• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

dotdotdotdot

dotdotdotdot

Jan 28, 2024
I was practicing on hitting the carotid artery just now and I'm 99% sure i hit it. i felt a euphoric and tingling sensation throughout my body. this was my first time hitting it but the problem is i didn't pass out. i pushed down for about 10-15 seconds and a decent amount of force but i didn't pass out. anyone can help me out? thanks

R

Raichu

An old head on young shoulders
Jan 11, 2024
I could only hit it once and never again.... I was starting to black out but removed my hand on time. I would suggest you to go for therapy and think it through

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
I was practicing on hitting the carotid artery just now and I'm 99% sure i hit it. i felt a euphoric and tingling sensation throughout my body. this was my first time hitting it but the problem is i didn't pass out. i pushed down for about 10-15 seconds and a decent amount of force but i didn't pass out. anyone can help me out? thanks
Place your thumbs right beside that thing in the middle of your neck - horizontally to cover more area - and your hands on the back of the neck. Then squeeze fast and hard.
Try different positions - right below the jaw or around the middle of the neck works for me.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
It's possible that you didn't get faint because you didn't press long enough. I'm told that intense pressure isn't necessary, so it shouldn't be that. It's also possible you were mostly pressing on your vagus nerve instead of your carotid. The branches of the vagus nerve run through the same general area on the sides of your neck as the jugular and carotid. Massaging the vagus nerve stimulates your parasympathetic nervous system, which pretty much triggers the reaction you describe: tingly and euphoric. It won't kill you, but it might make you want to die less. That's definitely worth something.

The carotid seems to be really hard for most people to hit on themselves … supposedly the place you want to hit is this Y-shaped fork where the internal carotid artery meets the external carotid artery and becomes the common carotid artery. The PPeH describes putting your fingers right at the angle of your jaw, and then moving a little bit down into the soft tissue of your neck. Your jugular is right in there too, and depending on how you're put together, it might be hard to isolate just one structure.

If you've mostly got the jugular, it will make your head feel like it's going to explode. The vagus nerve kind of gets its little feelers wrapped around everything in there, which is fine because pressing it or massaging it can feel great. Pressing on that V shape in the carotid is supposed to make your vision start graying out pretty fast. I've never managed to hit the stupid thing, but I assume it's similar to losing consciousness for any other reason. Vision gets dark around the edges, you might feel lightheaded or sick, and then
Goodnight Moon.

There's a lot more discussion about this in the Night Night Method thread, if you haven't read it yet.

Reactions: ScoreCard and HereTomorrow

26mmmm

Experienced
Feb 12, 2024
It's possible that you didn't get faint because you didn't press long enough. I'm told that intense pressure isn't necessary, so it shouldn't be that. It's also possible you were mostly pressing on your vagus nerve instead of your carotid. The branches of the vagus nerve run through the same general area on the sides of your neck as the jugular and carotid. Massaging the vagus nerve stimulates your parasympathetic nervous system, which pretty much triggers the reaction you describe: tingly and euphoric. It won't kill you, but it might make you want to die less. That's definitely worth something.

The carotid seems to be really hard for most people to hit on themselves … supposedly the place you want to hit is this Y-shaped fork where the internal carotid artery meets the external carotid artery and becomes the common carotid artery. The PPeH describes putting your fingers right at the angle of your jaw, and then moving a little bit down into the soft tissue of your neck. Your jugular is right in there too, and depending on how you're put together, it might be hard to isolate just one structure.

If you've mostly got the jugular, it will make your head feel like it's going to explode. The vagus nerve kind of gets its little feelers wrapped around everything in there, which is fine because pressing it or massaging it can feel great. Pressing on that V shape in the carotid is supposed to make your vision start graying out pretty fast. I've never managed to hit the stupid thing, but I assume it's similar to losing consciousness for any other reason. Vision gets dark around the edges, you might feel lightheaded or sick, and then
Goodnight Moon.

There's a lot more discussion about this in the Night Night Method thread, if you haven't read it yet.
Read my comment. I don't think its as hard as people describe it, for me atleast it isn't.