firepunch

firepunch

Aug 24, 2023
Last year, I was at rock bottom, and I discovered this site that helped me find ways to plan my CTB. However, I went to the hospital because I had a hope for the future. I got medications and I went to College. I'm happy I did the right thing.

A year later, I met an extraordinary person, and we mutually fell in love. We spent an incredible month together while I was on vacation abroad, but I had to return to my country. We now live 14 hours apart by plane. She gave me the strength to change, and I no longer wish to CTB now.

However, the trip costs a fortune, and I still have this nitrogen bottle, along with a full diving face mask, a regulator, and an adapter.

How do I get rid of them ?

Attachments

• PXL_20240916_172041990.jpg
    PXL_20240916_172041990.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240916_172113014.jpg
    PXL_20240916_172113014.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240916_172432013.jpg
    PXL_20240916_172432013.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240916_172438377.jpg
    PXL_20240916_172438377.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: exitingtothevoid
U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
Nitrogen bottles could be tricky. Usually where I'm from, you can't actually buy pressurised gas containers like that, only rent them, and they remain the property of whoever you got them from (there are variations from "you own the gas but we own the cannister" to "we'll give you this for a month and charge you for whatever's missing"). Is that the case here?

You might also be able to return it to any retailer who deals with pressurised gas for disposal.

It might be easier if we knew where you live, at least the country.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Will the supplier not take it back? I'd imagine you'd have to pay for collection but, if you say the project you bought it for fell through- could be a legitimate welding project.

firepunch

firepunch

Aug 24, 2023
Nitrogen bottles could be tricky. Usually where I'm from, you can't actually buy pressurised gas containers like that, only rent them, and they remain the property of whoever you got them from (there are variations from "you own the gas but we own the cannister" to "we'll give you this for a month and charge you for whatever's missing"). Is that the case here?

You might also be able to return it to any retailer who deals with pressurised gas for disposal.

It might be easier if we knew where you live, at least the country.
Well I bought it on Amazon France and there was the possibility to send it back until the product completely disappeared from the website.

U

Unspoken7612

Student
Jul 14, 2024
I would take it (being very careful how you transport it) to a shop that sells pressurised gas (not necessarily nitrogen, could be greenhouse gas or whatever) and ask them if they can help you dispose of it.

You might also be able to get help from your local government, whoever is responsible for waste disposal.

Reactions: firepunch
S

scubadam

just a guy trying to find peace
Aug 4, 2024
try contacting nearest pressurized gas store or a waste disposal - they should help you with getting rid of the gas. call them first, they may collect it from your home or another place safely

and for the scuba mask, why not sell it on some marketplace for divers? i have no idea how much money could you get from it, but you can try that first before throwing it out. or maybe it's a sign to try scuba diving? maybe you like it and it becomes your next hobby:)

and for the metal connector, again: marketplace or trash

i'm happy you found love and peace! take care of yourself

Reactions: Life'sA6itch and firepunch
Olek Messier 87

Olek Messier 87

Student
Sep 1, 2024
No idea of what you can do with the bottle, but I'm very happy for you, whoever you are. Good luck for the future and try to stay away from that damn N !

Reactions: sevennn and firepunch