sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019
I was trying with a satin scarf around my doorknob. I have the knot positioned on the left of my neck in the middle. I slump over and I feel intense pressure like my head is exploding and a loud ringing, but my vision never goes dark, no matter how long I am slumped over. I got a bunch of red dots of my face and a slight red mark on my neck, but that's all. I also tried doing it by kneeling on a chair and trying it to the top of my bedframe (bunk bed). This method was difficult to properly adjust myself and I had the same outcome-failure. Any advice? I thought you were supposed to black out within seconds. It seems like all the symptoms of passing out are there, except the vision loss and actual passing out.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w, Lifeisatrap and 5 others
felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
I was trying with a satin scarf around my doorknob. I have the knot positioned on the left of my neck in the middle. I slump over and I feel intense pressure like my head is exploding and a loud ringing, but my vision never goes dark, no matter how long I am slumped over. I got a bunch of red dots of my face and a slight red mark on my neck, but that's all. I also tried doing it by kneeling on a chair and trying it to the top of my bedframe (bunk bed). This method was difficult to properly adjust myself and I had the same outcome-failure. Any advice? I thought you were supposed to black out within seconds. It seems like all the symptoms of passing out are there, except the vision loss and actual passing out.
Get a rope and tie a slipknot. Pad the inside with foam and you won't get red marks. When I tightened the knot by hand my hearing got muffled and I heard a dull thumping sound

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Suicide47, Deafsn0w and 4 others
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Have you read anything in this PDF?
https://web.archive.org/web/20180113134153if/https://a.uguu.se/N1e53EmCSkUr_Howtohangyourself.pdf
Hanging is not easy by any stretch- no pun intended. Is that your only option is that scarf? How long is it?

Reactions: ririka, Meretlein, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019
Get a rope and tie a slipknot. Pad the inside with foam and you won't get red marks. When I tightened the knot by hand my hearing got muffled and I heard a dull thumping sound
How do I pad with foam? I also heard a thumping :/

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and Lifeisatrap
sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019
Have you read anything in this PDF?
https://web.archive.org/web/20180113134153if/https://a.uguu.se/N1e53EmCSkUr_Howtohangyourself.pdf
Hanging is not easy by any stretch- no pun intended. Is that your only option is that scarf? How long is it?
I have begun to read it just earlier. I've done so so so much research (hours and hours). I heard it was so easy on many sites--not in my case. It's not very long, although it is long enough to use on the doorknob. I don't have rope. I have cords (like extension) and scarfs.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
I have begun to read it just earlier. I've done so so so much research (hours and hours). I heard it was so easy on many sites--not in my case. It's not very long, although it is long enough to use on the doorknob. I don't have rope. I have cords (like extension) and scarfs.
Can you put it thru the top of the door instead? Do half kneel half squat?
Or put the scarf on the side of the door and shut the door?

#6A moment ago

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deafsn0w
felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
How do I pad with foam? I also heard a thumping :/
Get yourself a 1/2 in non stretch rope like this: https://www.amazon.com/Koch-5011635-Twisted-Polypropylene-Brown/dp/B002T44UGA?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1
Cut a stretch of foam out a mattress padding to be long enough to go round your neck but not so long it goes under the knot. Just for the front half of neck. Make sure it's fairly broad too so rope doesn't slip off. Doesn't need to be very thick just 1/2 inch or so to prevent rope cutting into skin and leaving marks should u fail.

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Can you order off the internet, is that a possibility?

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Get yourself a 1/2 in non stretch rope like this: https://www.amazon.com/Koch-5011635-Twisted-Polypropylene-Brown/dp/B002T44UGA?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1
Cut a stretch of foam out a mattress padding to be long enough to go round your neck but not so long it goes under the knot. Just for the front half of neck. Make sure it's fairly broad too so rope doesn't slip off. Doesn't need to be very thick just 1/2 inch or so to prevent rope cutting into skin and leaving marks should u fail.
Use a sock good grief cutting matress what why,?
Place sock around neck take scarf and do it how you usually would

felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
Use a sock good grief cutting matress what why,?
Place sock around neck take scarf and do it how you usually would
Not mattress but like a padding that goes on top. It worked for me. Socks don't work with my ocd. :/

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Dont you think a sock would be simpler?
How much have you had to drink haha

sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019
Can you put it thru the top of the door instead? Do half kneel half squat?
Or put the scarf on the side of the door and shut the door?

