A

axorz

Aug 5, 2018
i am the only one here that not have "real problems" (like chronic pain), my only problem is that i had a "easy life", i mess a lot of oportunities with my education and now i realize i just cant face life its just to hard for me, that is my reason because i want to ctb i guess that for the most of the people isnt a valid reason to ctb

Reactions: LivedTooLong, Lone, dhk96 and 7 others
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
i am the only one here that not have "real problems" (like chronic pain), my only problem is that i had a "easy life", i mess a lot of oportunities with my education and now i realize i just cant face life its just to hard for me, that is my reason because i want to ctb i guess that for the most of the people isnt a valid reason to ctb

I for example also have chronic pain and all that, but honestly, any reason that makes you want to ctb is a valid enough reason.
The only question is if there is maybe some chance for you to get better and to make something out of your situation. Education is not everthing-so you messed up. Big deal! It can happen to anyone. You seem smart and can study something else or work in a job that doesn't need a complicated degree.

Reactions: Comatose11, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, lv-gras and 1 other person
T

Tiburcio

I for example also have chronic pain and all that, but honestly, any reason that makes you want to ctb is a valid enough reason.
This.

"Real problems" itselves depends of each person's mindset. The truth is every problem that makes you unhappy is more than enough. And no, your reason is not stupid, it's as valid as any other reason. I haven't chronic pain neither and I'm still studying for the future but instead of it, I don't want to live. Why? Because I DON'T LIKE life. And it's my choice, it's not stupid. If I'm going to waste great part of my time doing something I hate like working, face the hardships of life, etc, why should accept this or try to continue it if somebody clearly doesn't want?

Reactions: haipyo, SnowyDreams, Comatose11 and 7 others
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
This.

"Real problems" itselves depends of each person's mindset. The truth is every problem that makes you unhappy is more than enough. And no, your reason is not stupid, it's as valid as any other reason. I haven't chronic pain neither and I'm still studying for the future but instead of it, I don't want to live. Why? Because I DON'T LIKE life. And it's my choice, it's not stupid. If I'm going to waste great part of my time doing something I hate like working, face the hardships of life, etc, why should accept this or try to continue it if somebody clearly doesn't want?

of course in the end it is their choice only and I never wrote that wanting to ctb without chronic pain is stupid. Which it is not. Emotional pain is also very devastating.

Reactions: Comatose11, Ssname and Tiburcio
T

Tiburcio

Emotional pain is also very devastating.
It is. It contributes to my reason a lot. I was abused physically and emotionally, I have some traumas due to it: it's not something fixable.

Reactions: Bandzbandz, Comatose11 and lv-gras
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
You are not the only one.

Reactions: GodKnows, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and Tiburcio
DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
You don't have to be in physical pain for your thoughts on ctb to be valid!

Reactions: dhk96, SnowyDreams, Comatose11 and 9 others
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
have chronic physical pain and it isn't on the top of the list of reasons for ctb for me. people in general in this culture tend to overestimate how much of a bad issue basic physical disability or chronic illness is and underestimate everything else.

edit: (ofc some of the everything else they underestimate is people's reaction to disability so a lot of the time physically disabled people still end up getting minimized)

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowyDreams, Comatose11 and Tiburcio
A

atwasoa

Aug 5, 2018
i am the only one here that not have "real problems" (like chronic pain)
I believe majority of this forum is not gonna ctb because of chronic pain. You are not "only one" for sure

Reactions: Comatose11, ScaredOfLife, Tiburcio and 1 other person
frank630

frank630

Jul 29, 2018
For me, I think it is my mind and experiences. My mind goes in different directions. My siblings are ok with our situation but I'm not. When we talked, we have different belief and approach of our situation. What they're thinking is similar and I'm the only one who's thinking like this. Maybe because I've seen more of the cruelty of this world. So I guess you can't really judge a person wanting to ctb just because they don't have "real problems".

Reactions: Comatose11, lv-gras and Tiburcio
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
Mental disorders are fucking hard man. I've heard some people who've had both depression and cancer say the depression is worse. Any reason is valid.

Reactions: Tiburcio, dhk96, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 5 others
K

killmepls

Aug 19, 2018
I kinda wish I had a painful terminal illness so I would have more incentive to ctb

Reactions: Tiburcio, dhk96, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 2 others
SnowyDreams

SnowyDreams

Aug 25, 2018
It's exactly my case too. II've been given the chance to study at university but I didn't choose wisely and screwed up. I tried to finish my degree anyway but everytime I tried to study even if it was interesting I could only think of killing myself. I can't face anyone anymore. I ruined my life.

Reactions: Tiburcio, k475u and lv-gras
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I can relate to that, I have fucked up my life in many aspects and while I don't have any actual physical ailments (as of now - can't speak for the future) in my life, I do have Aspergers and social anxiety which really fucks up my relationships with people, and just life in general. I also fucked up my educational opportunities, as I didn't really retain the things I learned at university, let alone apply and relate it to real world applications/the (dreadful) job market. I don't have a job or any income currently. Furthermore, my life is horrible in other aspects as well, such as poor social life, unable to form and maintain relationships with people (social anxiety and Aspergers), and just the general injustice and bullshit life has to offer.

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
Death_From_Above

Death_From_Above

Student
Aug 25, 2018

It remains subjective. You have to live your reality, and if you are unable to, it is unbearable. Different people are able to cope with different situations, and what is hell for you may well be tolerable for someone else.

I can have sympathy with other's situations, but their circumstance doesn't necessarily impact my own existence. Nor do I try to impose my own tolerance on others apart from perhaps offering some experience for consideration.

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
if youre brain and overall brainchemisty is fucked and it cant be fixed than this is also a chronic disease

the brain is an organ too after all

Reactions: Tiburcio
L

Lone

Aug 16, 2018
I do have somewhat of an excuse to feel this way ( clinical depression and general anxiety disorder) but I only found out about those in the last 2-3 years and so the memories of feeling like I'm a worthless piece of shit with no right to be feeling the way I was/am feeling are pretty fresh in my mind and I can definitely relate.

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio