• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
Mostly American, as that's what I would know. I lack knowledge on the sci-fi/fantasy stuff, hard rock, and too much current "music" as MTV has changed for the worse. You used to know every song played, and every song was well-crafted. Now most everything on there is filler crap, made-for-money/clicks, or the sound physically hurt me... I'm majorly behind on my genres all-around. Depression kind of kills that. But that used to be someone that could lift one up if only for a few hours. So definitely behind on my "studies."
What do you like?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, cowboypants, thebelljarrr and 3 others
Makoto

Makoto

Look into my eyes and tell me who I really am
Jun 20, 2024
mostly the good old classic hard rock and heavy metal stuff(and some of the rock and blues first decades 1900s). Love Sci-fi Movies and series(mostly the good old classics too).

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and mikgazer6
mikgazer6

mikgazer6

student
Jul 1, 2024
Music nerd here. I'm into exploring all genres and scenes though I've begun to contribute about 2/3rds time to current releases. Still a little new though, not even 1,000 albums yet. Began film this year (basically just feature length movies) and only ~50 watched so far.

My username and profile are a vocaloid shoegaze album and IDM album I like. Favorite movie is probably Manila in the Claws of Light. Tragic and realistic 70s movie of the Philippines

Do you have any theatre/film/music important to you that you want to share? I am interested

• Love
Reactions: psp3000 and DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
Music nerd here. I'm into exploring all genres and scenes though I've begun to contribute about 2/3rds time to current releases. Still a little new though, not even 1,000 albums yet. Began film this year (basically just feature length movies) and only ~50 watched so far.

My username and profile are a vocaloid shoegaze album and IDM album I like. Favorite movie is probably Manila in the Claws of Light. Tragic and realistic 70s movie of the Philippines

Do you have any theatre/film/music important to you that you want to share? I am interested
That's a lot... Wish I still had that kind of love and enthusiasm for the arts. Never heard of that movie. But that doesn't surprise me. My "education" has been rather poor for the last 10yrs; and even before, foreign films for me were a hard sell because it was a risk if I'd like it. Plus movies only became more and more accessible over the years unless you pirated.

I'll definitely come back to this🤗 This requires the kind of thought that I don't have rn lol. Another reason why I laid off this "sport"😔

• Hugs
  • Love
Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
Making music, visual arts and design is my life-support system. I wouldn't even call it a hobby or an interest. It's the only reason I am still breathing air. It also creates a massive wall between me and pretty much all other people. It's a mixed bag I guess. But it's not something I would change if I got to start over.

Also, if anyone is interested and has a big hard drive, this is my current itunes library:

95% of it is highly organized and tagged into genres and subgenres for easy browsing. I have not added as much to it in the past few years but it's been a lifelong labor or love and I have always offered to copy it for anyone who wants to have a universe of music close at hand, no cloud required. 13,000+ full albums and compilations.

A large part of the contents could be described as "music you won't hear or find elsewhere." People I have given to have called it "lifechanging" and "monumental." I really wish more people were interested to be honest. It makes my effort much more worthwhile when it benefits others.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, mikgazer6 and DefinitelyReady
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
Making music, visual arts and design is my life-support system. I wouldn't even call it a hobby or an interest. It's the only reason I am still breathing air. It also creates a massive wall between me and pretty much all other people. It's a mixed bag I guess. But it's not something I would change if I got to start over.

Also, if anyone is interested and has a big hard drive, this is my current itunes library:

View attachment 144711

95% of it is highly organized and tagged into genres and subgenres for easy browsing. I have not added as much to it in the past few years but it's been a lifelong labor or love and I have always offered to copy it for anyone who wants to have a universe of music close at hand, no cloud required. 13,000+ full albums and compilations.

