A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
directories overwhelmed me.

I ran into someone but they didn't listen often.
other legal people I knew before considering SSI, weren't seeming familiar with maybe systems in general, or alot of things relating to my life and the mental/physical barriers in it

so I am confused how to connect to someone trustworthy, in a realistic rather than white-knuckle/try-everyone way.
that would be like the advice about therapists,

but then I worry that SSI representatives might all have a money bottom-line, rushedness, excessive triggering, and the idea of a good-enough one being a fantasy? are legal representatives similar?

Reactions: fleetingnight
Placo

Placo

Life and Death
Feb 14, 2024
Excuse my ignorance but what is SSI?

A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
Excuse my ignorance but what is SSI?
the disability income for people who can't make an income and didn't have a work history much or at all, at least officially? I think?

I get pressured alot toward it, so I focused on trying to see if anyone could help my safety questions, because alot of risky and triggering topics come up with ssi at every step, so I wondered if the representative I'd need exists

• Informative
Reactions: Placo
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
You're looking for someone or an organisation that can help with your SSI application, because the questions / process are triggering your trauma - is that what you're asking?

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I know about social security system. What exactly are you trying to find out? Did you apply yet? If not you need to asap cuz the process takes time usually. There are some conditions where you can get a check immediately tho. You can contact me in private conversation if you want. I have advised several people that successfully navigated the system and all of em got checks and credited my advice as at least part of the reason.

Reactions: Tesha