A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Riddle me this:
I have a laptop.
On said laptop, there's an address: C:\Users\Compodulator\Documents\work\newbs
On the desktop, there's a shortcut for the address C:\Users\Compodulator\Documents\work\newbs
I've just double-checked.
So far so good, yes?
In the folder "newbs" there are some files - two image files and a .odt file. When I use the shortcut to get to the folder, the .odt file is not present. When I go there "manually", as in, double click my way to the address, the file is indeed there.
The two image files are there regardless of whether I use the shortcut or manually work my way in.
With all this in mind, please allow me to ask the following question:
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON???

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Odd. I asume you are 100 percent certain both file pathways are identical. The only way I could think that an odt file would be invisible but images visible was if you were trying to open the file via image editing software so it wouldn't recognise the odt file. But I don't think this is what you are doing. Pffft windows.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Odd. I asume you are 100 percent certain both file pathways are identical. The only way I could think that an odt file would be invisible but images visible was if you were trying to open the file via image editing software so it wouldn't recognise the odt file. But I don't think this is what you are doing. Pffft windows.
Oh yeah, I went as far as manually going to the folder and copypasting the address from the address bar thingy.
I'm losing my fucking mind.
What the fuck!
Still, though, I CAN work on this file, and the file is present in some manner. Just learned libreoffice can do "extract to pdf". I've been looking for a pdf maker for EONS!