nightlygem

nightlygem

La Joya
Sep 27, 2023
I really hate how I look. No matter how much I exercise, I will always see someone who is overweight and ugly. My partner struggles to tell me that they find me attractive, because in reality, they don't. They are too afraid to admit that to me as it would hurt my feelings too much.

I want to go back to my old ways… cutting myself, starving myself… but I cannot. I simply don't have the willpower to do so anymore. These new meds have silenced these urges, but they will never take away the thoughts and desires.

My only will to live is my dreams and aspirations. It is selfish to want to have a child, but I would like to raise someone who can see the world differently than I do. I will be at peace knowing my child has their own dreams. Alas, I'm in a long distance relationship so a child is not currently possible unless I have an affair (which is not an option for me).

Consider this post a rant, and a cry for someone like me. Someone who has crippling body dysmorphia… someone who wants to shatter every mirror they see. Please tell me I'm not alone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: jenny6391bubbles, Final_Choice, fleshgarden and 1 other person
R

Roseate

Arcanist
Mar 24, 2021
You're not alone. I relate to not liking the way my body looks. It's not quite the same but if you need to talk about it, I'm here. Lots of other people can relate. It's tough not loving the way your body looks. And honestly if he doesn't love your body however it looks, it is his lost. Overweight doesn't mean ugly. There are lots of beautiful people that are overweight or even obese. Being bigger is just that bigger. But it is all about being comfortable and happy as well as healthy in your own skin/body.

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
Me too,Somehow I've become a fat old fucker. And I absolutely hate it.