N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I considered to kill myself this morning. Damn I met her this evening. I went to my self-help group. Only one woman came. We had an extremely good and deep conservation. She very strongly signaled me she is interested in me. She approached me last week I thgouht it might be coincidence. She trusted me I noticed that.

I have the feeling she might be the one. It was an amazing conversation. I cannot believe. I cannot fathom this happened to me. I was so fucking heartbroken because the woman I met from a dating app that treated me like fucking dirt.

I cannot belive that. They all were right miracles can happen and the physics professor was right the future is unpredictable.

She is in a relationship though. But it seems to be an unhappy one.

I will elaborate tomorrow in detail. I need sleep this will make me so fucking manic.

It was extremely unlikely that we two are alone. Last time we were 7 people. This was so fucking unlikely. I even was paranoid the others members of the self-help group were involved in this. And did not come to give us this chance. But I think that's paranoia. That's very likely paranoia.

Another issue I think she wants a family...My friends suggest me to calm down.

• Hugs
Reactions: -Link-, Angst Filled Fuck Up and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
I considered to kill myself this morning. Damn I met her this evening. I went to my self-help group. Only one woman came. We had an extremely good and deep conservation. She very strongly signaled me she is interested in me. She approached me last week I thgouht it might be coincidence. She trusted me I noticed that.

I have the feeling she might be the one. It was an amazing conversation. I cannot believe. I cannot fathom this happened to me. I was so fucking heartbroken because the woman I met from a dating app that treated me like fucking dirt.

I cannot belive that. They all were right miracles can happen and the physics professor was right the future is unpredictable.

She is in a relationship though. But it seems to be an unhappy one.

I will elaborate tomorrow in detail. I need sleep this will make me so fucking manic.

It was extremely unlikely that we two are alone. Last time we were 7 people. This was so fucking unlikely. I even was paranoid the others members of the self-help group were involved in this. And did not come to give us this chance. But I think that's paranoia. That's very likely paranoia.

Another issue I think she wants a family...My friends suggest me to calm down.
Well, calming down is usually preferred when making big choices.

I'm glad you had such a good conversation. Take some time to be happy about that. You can make a good connection!

Personally, I don't believe in "the one." To me, it devalues a great relationship by suggesting it will either work or won't based on some unseen value like pokemon IVs. A relationship is building something completely new with someone else who wants to build something with you. Of course, you could argue that it takes some of the magic out of things to think that way, but it also should relieve pressure to know you don't have to make it work with any one specific person.

For now, I hope you have a good night's sleep. Looking forward to the update.

• Love
Reactions: onedayata_time, jar-baby, -Link- and 2 others
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Well, calming down is usually preferred when making big choices.

I'm glad you had such a good conversation. Take some time to be happy about that. You can make a good connection!

Personally, I don't believe in "the one." To me, it devalues a great relationship by suggesting it will either work or won't based on some unseen value like pokemon IVs. A relationship is building something completely new with someone else who wants to build something with you. Of course, you could argue that it takes some of the magic out of things to think that way, but it also should relieve pressure to know you don't have to make it work with any one specific person.

For now, I hope you have a good night's sleep. Looking forward to the update.
Honestly, I also don't believe in "the one" thing. But I was and am a little bit overwhelmed. I will take half a sleeping pill.
I need to relax.

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
As I'm sure you know, it's when it's going extremely well that it's time to be careful and maybe ease off. Having accidentally tested these things over the course of my life, I can honestly say that it doesn't work the way you might expect. As men we often want to build on what feels good, and if all seems right, we want to keep it going and can't imagine why the other person would flake or be different with us the next time around. And yet this kind of thing happens so often that it's best to be prepared. And I wouldn't want you to be upset or super disappointed if things don't blossom.

Of course, I hope it does work out. But definitely do chill and maybe just pre-empt some type of lack of interest by backing off a little. In that context I think it's important to let her come to you to some degree. Good luck man.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, -Link-, noname223 and 1 other person
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
As I'm sure you know, it's when it's going extremely well that it's time to be careful and maybe ease off. Having accidentally tested these things over the course of my life, I can honestly say that it doesn't work the way you might expect. As men we often want to build on what feels good, and if all seems right, we want to keep it going and can't imagine why the other person would flake or be different with us the next time around. And yet this kind of thing happens so often that it's best to be prepared. And I wouldn't want you to be upset or super disappointed if things don't blossom.

