Raskolnikov's Axe

Raskolnikov's Axe

Aug 31, 2022
I have been in a desperate job hunt for a few weeks now and just today an ad went up on a job listing website for my town. The job itself is something out of my comfort zone, but I am overqualified in 90% of aspects they ask for. Along with low working hours, this is honestly a dream come true for me. That's precisely why I worry.

Since I filled out the application, I have literally been dancing around the house. This is the most hopeful I have felt in months, and I shudder to think in what kind of misery I shall fall if this does not work out and they don't pick me. 15 days of waiting for applications to be processed. fifteen. days.

I ain't religious, so I won't ask you to pray for me, rather give some advice to a 20 year old NEET on the road to independence and possibly happiness (i wouldn't bet on it but one has to try).

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop, actual_fox, estadiare and 4 others
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
I can't really give you advice, but I'd discard that hope if I were you. Whenever you're at a high, the comedown is a skyfall. I just.. Recently felt hopeful about something. Today I received the news, and I am disappointed. It hurts. It bloody hurts.

Don't ever think that life is on your side. It usually isn't.

I'm reading this, and it's really harsh wording. But I don't think I want to change it. It'll be great if you get the job though. Fingers crossed.

• Hugs
Reactions: makethepainstop, Raskolnikov's Axe and Lostandlooking
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I hate being hopeful as well. I'm in my thirties and have been dissappointed many times. I can understand Un-'s message. I feel the same. But at the same time I think things could turn around for you with a bit of luck. There are no guarantees. But some people do make it. And I'm taking your age into consideration as well. Twenty years is young, maybe there will be opportunities ahead. Though I'm sure you've experienced suffering and being dissappointed. I don't wish to diminish your suffering. I haven't got any advice to give, but I will be rooting for you. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping you get the job.

Btw: I recently read crime and punishment. Raskolnikov is such an interesting character. Very tragic also.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-
rainbowbright

rainbowbright

Oct 1, 2022
I wish you luck with this 💖

• Love
Reactions: Raskolnikov's Axe
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
I have been in a desperate job hunt for a few weeks now and just today an ad went up on a job listing website for my town. The job itself is something out of my comfort zone, but I am overqualified in 90% of aspects they ask for. Along with low working hours, this is honestly a dream come true for me. That's precisely why I worry.

Since I filled out the application, I have literally been dancing around the house. This is the most hopeful I have felt in months, and I shudder to think in what kind of misery I shall fall if this does not work out and they don't pick me. 15 days of waiting for applications to be processed. fifteen. days.

I ain't religious, so I won't ask you to pray for me, rather give some advice to a 20 year old NEET on the road to independence and possibly happiness (i wouldn't bet on it but one has to try).
(Based username- you must be one classy mofo)
I do not know, I am not good at lasting happiness. So I give you just this- be patient with normies in your new job- they just humans like you.

• Love
Reactions: Raskolnikov's Axe
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021

Try following up the job application with a phone call in about two to three weeks from now, as well, and state your name clearly, ask them how it's going for them in the recruiting process, and that you are still interested in the position. If you are one of the best qualified for the job, this won't be needed, but it doesn't hurt to take one extra step. However, not all recruiters appreciate this kind of extra phone call, so keep that in mind.

Reactions: rainbowbright and Raskolnikov's Axe
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do believe that having hope usually just leads to more suffering which is why it's perfectly understandable as to why you hate having any hope. If you have high expectations then it's just something to cause disappointment once you are forced to confront the painful reality of this existence. Existence is so cruel because of the unlimited potential for things to go wrong and get worse. Maybe if you are looking for life improvement advice then it's best to post in the recovery section. This section of this forum is about suicide.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Raskolnikov's Axe
Raskolnikov's Axe

Raskolnikov's Axe

Aug 31, 2022
I can't really give you advice, but I'd discard that hope if I were you. Whenever you're at a high, the comedown is a skyfall. I just.. Recently felt hopeful about something. Today I received the news, and I am disappointed. It hurts. It bloody hurts.

Don't ever think that life is on your side. It usually isn't.

I'm reading this, and it's really harsh wording. But I don't think I want to change it. It'll be great if you get the job though. Fingers crossed.
Nah, it's the wakeup I need to be honest.

I hate being hopeful as well. I'm in my thirties and have been dissappointed many times. I can understand Un-'s message. I feel the same. But at the same time I think things could turn around for you with a bit of luck. There are no guarantees. But some people do make it. And I'm taking your age into consideration as well. Twenty years is young, maybe there will be opportunities ahead. Though I'm sure you've experienced suffering and being dissappointed. I don't wish to diminish your suffering. I haven't got any advice to give, but I will be rooting for you. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping you get the job.

Btw: I recently read crime and punishment. Raskolnikov is such an interesting character. Very tragic also.
Thank you. Yeah, Crime and Punishment really stuck with me. A great book.

(Based username- you must be one classy mofo)
I do not know, I am not good at lasting happiness. So I give you just this- be patient with normies in your new job- they just humans like you.
Haha I like to think that I am just a miserable mofo. Thanks. I'll get used to the normies.

Try following up the job application with a phone call in about two to three weeks from now, as well, and state your name clearly, ask them how it's going for them in the recruiting process, and that you are still interested in the position. If you are one of the best qualified for the job, this won't be needed, but it doesn't hurt to take one extra step. However, not all recruiters appreciate this kind of extra phone call, so keep that in mind.
I'm really awkward at cold calling so that might not be the best course of action. Maybe it's best to wait it out.

I do believe that having hope usually just leads to more suffering which is why it's perfectly understandable as to why you hate having any hope. If you have high expectations then it's just something to cause disappointment once you are forced to confront the painful reality of this existence. Existence is so cruel because of the unlimited potential for things to go wrong and get worse. Maybe if you are looking for life improvement advice then it's best to post in the recovery section. This section of this forum is about suicide.
Can I move the thread into another sub section or will the mod have to do it?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: rainbowbright, actual_fox, Un- and 1 other person
hungry_ghost

hungry_ghost

جهاد
Feb 21, 2022
Reminds me "law of attraction/assumption".

You feeling hopeful, elated about applying for a job that you know you could get - that's you vibrating on a higher frequency.

The second you shift your thinking and start beating yourself up and thinking the worst, you basically open the door for exactly that thing to occur.

Fuck it - embrace the high.

We all know life is disappointment, that's a given, but millions of people in the world are still making things happen for themselves, despite what we think.

• Love
Reactions: Raskolnikov's Axe and rainbowbright
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
Hope fake

Reactions: Un- and Raskolnikov's Axe