FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me the view that wanting to die is something to "recover" from just comes across as problematic and harmful, wanting to die isn't an illness, it's a perfectly valid and understandable way to feel as the reality is that existence itself is the true problem.

In my case wanting to die is a logical response to being aware of the fact that existence is nothing more than an unnecessary harm. I prefer the sound of nothingness and see existence itself as being the true problem, existing truly is so pointless and futile, it's just a dreadful process of waiting around to die where we are destined for nothing but to be tortured by old age in a world where there is unlimited potential to suffer.

Any positive views about existence itself just invalidate the harsh reality that existence was a harmful, unnecessary mistake that has caused endless suffering to be experienced, there is no "recovery" from being aware. I could never be delusional enough to actually want to exist in this world filled with suffering but I just see existence as being unappealing and undesirable in general, non-existence comforts me as it's true relief from everything, existence could never be a desirable state.

Suggesting that wanting to die is something to "recover" from just feeds the delusions that pro-lifers continue to push, suicide should be accepted as a logical and valid choice in such a hellish reality, I hate how suicide isn't accepted as being a form of self care to escape from all suffering, as humans we deserve a right to die in peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Walilamdzii, 90starve, Bigsmoke777 and 18 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Suicide only affects individuals with a mental health condition.
Fact: Many individuals with mental illness are not affected by suicidal thoughts and not all people who attempt or die by suicide have mental illness. Relationship problems and other life stressors such as criminal/legal matters, persecution, eviction/loss of home, death of a loved one, a devastating or debilitating illness, trauma, sexual abuse, rejection, and recent or impending crises are also associated with suicidal thoughts and attempts.

i fall into category debilitating injury

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 90starve, dialogos, heavyeyes and 4 others
Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
- People: What? You don't want to be a slave and do chores, suffer from illnesses and wait for some kind of catastrophe to happen to you and/or your relatives? There is something seriously wrong with you. Straight to the psych ward.

• Hugs
Reactions: Walilamdzii, 90starve, axxxu and 5 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Exactly on point. I have always had a problem with how society and most people view suicidal ideation as some sort of disease or illness rather than a rational response to an irrational, unjust existence.

Reactions: 90starve, Darkover and Prime0
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
To me the view that wanting to die is something to "recover" from just comes across as problematic and harmful, wanting to die isn't an illness, it's a perfectly valid and understandable way to feel as the reality is that existence itself is the true problem.

In my case wanting to die is a logical response to being aware of the fact that existence is nothing more than an unnecessary harm. I prefer the sound of nothingness and see existence itself as being the true problem, existing truly is so pointless and futile, it's just a dreadful process of waiting around to die where we are destined for nothing but to be tortured by old age in a world where there is unlimited potential to suffer.

Any positive views about existence itself just invalidate the harsh reality that existence was a harmful, unnecessary mistake that has caused endless suffering to be experienced, there is no "recovery" from being aware. I could never be delusional enough to actually want to exist in this world filled with suffering but I just see existence as being unappealing and undesirable in general, non-existence comforts me as it's true relief from everything, existence could never be a desirable state.

Suggesting that wanting to die is something to "recover" from just feeds the delusions that pro-lifers continue to push, suicide should be accepted as a logical and valid choice in such a hellish reality, I hate how suicide isn't accepted as being a form of self care to escape from all suffering, as humans we deserve a right to die in peace.
here is the crux, the gist of it all. if we are being honest with ourselves, accusing others of being delusional, arent we guilty being delusional ourselves, thinking only our view of life is valid and is the only truth that matters? me? i just want to end it because practically speaking, i cant support myself thru coming old age anymore. there are consequences for me because of this, being poor. this is just me and im aware its different for other people here who are constant agony just being alive. in my case i do enjoy life but not so much that im willing to sacrifice my dignity, my freedom etc. so no i dont hate them or you because they or you think differently about life. for me if aid comes i can postpone ctb but if not, ill ctb

Reactions: Darkover
autistocracy

autistocracy

angel
Dec 1, 2022
it's just a dreadful process of waiting around to die where we are destined for nothing but to be tortured by old age in a world where there is unlimited potential to suffer
The way this fuels so much of my SI. We live in a world where your life can get infinitely worse, while the inverse isn't true.

And generally, people are suicidal precisely because there is no point in "recovery" if your life is going nowhere due to factors that are outside your control.

Reactions: Darkover