Anna.

Anna.

Wishing I never existed
Aug 24, 2022
I thought I had friends. though I moved to Norway when I was 17, we stayed in good contact, except recently, the past year and a half, when everyone stopped replying because they have new friends, new priorities. I'm not mad they do, I'm happy for them. But it was one of my friends birthday today and I wished them happy birthday and they reacted the way they do with people they don't really know. I said I loved them and I missed them and they just said "thanks!!!"
I know I'm not the most important thing in their life anymore, but we never talk and I wouldn't consider myself having any friends, they're just people I know now. This doesn't even make sense. I get that people go to university and move on from their school friends. I guess it just hits me harder since I already feel lonely. I have no friends over here. Im 21 soon and I have no friends, I live in a foreign country and I just feel lonely. It makes me want to die even more. Im sorry, I just needed to vent.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, loopdaloop, bluebus and 1 other person
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
Aww. I'm sorry you're going through this. People do change and move on, and it is really painful when you realize that don't hold the same place in their lives anymore. It seems like you've been trying your best to stay in touch, and that's good. Unfortunately it seems like they aren't doing the same. It hurts and I'm really sorry about that. Making new friends, especially in a foreign place, can be difficult. Loneliness is really a "silent killer", as they say. I wish you strength to keep going, even when things seem unbearable. I hope that your situation can improve and that one day this is just a bad memory. But I know life doesn't always work like that. If you ever need to talk, feel free to pm me. You aren't alone here. Best wishes, bb

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Its normal to feel as if you're alone after moving to a foreign country but if your friends in your home country have disregarded your existence and stopped valuing the friendship you have with them then they're not loyal friends, many people still manage to maintain a healthy relationship despite having moved to a country and their friends don't live in said country. I understand that you aren't meeting up with them in person anymore but they should still treat you as they did in the past, in my opinion, thats just flat out rude but they're not trying to show it. Furthermore, I understand to an extent their reasoning for doing such a thing to you but thats no excuse to treat you like that. I'm sorry all this happened to you and I hope you'll manage to find new friends soon, sending you hope and strength!