A large part of the contents could be described as "music you won't hear or find elsewhere." People I have given to have called it "lifechanging" and "monumental." I really wish more people were interested to be honest. It makes my effort much more worthwhile when it benefits others.
If you have spotify, or ever get one, you can pm me yours and I'll have a listen. I always wonder how these people find all these "underground" people. I don't have a knack for that. I more so stumble across stuff like that. Do you produce music or play or sing? I "sing." Although not much anymore and never in front of people lol.
You seem old enough: did you have mix cds back when? I still have mine. Still like them. Taste still hasn't changed too much lol. Still eclectic and chaotic.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikgazer6
Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
If you have spotify, of ever get one, you can pm me yours and I'll have a listen. I always wonder how these people find all these "underground" people. I don't have a knack for that. I more so stumble across stuff like that. Do you produce music or play or sing? I "sing." Although not much anymore and never in front of people lol.
You seem old enough: did you have mix cds back when? I still have mine. Still like them. Taste still hasn't changed too much lol. Still eclectic and chaotic.
The latest rabbit hole I've been down has been doing electronic beat-based music with sequencers, samples, loops, etc. all on the computer. My background is from keyboards guitar bass and drums.

I can manage vocals if its my own music; I know how to work with I have and make it sound good. (Trying to sing along with something, is another story.) People have often acted surprised when they heard it, like they has expected it was going to sound much worse. But I wouldn't really consider myself a "singer" like the voice isn't anymore important than any other instruments to me. In fact, I kind of see it as secondary.

I made a conscious choice not to include singing in my current project, for various reasons. When music has lead vocals, people tend not listen to other parts of the song very closely. It's very hierarchical and the vocal dominates and subjugates all the other sounds. And the topics are usually very self-interested, narcissistic even. So I've been using manipulated vocal samples for the texture, but there are no words for the logical part of your brain to grasp onto. It also allows much more freedom for the video contents, not having to be dictated by a particular subject.

It only sounds weird because I suck at describing it. It's meant to be fun, stimulating, novel and surprising , and also turns out be great with LSD. And.. yeah.. I always forget to warn people that asking me anything about this, will result in me, not being able to stop talking for awhile. Too late now but consider yourself warned. haha

I'm 38. I guess my itunes hard drive is sort of like a giant mix cd that I've accumulated over time. There's a bunch of playlists and stuff in it that I've made for when I used to DJ. Everyone streams now so interest in music on a hard drive has dropped to 0. But I still use it because most of stuff I listen to isn't even on Spotify, I've tried to check several times. I get all music from Soulseek.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
Do you stream any of yours anywhere else? Even just youtube?

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I listen to just about everything / I am very open minded musically and I wish that I could stream all my stuff in one place because a lot of the artists I listen to cannot be found on Spotify or not all of their discography is on there

as of recently I have went to noise to industrial to power electronics to drum n bass to jungle to
?retro futuristic?/whatever Stereolab is and then to house music and then back to shoegaze stuff sometimes mostly Cocteau Twins (I am really bad at knowing or labeling genres)

Last edited:
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
I listen to just about everything / I am very open minded musically and I wish that I could stream all my stuff in one place because a lot of the artists I listen to cannot be found on Spotify or not all of their discography is on there

as of recently I have went to noise to industrial to power electronics to drum n bass to jungle to
?retro futuristic?/whatever Stereolab is and then to house music and then back to shoegaze stuff sometimes mostly Cocteau Twins (I am really bad at knowing or labeling genres)
Well I bet people can decipher at least what you're meaning; even if I could, I have no reference of any of those genres lol😭😪 Oh.. Old once again, I might as well go stick a cd in and cry about it...😭

I'm always curious to know what people think of my taste. I better not be called "cookie-cutter" or too "mainstream"😮; or just a child of the 90s😥

• Hugs
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I better not be called "cookie-cutter" or too "mainstream"😮; or just a child of the 90s😥
You are a mainstream cookie-cutter 90s kid. You will always be a mainstream cookie-cutter 90s kid. You are a MCC90sK (a mainstream cookie-cutter 90s kid).

• Yay!
Reactions: cowboypants and mikgazer6
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
You are a mainstream cookie-cutter 90s kid. You will always be a mainstream cookie-cutter 90s kid. You are a MCC90sK (a mainstream cookie-cutter 90s kid).
I mean I know I am, but I thought I was much more than that!....😭😢😓 I feel so cheap...😰 I listen to every genre, from virtually every decade... Probably the least from the 80s though. I'm more than just a 90s kid I tell you!😤
and I HATED the Hanson kids!