#6A moment ago
Not long enough to go over the door, but I could do the side! Thank you.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and Sickman75
sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019
Not mattress but like a padding that goes on top. It worked for me. Socks don't work with my ocd. :/
I also have OCD :(

sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019
Can you order off the internet, is that a possibility?
I could but my parents would see it, as I'm living with them right now (left college due to mental illness-ironically). I could probably get some at Walmart. It wouldn't be suspicious to just buy rope, would it?

sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019
Thank you for the ideas. How do I cut that type of rope? It looks pretty strong. Sorry I have so many questions; one of the reasons I opted for a scarf was I didn't have to obtain it and cut it

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
I could but my parents would see it, as I'm living with them right now (left college due to mental illness-ironically). I could probably get some at Walmart. It wouldn't be suspicious to just buy rope, would it?
I was thinking of something else. But how about an excercise band for 20 dollars? That's what Chris Cornell used to hang himself.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, goxua, sadlystillgoing3 and 1 other person
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
He used an excercise band and 2 caribeners attached to the ends. One to make space for his head and the other to catch at the top of the door so it had something to hold his weight. I'm not sure if he was squatting or standing. In either case, maybe you could try and see which one you liked if you were interested in that still. It's towards the bottom of the page, you will see his set up.
https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/07/12/chris-cornell-suicide-photos-autopsy/
Chester Bennington from lincon park his best friend dies the same way. So it must work if they both went out like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, goxua and Deafsn0w
felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
Not mattress but like a padding that goes on top
Dont you think a sock would be simpler?
How much have you had to drink haha
Thank you for the ideas. How do I cut that type of rope? It looks pretty strong. Sorry I have so many questions; one of the reasons I opted for a scarf was I didn't have to obtain it and cut it
Use a sharp knife or razor blade. Then cauterize the end with a lighter so it doesn't fray.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sadlystillgoing3 and Deafsn0w
felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
No but don't let anyone know about it.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sadlystillgoing3 and Deafsn0w
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Use a sharp knife or razor blade. Then cauterize the end with a lighter so it doesn't fray.
Why make this complicated?
Serious why,?

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
So it works the first time, and we don't end up hurting ourselves.
And you don't think a sock would bypass all of this complicated stuff?

felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
And you don't think a sock would bypass all of this complicated stuff?
Yeah Ig. Just my personal preference to use foam. It can be found anywhere

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
sadlystillgoing3

sadlystillgoing3

Feb 3, 2019
He used an excercise band and 2 caribeners attached to the ends. One to make space for his head and the other to catch at the top of the door so it had something to hold his weight. I'm not sure if he was squatting or standing. In either case, maybe you could try and see which one you liked if you were interested in that still. It's towards the bottom of the page, you will see his set up.
https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/07/12/chris-cornell-suicide-photos-autopsy/
Chester Bennington from lincon park his best friend dies the same way. So it must work if they both went out like this.
Great idea!!!:smiling:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sickman75 and Deafsn0w
NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
Bedsheet twisted into rope is underrated in my opinion.. I'm fairly certain I could've ended it if I stayed in the position, damn survival instinct. If you aren't passing out fairly quickly it's just not tight enough. Put your thumb on one side of your adams apple (or where it would be if you don't have one) and the other fingers on the other side, you will feel a pulse.. restricting these veins/arteries even with your fingers would make you pass out.. this is what your ligature needs to target, if this is done, your support doesn't snap and no one finds you, there should be nothing else to it. I'm no expert but its as simple as that from what I know, and obviously I'd rather you not do this but you seem fairly certain, and not being able to do this can be frustratingly agonizing and make everything worse, I understand. Good luck

Reactions: goxua, Sickman75 and Deafsn0w
felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
Bedsheet twisted into rope is underrated in my opinion.. I'm fairly certain I could've ended it if I stayed in the position, damn survival instinct. If you aren't passing out fairly quickly it's just not tight enough. Put your thumb on one side of your adams apple (or where it would be if you don't have one) and the other fingers on the other side, you will feel a pulse.. restricting these veins/arteries even with your fingers would make you pass out.. this is what your ligature needs to target, if this is done, your support doesn't snap and no one finds you, there should be nothing else to it. I'm no expert but its as simple as that from what I know, and obviously I'd rather you not do this but you seem fairly certain, and not being able to do this can be frustratingly agonizing and make everything worse, I understand. Good luck
I can't make myself pass out when I presss my fingers down

NoChoice

NoChoice

Fallen Zen Master
Jan 28, 2019
I can't make myself pass out when I presss my fingers down
Your sure its the carotids? Maybe you aren't pressing hard enough.. I wouldn't recommend it but it's just so you could know where they are. Not sure how long it takes but I've read that in medical journals.

Reactions: Sickman75 and Deafsn0w
Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
Are you sitting down HARD and FAST into the noose? That's what made the big difference for me. If you're just slumping your weight in slowly and still keeping a lot of weight on your feet, I'm not surprised you're not passing out.

A rope would work better, but would definitely be suspicious. Parent questioned me about mine and they don't know about my suicidal ideation.

felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
Your sure its the carotids? Maybe you aren't pressing hard enough.. I wouldn't recommend it but it's just so you could know where they are. Not sure how long it takes but I've read that in medical journals.
How on earth do u not target the carotids tho? The rope goes around the whole neck