• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
What are some tricks to ctb if you're survival instinct is too "strong"? I just can't anymore.

-Which thoughts are helpful to gain more courage to actually do it? Death is so final, I'm so scared of it.
-other than thoughts: which substances (alcohol etc) can help?

• Hugs
Reactions: O_oreo., Journeytoletgo and _Minsk
Under The Graveyard

Under The Graveyard

There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
Jun 24, 2021
There's really no way to prepare for it. For some people, their plans fall into place perfectly, for others, their plans fail. I honestly think those who just go and do it, are apt to be more successful.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts69, demuic and Somber
Predestinated

Predestinated

Student
Jan 9, 2019
Alcohol is not advised afaik
may i ask why?
There's really no way to prepare for it. For some people, their plans fall into place perfectly, for others, their plans fail. I honestly think those who just go and do it, are apt to be more successful.
the only thought that helps is that I'm already living in hell. Death can't be worse than my current situation.

Faraknur

Faraknur

Dec 15, 2021
Alcohol is bad depending on the method. If you are going with SN or any other oral method it could cause you to vomit. Other methods could become a problem if your motorskills are sluggish etc. It is still up to you how you want to do it. But alcohol is generally not advised

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Predestinated and Le_Dauphin
Istanbulite

Istanbulite

Jan 14, 2022
may i ask why?

the only thought that helps is that I'm already living in hell. Death can't be worse than my current situation.
I am no expert but it does loosen the muscles which is bad

Reactions: Predestinated
Under The Graveyard

Under The Graveyard

There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
Jun 24, 2021
I can't disagree that we are all living in hell, but in my mind, death is much more peaceful than what we got here.

I agree with Moomin17 on alcohol. If you're drunk, more than likely you will fail. You will probably fuck something up and either fail or become completely paralyzed, and nothing will be worse than that.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Journeytoletgo, justsayin and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Suicide can be very difficult as we are programmed to survive, the survival instinct is determined to keep us suffering. In my case, I believe I will only be able to ctb when the pain of living gets to be unbearable and I reach a point of desperation. If it was easier to exit I would already be gone. Whatever happens, I wish you the best. I know it can be a dreadful feeling when you want to ctb but yet you feel like you are unable to.

• Love
Reactions: natali4, deletemyaccount1, Predestinated and 1 other person
Samsal112

Samsal112

Student
Dec 20, 2021
Can someone explain the SI? I have never actually attempted suicide. Is it the desire to stay alive, or is it that you don't want to pass in pain? Or is it once you're close, you're afraid of the afterlife?

cyanlove

cyanlove

looking for my other half (of my skull)
Dec 23, 2021
We can't really advise you in this. If you want to go through with it then you'll have to grit and bear the few minutes of pain and fear.

I don't recommend additional substances because alcohol may make you throw up. But also substances like fentanyl patches will make you love life and not go through with it.

Go into every decision with a clear mind and determination. Or continue to live.

Reactions: _Seeking and demuic
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Thank you for providing a link; I appreciate that. But, I am asking for people's experiences. I want to understand in order to prevent any failings.
Its not my personal experience but I read (in fact I think it was on here, but I'm not sure) someone had attempted suicide by partial hanging, and it was working, he was good, and then without meaning to or any sort of input, like he was watching in third person, he saw his arms float up and untie the noose around his neck.

Point being theres more than just the mental clarity aspect of going through with it. SI is an instinctive, mechanical reaction. People get all the praise in the world fighting against millenia old evolutionary traits, but not when it comes to SI and suicide.

• Wow
  • Informative
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, milly, Foresight and 2 others
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I honestly assess what is keeping me back from it. I know we have a survival instinct but often times there is something else and I think it's important to be honest about that. I've personally come to the conclusion that there are things I need to pursue. If there is nothing, then I assume I have issue with the method. No matter how much you're certain you still want a comfortable end. That's been my experience.

Reactions: demuic
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think you're ready.

SI is automatic and built in. It's the reason why people rip the plastic bags off their heads. Why people flinch and make hesitation marks when they're cutting. Why they vomit the poison. That's not their brain, that's reflex. That's SI.

Fear is something else. It's an emotion. It's something you have to overcome consciously or be so disconnected from yourself that you are not feeling your emotions.

When I was at my worst, there was no fear. In fact, there was no guilt, no anything. I was almost in a trance, completely clinical about the whole thing. Now I'm glad that things worked out the way they did, but at the time I wasn't even disappointed. when I was stopped. I was just as clinical and just as ready.

Your fear might just be a stalling technique of your brain, but I tend to think it might mean something more. What exactly are you afraid of? I think the answer to that question will really help you decide if it's more preparation you need, a method you trust more, or that you're just not ready to go.

Of course, I could be full of shit. This is based on my own experience, so YMMV.

• Wow
Reactions: Predestinated, pwned4453, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 3 others
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think you're ready.

SI is automatic and built in. It's the reason why people rip the plastic bags off their heads. Why people flinch and make hesitation marks when they're cutting. Why they vomit the poison. That's not their brain, that's reflex. That's SI.

Fear is something else. It's an emotion. It's something you have to overcome consciously or be so disconnected from yourself that you are not feeling your emotions.

When I was at my worst, there was no fear. In fact, there was no guilt, no anything. I was almost in a trance, completely clinical about the whole thing. Now I'm glad that things worked out the way they did, but at the time I wasn't even disappointed. when I was stopped. I was just as clinical and just as ready.

Your fear might just be a stalling technique of your brain, but I tend to think it might mean something more. What exactly are you afraid of? I think the answer to that question will really help you decide if it's more preparation you need, a method you trust more, or that you're just not ready to go.

Of course, I could be full of shit. This is based on my own experience, so YMMV.
Not necessarily, fear can just be part of SI. For me, the fear is about failing. I don't think one can say 'Well if you're afraid of failing that means you're not ready' because the fear of failure can be there right till the last moment. A fear doesn't necessarily mean the person is not ready in the sense that they don't want to do it.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
_Seeking

_Seeking

I'm only here for this moment
Dec 16, 2021
I don't think that there are any tricks to it, for me I find that meditating on it and letting through all the emotions that go along with dying help me to better accept it. I went through a lot of crying and sadness for a life that could have been, had there been better circumstances for me. But ultimately, I am very close to accepting that there is no hope for my conditions and I cannot go on with the pain. I feel it is a process, it isn't something that should be done impulsively or under the influence of substances. CTB is very hard, and it's okay if it doesn't come quickly.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, Journeytoletgo and Foresight
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
No easy answers for that but pills like propranolol and Valium would help. That's if you can get access to them or something similar.

sphinxtured

sphinxtured

Sep 1, 2021
What are some tricks to ctb if you're survival instinct is too "strong"? I just can't anymore.

-Which thoughts are helpful to gain more courage to actually do it? Death is so final, I'm so scared of it.
-other than thoughts: which substances (alcohol etc) can help?
If you're interested I want to start a post about or called preparation, encapsulating the many facets we all can come together and agree or disagree on. A place to list the good, bad and ugly ideas and processes we need to attend to before carrying through our juncture. It covers more ideas than what I am writing here, and will continue to increase as time goes on, once others understand it's purpose…