cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019
People: don't be codependent! ✨ lOvE yOuRSeLf :heart:Self love is the key to happiness:happy::happy::happy:

Also people: OMG NO! Don't kys! Think of how devastated evryone will b! :( I don't want you to die

Bitch, idgaf. You and the non existent people who 'care' can self love y'all selves into coping with my death. You'll live. Aren't we supposed to live for ourselves and not other people? Well maybe my life is too heavy to live. Maybe there's no other solutions. I love myself so much that I don't want myself to suffer any longer. Death will bring me the peace I cannot attain on this earth.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Barracuda91, Caspers, dropdeadfred and 28 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
That self-love thing is invented to keep people uncomplaining slaves, anyway. Most people are nothing to write home about, for themselves or any living creature.

• Love
Reactions: DivineMedicus, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, deleted and 11 others
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Don't forget that people often see any relationship that crosses a certain threshold of closeness as "codependent". Codependency does, in my view, exist. But as with anything else many are quick to diagnose it where I don't think it's applicable.
I have my half-assed cynical theories about why this happens but they're probably a dime a dozen and not worth sharing xD

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, ithappens, TAW122 and 1 other person
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Aren't we supposed to live for ourselves and not other people?
Yes and no. The people that truly only live for themselves are usually shunned by the general public. People want you to care how they feel and what they think, no matter how many times they tell you not to care what anyone thinks. No matter how much they tell you to love yourself, unless they really and truly love you, they would take your suffering over their own discomfort any time of the day. They love themselves over everyone else, after all.

So ultimately you're the only one who truly wants the best for you, and the choice is up to you.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Homecoming and 8 others
cowbain

cowbain

teach me empathy
Jul 16, 2019
Don't forget that people often see any relationship that crosses a certain threshold of closeness as "codependent". Codependency does, in my view, exist. But as with anything else many are quick to diagnose it where I don't think it's applicable.
I have my half-assed cynical theories about why this happens but they're probably a dime a dozen and not worth sharing xD
Right, like people always want to shame people like me who come from abusive families for wanting a partner or friends to have close connections with because apparently that's 'codependent' and means we lack self love, but those same people who ignorantly judge something they know nothing about, come from normal families. That's fine that they do and it should be the standard for EVERYONE, no child should be alone & have to deal with abuse, but it's like someone who's wealthy going up to a homeless person and being like "lol, just work hard!" If those people didn't have their family or at least some type of family figure they'd be just like me or maybe even worse. I don't think it's codependent for me to want good people in my life, and for me to get upset from the lack of. Codependency would be someone actively abusing & hurting you yet you still want to be with them. It's normal and actually healthy to want good in your life. Especially in the situation of you never having/experiencing it.
Yes and no. The people that truly only live for themselves are usually shunned by the general public. People want you to care how they feel and what they think, no matter how many times they tell you not to care what anyone thinks. No matter how much they tell you to love yourself, unless they really and truly love you, they would take your suffering over their own discomfort any time of the day. They love themselves over everyone else, after all.

So ultimately you're the only one who truly wants the best for you, and the choice is up to you.
Yep. Unfortunately most humans are hypocritical self absorbed narcissists that constantly contradict themselves and live in cognitive dissonance.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Barracuda91, madbananas, pthnrdnojvsc and 7 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I still feel badly that 15 years ago I called a boyfriend codependent because I didn't understand what it meant -- I was the codependent one! He made it perfectly clear he wasn't motivated to change, and I kept trying to get him to.

Codependency is attempting to control someone else for oneself to feel better.

It's a difficult term to grasp, it's not obvious what it means, so it gets misused. Same with virtue signaling.

A better term for codepency would be "other-control." It would stop a lot of shit to call it out as other-control. Abuse and oppression are also other-control.

A better term for virtue signaling would be...hmm. High-horsing?

OP, I like how you handed shit back to people!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: cowbain and Dr Iron Arc
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is a great come back and better than what I could think of against these pesky, hypocritical pro-lifers.

• Love
Reactions: Homecoming, cowbain, woxihuanni and 1 other person
Ybother

Ybother

Life is a lemon and I want my money back.
Jul 23, 2020

If I'm shunned by the public then I REALLY have nothing to lose. Its actually liberating in a way.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Deleted member 4993 and DyingAlf
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Codependency is a nightmare and so
easy to fall into.

F

Frew

Jan 7, 2020
I feel this. All the contradictions spouted by people constantly have made me beyond frustrated. And im too exhausted to even argue anymore.

Reactions: cowbain, Sprite_Geist and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
That self-love thing is invented to keep people uncomplaining slaves, anyway. Most people are nothing to write home about, for themselves or any living creature.
Very true. I'll remember this quote.

• Love
Reactions: Homecoming and woxihuanni
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
codependence cycles and patterns is my life haha.
make it stop.

Reactions: Homecoming and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga