WonderlandsFallen

WonderlandsFallen

Jan 4, 2022
My last thread apparently slipped into suicide "methods" which wasnt at all my intent. I wanted to display my frustration and explain that cutting was my only option.

It's extremely irritating that I have to censor my suicidal thoughts in such a place as sanctioned suicide.

Really disgusting what normies have made us turn this place into.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LetmeCTB566, Fragile, Superdeterminist and 23 others
Depressed Cat

Depressed Cat

Mage
Jan 4, 2022
You're not alone. Everyone feels the same.

It's really frustrating that the filthy NYT, Fixthe26 lynch mob and others of their ilk have prevented us from freely expressing ourselves in one of the very few safe havens available for those with suicidal thoughts.

Reactions: houseofleaves, ImsooDone1N, LetmeCTB566 and 8 others
Chronicillness

Chronicillness

Experienced
Jun 19, 2018
The change in forum policies has made me feel more isolated than ever before. I lurk here more than I post, but this forum is/was my last effective coping mechanism, and now its been compromised and its effectiveness in keeping me alive is waning.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, LetmeCTB566, Heartaches and 11 others
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
My last thread apparently slipped into suicide "methods" which wasnt at all my intent. I wanted to display my frustration and explain that cutting was my only option.

It's extremely irritating that I have to censor my suicidal thoughts in such a place as sanctioned suicide.

You can discuss all of this in the "Suicide Questions" area, which has been created for members only- it's the same as it was there- this link is just above the "Suicide Discussion" link.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, little helpers and Snake of Eden
Noctis

Noctis

I wish I'd done it years ago
Dec 15, 2021
You can discuss all of this in the "Suicide Questions" area, which has been created for members only- it's the same as it was there- this link is just above the "Suicide Discussion" link.
Not everyone has access to it. I don't know what post limit you have to reach or how long you have to be a member before you can access it, but I don't have it.

I get the reasons for it, and I'm not in any way blaming the mods, but it really does neuter the catharsis of this place. Instead of constantly being reassured by everyone that a painless death is easily obtainable, it's now just asking open-ended questions and venting. It makes it feel like a way out is even more elusive and the world is more depressing.

• Hugs
Reactions: WatermelonMel, little helpers, _Seeking and 3 others

1Mazda16

Sep 5, 2021

You are new here so you are seen as a newbie--not to be included. There's a core group of about 20-25 people on this site who have been here a very long time--call them veterans(some are even moderators) who will not respond to your posts because you are new. At least that's the vibe I get and that's been my experience so far these past 3 months. But consider the context of where we are: a suicide forum.
I once made a comment on a thread and several veterans--one after the other--posted mean comments and insulting pics towards me. I guess they felt the need to protect "one of their own" or prove their friendship.
It is a very closed group. Sad really, but understandable, considering where we are.
I've had a few of the newbies be very kind to me. And I think a couple of the veterans said some nice things, but they were the exception.
In summary, newbies aren't treated very well on this website.
It's sad, but that's my opinion so far.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist and TheHatedOne
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
You are new here so you are seen as a newbie--not to be included. There's a core group of about 20-25 people on this site who have been here a very long time--call them veterans(some are even moderators) who will not respond to your posts because you are new. At least that's the vibe I get and that's been my experience so far these past 3 months. But consider the context of where we are: a suicide forum.
I once made a comment on a thread and several veterans--one after the other--posted mean comments and insulting pics towards me. I guess they felt the need to protect "one of their own" or prove their friendship.
It is a very closed group. Sad really, but understandable, considering where we are.
I've had a few of the newbies be very kind to me. And I think a couple of the veterans said some nice things, but they were the exception.
IMO some people are wary of new users because there COULD be some who aren't what they pretend they are and can have malicious intentions. They could be pro-lifers disguised as suicidal persons. Sometimes people like this can slip because this site is aggressively targeted by pro lifers. Of course there could also be users who are here since some time who could be disguised.

Now with the article it's even worse. Your frustration is really understandable tho, I'd feel the same if I was in your place. It's a really fucked up situation.

And regarding your experience, I guess you could report it to the mods.

When I was new here it was all okay and experienced kindness. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience so far.

Reactions: houseofleaves and blueclover_.
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021

Just to clarify: Members were standing up to this individual's discriminative, unhelpful comments telling a member it's their own fault they're undocumented and they're taking jobs from "legit American citizens." I have inspected all of this person's posts and everyone has been kind and supportive on every thread they wrote. This is the only time there was backlash, understandably.

