my meds religiously 99% of the time. And yet for the last three(ish) days i have had a drastic decline from what was a steady decline.

I honestly dont know what to do. I saw my case manager yesterday. She knows everything, but i still wasnt able to be 100% honest with her, just 98% because i know another admission will be done. I have been in 6 hospitals since the end of may. And yet i always go backwards. So whats the point of another admission? it doesnt help - and when im in honestly try. And i am meant ot be going away for christmas in 16 days. How am i going to do that if i get readmitted. How am i even going to get through 2 1/2 weeks of being in the middle of no-where with family i barely know. how am i going to get away with my restricting of food because atm it is the only thing i can control and with the borderline ED, the weight loss is the only accomplishment i feel but even that does not bring me joy.

I gave up Alcohol because i was abusing it SO badly. and i was doing ok apart from mild cravings, until 3 days ago where i have sat there and wondered what the point is. I miss the oblivion that over half a bottle of rum gives me. now i am just stuck with my thoughts and hard decline 24/7.

I have an appt today (finally) to see a psychiatrist for trying to get my registration back. I am scared that i will say the wrong thing and i wont ever be able to go back to work. But i also dont see the point of going back to work because if i do, and i relapse and loose my job then why have i tried doing the right thing and fought to get back to work eventually.

i just feel so lost and so close to another attemot at CTB. but i cant with dad here. even if he has been a complete dick the last 5 days. He is the reason i have been trying. and i physically cannot tell him how i am doing without alcohol on board as there is something in me that stops me being able to be open with him when sober, even though he is nothing but supportive when i do open up.

Sorry for the word vomit. i dont even know why i have written this post. i guess maybe it will help. i have no faith in it making any difference. even my case manager says i am "Atypical" and so we have to try and look outside the box for something to help. i have 0 faith in anything changing and i know i will be gone within the next 18 months, if i even last that long. atm i dont even know how i will get through one day.

anyway, if you have managed to stick through this, thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: AtMostOkay and IsThisTheEnd?
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
we've got a long way to go before we have miracle cures for everything, substance abuse destroyed my life weed cause addiction to music with headphone resulting in a brain injury, all i did every day was take weed for 2 years stright and listen to music like 3.5g a day £30 a day

Attachments

• 241064993_1013559089420849_7237225549066662977_n_1013559082754183.jpg
    241064993_1013559089420849_7237225549066662977_n_1013559082754183.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It sounds very stressful what you are going through. I understand it is a hopeless feeling when things just get worse. Life is so tiring. I wish you the best.

I-can-only-imagine

I-can-only-imagine

Student
Apr 26, 2021
It sounds very stressful what you are going through. I understand it is a hopeless feeling when things just get worse. Life is so tiring. I wish you the best.
thanks lovely. I have missed you in chat. I was thinking you werent around any more on here. Glad to see you are still holding on :heart: (yes hypocritical as fuck i know!)

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
thanks lovely. I have missed you in chat. I was thinking you werent around any more on here. Glad to see you are still holding on :heart: (yes hypocritical as fuck i know!)
I think you are confusing me with someone else, I never really go in the chat and I post in the forums every day. I wish you the best.

I-can-only-imagine

I-can-only-imagine

Student
Apr 26, 2021
I think you are confusing me with someone else, I never really go in the chat and I post in the forums every day. I wish you the best.
knowing my brain, it 100% wouldnt surprise me if i have done exactly that! sorry!

T

tootired4life

Mar 7, 2023
hey, can i just say: this story is so so reminiscent of that of a friend of mine who for nearly seven years suffered with an ED and depression and we were sure that they would kill themselves, but now they're putting themselves through a uni course as an adult and has new friends and boyfriend and everything. i know we're not meant to say stupid shit like 'it will get better' but you type exactly like my friend and this sounds literally exactly like a message they sent to me just a bit before his last attempt at ctb before everything got better. sorry if this is weird, just saying