Of course, I hope it does work out. But definitely do chill and maybe just pre-empt some type of lack of interest by backing off a little. In that context I think it's important to let her come to you to some degree. Good luck man.
My friend with the most experience with women told me something very similar. I should not be too enthusiastic. But I might delete dating apps though. Real life is so much better. I rather build real life connections it is so much easier and less depressing. (if this fails)

I think the risk for extreme dissapointment is very high. Thank you to remind that I need to be mentally prepared if this happens.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
My friend with the most experience with women told me something very similar. I should not be too enthusiastic. But I might delete dating apps though. Real life is so much better. I rather build real life connections it is so much easier and less depressing. (if this fails)

I think the risk for extreme dissapointment is very high. Thank you to remind that I need to be mentally prepared if this happens.

I agree that real life is always better (and also to delete the dating apps). I find it's in the shortest interactions where the most attraction happens, funny enough. When I was younger and went to bars, it was easy to talk to interested girls and have things develop. It was only when I got lazy and switched to talking to people online that I found making inroads a lot harder.

• Love
Reactions: Child of Thanatos, noname223 and derpyderpins
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
I agree that real life is always better (and also to delete the dating apps). I find it's in the shortest interactions where the most attraction happens, funny enough. When I was younger and went to bars, it was easy to talk to interested girls and have things develop. It was only when I got lazy and switched to talking to people online that I found making inroads a lot harder.
I've said similar. When I was in law school, I was in a long distance relationship and it made me miss so many chances lol. Women would hit on me at bars. Although part of that is probably that I wasn't looking, which makes you seem more confident, etc. I've had coworkers clearly interested in the past few years, too.

But, dating apps were an absolute bust (besides the only one that counts). Didn't matter that I had good pictures, a good profile, etc. They're just mental health cancer.

• Love
Reactions: Child of Thanatos, Angst Filled Fuck Up and noname223
Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

Experienced
May 22, 2019
ngl didn't read, but was she thicc as hell tbh? Gyatttt

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeQuitter
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
Well...she ain't replying since yesterday...that's a very bad sign. I asked her a question when do we meet again? And in her previous reply she told me she would like to me me again. She was online many times today.

I don't know whether I can survive one more time this hell. Bro I gonna commit sepukku and livestream it when this happens. (irony)

You guys warned me. And all my friends with the most experience warned me. I really don't know which impact this will have on my life. I reached the 5000 th post mark by the way. So proud of myself. Let's celebrate it with sepukku like every good death cult.

• Hugs
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
@noname223 I'd recommend doing some reading on the subjects of limerence, infatuation, hyperfixation, and "fantasy vs reality" as they apply to those early stages in dating.

It sounds like you have a pattern of getting hung up on one potential partner at a time and then falling into an obsessiveness with that person, which makes you particularly prone to the kind of hurt you're feeling right now.

Even if you're talking to a particular woman of interest, you also want to keep talking to others. As many as possible, at all possible opportunities. Talk to women. Constantly. Even women you're not romantically interested in (but don't lead anyone on, OK). You don't even have to talk to them with any specific intentions. Talk to them just for the sake of conversation, even.

Resist falling into the trap of obsession -- this is the difference between going "all-in" with one potential partner and going "a little bit in" with many potential partners.

The adage is, "There's somebody out there for everyone." But that's not quite right. In actuality, "There's a lot of somebodies out there for everyone." It's just a matter of finding them and connecting with them when the time is right. Even if you're perfectly matched with somebody, there are still several elements that need to come together to ignite that spark.

Be patient with yourself. Be kind to yourself. Know you're a good person who's loveable. Practice self-care. Be the best version of yourself whenever possible. And keep talking to different women at all opportunities.

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, dune_dweller, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 1 other person
N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I think I struggle with ambiguity intolerance. In my head there are only the two options. She is really really likes me. Or she is not interested at all. I told her about some of my issues which emerge when I meet new people. I am glad I was given that option. I was pretty open about which problems oftern occur. And she seemed to be okay with it. She told for the fact this was my worst week since a long time I am doing it very good. And I think she meant it.

One of my more experienced friend thinks she might want to slow it down a little bit and she might be a little bit overwhelmed. And I give her this time.

I am really manic by the way. I need a sleeping pill again this night.

• Hugs
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up and -Link-
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I think I struggle with ambiguity intolerance. In my head there are only the two options. She is really really likes me. Or she is not interested at all.
This is a solid piece of insight.

