I

idonntseethepoint

Jun 28, 2021
As the title says - got admitted to an NHS Crisis House (I'm in the UK) because of my suicidal ideation, then yesterday they kicked me out as I was too much for them to handle. