• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

pumpkins334234

pumpkins334234

Jun 30, 2024
I moved out of my parent's house and in with my boyfriend. We usually woke up and went to work at around the same times, but I have summers off. I'm not used to living alone at all. I used to live in a commune with 15+ people. I'm used to always having someone to talk to. I'm not used to everything being so quiet, having nobody around. It's so bad that I can't fall asleep most of the time because I'm dreading waking up to an empty room.

I feel insane haha. I try to call some of my friends, but most of them are busy or we have nothing to talk about. I've taken to putting Matpat theory videos in the background just so I have a voice to hear and it's not silent.

Also, this website has been so welcoming and kind. I genuinely can't believe people are so kind and nice as to read through all of my whiny posts and even leave comments giving me advice or comforting me. I think it is the nicest anyone has ever been to me. Thank you:)

• Hugs
Reactions: Daydream Believer, kunikuzushi, QueerMelancholy and 5 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Do you find that living with your boyfriend has not helped that loneliness because your schedules are too different? Have you tried talking to him about it?

Reactions: Hotsackage and Praestat_Mori
Trismegistus_13

Trismegistus_13

Refuses to give up hope
Jun 17, 2024
That's a pretty big change in your life, to go from that many people to talk with to just one. Do you live in a safe neighborhood? Going for an early morning walk each day may give you an opportunity to meet others who are walking their dogs or just getting out. You could even ask if there are any daytime activities rhey take part in that you could join.

Reactions: agony1996 and Praestat_Mori
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Proteus, lacrimosa and Praestat_Mori
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I hate waking up period. I wish I could go to sleep and never wake up.

Reactions: agony1996 and WiltingBogStar
M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
It's the opposite for me. I wish I could live alone and not have to share (because of economical reasons) my flat with other people.
But I can understand how you are feeling.

A

agony1996

Jul 8, 2024
I moved out of my parent's house and in with my boyfriend. We usually woke up and went to work at around the same times, but I have summers off. I'm not used to living alone at all. I used to live in a commune with 15+ people. I'm used to always having someone to talk to. I'm not used to everything being so quiet, having nobody around. It's so bad that I can't fall asleep most of the time because I'm dreading waking up to an empty room.

I feel insane haha. I try to call some of my friends, but most of them are busy or we have nothing to talk about. I've taken to putting Matpat theory videos in the background just so I have a voice to hear and it's not silent.

Also, this website has been so welcoming and kind. I genuinely can't believe people are so kind and nice as to read through all of my whiny posts and even leave comments giving me advice or comforting me. I think it is the nicest anyone has ever been to me. Thank you:)
I feel you, silence can be dreadful.
You're alone with your thoughts, and those thoughts can be scary at times.
You're not alone

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
There are plenty of people who live alone who hate it (as evidenced above). If you feel able, is there a befriending service near you that you could volunteer for, spending part of the day who for whatever reason can't leave their houses and are horribly lonely and isolated as a result? Just a thought. Or if that's too much, animals rescue places are always looking for reliable volunteers to spend time with their charges. There are things to do out there so that time spent home alone can become a source of relaxation and relief.

pumpkins334234

pumpkins334234

Jun 30, 2024
Do you find that living with your boyfriend has not helped that loneliness because your schedules are too different? Have you tried talking to him about it?
Yeah... he works from 10-6, but he is at the gym from 6-10. He leaves in the morning at 9 AM. So he is pretty much gone the entire day. I asked him if he could train less, and he's doing it for this week only because I'm leaving soon. So nice of him haha. Next week and for the entirety of the relationship he's gone for almost 13 hours a day though. Thanks for your reply:)
That's a pretty big change in your life, to go from that many people to talk with to just one. Do you live in a safe neighborhood? Going for an early morning walk each day may give you an opportunity to meet others who are walking their dogs or just getting out. You could even ask if there are any daytime activities rhey take part in that you could join.
thanks for replying :)
I don't, but there is a park nearby that I try to go to every morning ( I read that 15 minutes of direct sunlight is good for you in the morning). But we've been having really bad thunderstorms almost all day lately, which means I can't go outside at all. I feel like I'm going stir crazy. But I think when it stops I will try doing that:)

lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
Do you have any pets? What are your options considering that? Hopefully, you're not allergic but a cat is pretty awesome because they will wake you up or wake up with you and you won't be alone...