When you experience love and romance in all-or-nothing terms, it's easy to project that mindset onto other people and figure them for experiencing it in the same way. Looking at "all-or-nothing," the "all" is an extremely high standard for the other person to meet, so it's almost like a constant need for validation or affirmation of interest. And then their other behaviours (those that don't meet this high standard) are automatically dumped into the "nothing" of "all-or-nothing" -- mistaking less-than actions as negative signs when in fact they're only neutral (at worst) or mildly-to-moderately positive.

Also, this need for validation can come off as clingy to the other person which pushes them further away... which then increases the need for validation... which pushes them even further away... Clearly, a problematic cycle.

As I write this, another thing that comes to mind is Attachment Theory -- in particular, Anxious Attachment Style as a point of interest.

• Informative
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up and noname223
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Personally, I don't believe in "the one." To me, it devalues a great relationship by suggesting it will either work or won't based on some unseen value like pokemon IVs.
Actually ever since Sun and Moon, PokƩmon IVs CAN be changed now thanks to Hyper Training using Bottle Cap items. You can only make them perfect though, so you still have to rely on luck for the niche situations where you want Attack or Speed IVs to be 0.

• Wow
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Actually ever since Sun and Moon, PokƩmon IVs CAN be changed now thanks to Hyper Training using Bottle Cap items. You can only make them perfect though, so you still have to rely on luck for the niche situations where you want Attack or Speed IVs to be 0.
Fine, it's like pokemon IVs back when Pokemon was good lol

dune_dweller

dune_dweller

Puella Aeternus
Sep 6, 2024
The thing with being lonely and isolated for years is it makes you fucking psychotic and then when someone finally comes along and gives you the slightest bit of attention, you read that as love or you start attributing all of your maladaptive fantasy bullshit to a person who more than likely is just being nice.

Step back from the situation and a bit and just like... chill out.

Because then the second this woman doesn't meet your internal expectations, you're going to spiral.

She might be interested, or that might just be something you made up.

Either way, enjoy the conversation and company for the meantime and just don't read into it more than there is, especially if she is in a relationship.

• Love
Reactions: noname223, alienfreak and -Link-
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think I struggle with ambiguity intolerance. In my head there are only the two options. She is really really likes me. Or she is not interested at all. I told her about some of my issues which emerge when I meet new people. I am glad I was given that option. I was pretty open about which problems oftern occur. And she seemed to be okay with it. She told for the fact this was my worst week since a long time I am doing it very good. And I think she meant it.

One of my more experienced friend thinks she might want to slow it down a little bit and she might be a little bit overwhelmed. And I give her this time.

I am really manic by the way. I need a sleeping pill again this night.

Don't beat yourself up. You can have awesome conversations with a woman and it not mean shit to her romantically, whereas I think guys struggle with that (I know I have).

To me, on an instinctual and emotional level, it's like we're vibing and it's all good, so how could things not progress? That's the overt part. And yet there's a whole underlying layer (that you're not privy to) that dictates whether that other person will reciprocate and show up for you romantically. If that bit isn't there for her, you're out of luck.

Sometimes a person does actually like you, despite this stuff happening. In that case it might just need time or space, or she might not want to be pinned down to anything, ie. she has problems with commitment. So either cut your losses or try to work with it, although the latter might be a bit of a rollercoaster. If you do go for it, remember to circle back around to her every so often, rather than trying to force an ongoing/daily interaction.

• Love
Reactions: noname223, -Link- and WhiteRabbit
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Fine, it's like pokemon IVs back when Pokemon was good lol
But then in that case then the only way to achieve it would be through multiple generations of inbreeding. šŸ˜•

But also it's way better to have QoL stuff like that imo I just wish it was even easier.

• Yay!
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
But then in that case then the only way to achieve it would be through multiple generations of inbreeding. šŸ˜•
or, one in a billion luck. Which is what a "soulmate" would be if it exists.

Remind me, is it 6 stats from 0-31, so 32 values?

32^6 = 1,073,741,824

So, yeah, about one in a billion. (Happy coincidence it was so close lol.)

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
or, one in a billion luck. Which is what a "soulmate" would be if it exists.

Remind me, is it 6 stats from 0-31, so 32 values?

32^6 = 1,073,741,824

So, yeah, about one in a billion. (Happy coincidence it was so close lol.)
Yup.

N

noname223

Archangel
Aug 18, 2020
I might have slightly overreacted. She was pretty busy yesterday and could not message to some circumstances. We agreed to meet us either today or tomorrow. And it will be likely today (because due to a ton of sleeping pills I feel a little bit less totally manic and not totally mentally unstable).

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, Forever Sleep and Pluto