For what it's worth, any insulting comments towards them in that thread were also deleted. I do not condone the back and forth argument that ensued, but this member wasn't being so kind themselves. They do not get to hijack someone's thread, paint this site in a negative light and present themselves as a victim.

It is also false that 20-25 members are in some special club that no-one else can access. Having said that, any frustrations of new members are valid and it's okay for them to express that. I simply don't appreciate this person coming here and circulating false information, conveniently omitting the context and derailing the thread.

• Informative
Reactions: houseofleaves, ImsooDone1N, Heartaches and 16 others
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021

It's really frustrating that the filthy NYT, Fixthe26 lynch mob and others of their ilk have prevented us from freely expressing ourselves

The change in forum policies has made me feel more isolated than ever before

This is still the open, supportive place it has always been. There are just some slight alterations to the way it works now, and certain things have been moved and compartmentalized in order to add an extra level of safety. Try to enjoy what's available to you right now, which you cannot find anywhere else, and the rest will soon come to you too. It's good to have you here.

Reactions: houseofleaves and Depressed Cat
dearlybeloved998

dearlybeloved998

Lost and confused
Dec 10, 2021

Out of curiosity, why is cutting your only method? Do you come from a third world country?
If you want my opinion, this place despairately needs a copy on the dark web. Like, an onion website, sanctionedsuicide.onion or something. We all know what happened to the reddit, or lostallhope.com.

We all know what happens to these kinds of forums, pro-lifers have never known what it's like to come to a legitimate dead end, and their lives are usually so normal and privileged that they can't imagine what it would be like to have to take them. We need a backup, besides the Telegram group.

Last edited:
Reactions: houseofleaves
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my opinion, I think the censorship will eventually ruin the forum. People will not post anything else if their posts are just going to get deleted. People should be at least be able to mention a name of the method in their post as after all it is a suicide discussion. I can imagine it must be an isolating feeling for someone who is suffering a lot to get their posts deleted. This is supposed to be a place where we can talk openly about suicide. I feel sorry for the new members who do not have access to the sub forum, as many join specifically for method information and many are likely to be desperate and in a lot of pain. Being able to talk about the reliability of methods/failed attempts is particularly important, so people know what they are doing and they will not fail the method.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, GideonVandaleur, Heartaches and 11 others
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
That's sad, but i believe that is necessary. Practically everyone wants to take down this forum and one of the tactic commonly used is to get informations from the staff. Imagine if a newbie who's actually an NYT journalist gains the mods' trust and gets to look at the crucial informations, this forum will get shut down. Now even the government is involved. I think everyone should respect the boundaries that the staff has given, for the greater good of all.

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I hear you. I feel the same way. The "suicide discussion" forum is more like "suicide prevention/prolife" forum now. There are many non-suicidals and prolifers here that suicidals don't have much voice. It is literally impossible to post anything about suicide without having to deal with prolife posters who think life is beautiful.

Reactions: WatermelonMel and little helpers
lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
I'm not bothered by this. I'd like to talk about it but I already have my method and know when I make that final decision it will work. I'm having a pleasant time interacting with others and taking my mind away from some of the realities that will eventually lead me to the end of that path. SS is bringing me some peace and for that and the users here I'm grateful.

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
This was the last place I expected to see get censored.

Yes there's a member-only questions thread, but what does that accomplish? We already know there have been long-time members who pretended to be suicidal and while they were banned, they can just do it again and still see it all and we may not ever find out. This doesn't protect the site, it just makes things more difficult for people who are legitimate. Like what was stated earlier; this is a "Suicide Discussion" section, it should just be renamed.

• Love
Reactions: Heartaches, GideonVandaleur and Crazy4u
Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
I recall the thread but did not know it was in the other forum. I'm also sorry if you felt invalidated by us telling you we didn't think cutting was a good option, despite you feeling forced to do so for a method. It was from a place worry, not desire to harm.

H

Hyd999

Sep 10, 2021
The change in forum policies has made me feel more isolated than ever before. I lurk here more than I post, but this forum is/was my last effective coping mechanism, and now its been compromised and its effectiveness in keeping me alive is waning.
I feel the same

Reactions: Chronicillness
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
We already know there have been long-time members who pretended to be suicidal and while they were banned, they can just do it again and still see it all and we may not ever find out.
Wait, what? Why would they pretend to be suicidal? For what purpose?