Annoying... not musical...

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and EvisceratedJester
mikgazer6

mikgazer6

student
Jul 1, 2024
the voice isn't anymore important than any other instruments to me. In fact, I kind of see it as secondary.

I've been using manipulated vocal samples for the texture, but there are no words for the logical part of your brain to grasp onto. It also allows much more freedom for the video contents, not having to be dictated by a particular subject.
This seems exactly like something I'd enjoy

And 13k albums is insane. I need to see this list

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
@not-2-b-the-answer are you a music nerd? Just curious because you post a lot on the music threads.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
@not-2-b-the-answer are you a music nerd? Just curious because you post a lot on the music threads.
I've posted on a couple, and never got any appreciation for it, so I stopped😤

• Hugs
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Mar 14, 2024
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and EvisceratedJester
cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
Mostly American, as that's what I would know. I lack knowledge on the sci-fi/fantasy stuff, hard rock, and too much current "music" as MTV has changed for the worse. You used to know every song played, and every song was well-crafted. Now most everything on there is filler crap, made-for-money/clicks, or the sound physically hurt me... I'm majorly behind on my genres all-around. Depression kind of kills that. But that used to be someone that could lift one up if only for a few hours. So definitely behind on my "studies."
What do you like?
Idk if I'm a nerd but to pass time as a neet, you gotta watch stuff 🤡

I was a late bloomer I'd say I didn't watch much movies until I was like 18. My parents didn't take us to theatres. I went out with my then friends after 18.

I started watching japanese Korean movies from COVID time ig. Since then I watch any good stuff that has subtitiles. Tv series are much more harder to keep me engaged. I mostly like thriller, horror, sci-fi, western.

Songs are similar I have no language barrier. 🤣

Reactions: DefinitelyReady
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Big Music Nerd !!!! 😉😁👍
I've posted on a couple, and never got any appreciation for it, so I stopped😤
Sorry your posts weren't better received. 🤗
It could be that it wasn't what some of the members are into. I know many of my posts aren't always liked.
I don't take it personally. I also post in many threads. 😉😁 There are so many of them. 😉
Speaking for myself, there is music I'm not into. Also there have been some posts where the link doesn't work or some just post the song title and maybe the artist.
If I don't know it already, then I have to youtube it. If I have time. 🤗
Some of the soundcloud posts I have trouble with.
I also post more than one youtube link, in case some of them don't work. Yes, I post extra. 😉😂
Anyway.... Just my thoughts. 🤗🤗🤗

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and EvisceratedJester
cait_sith

cait_sith

Brain rotted, often missing word
Apr 8, 2024

I actually know the album of your avatar and also know the mikgazer compilation and listened to both a lot, good stuff. I'd say I was a big music nerd, used to be active on last.fm always searching for obscure new stuff and downloading from blogs, bandcamp, private trackers and soulseek. Nowadays not so much anymore, not much drive to find new stuff, I do however feed on my mp3-collection.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: mikgazer6 and not-2-b-the-answer
lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
Definitely a music nerd. I studied audio engineering in college. I love to layer different sounds and make something brand new and the production techniques used today blow my mind. How certain sounds stand out and are a complete surprise. Or the creative use of autotune... or how the production techniques of Quincey Jones still blow my mind even though Michael Jackson was probably a POS even though it wasn't proven in court, the instrumentals are incredible. Or how the Beatles and their producers basically invented panning (or made it mainstream). Or Aphex Twin's brilliance with all the twists and turns in his music. Or Pink Floyd's layered synth pads on Dark Side of the Moon. I could go on and on.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024

View attachment 144711

I've done exactly the same since the first iPod came out. I've got it all on my laptop and synced to my iPhone. I'm sitting at 6451 but it's all organised like you've done: album cover, year, composer, artists, genre, etc.

I saw Avenue Q in New York and it was ok. The Book of Mormon is amazing though. If you like South Park you'll love it.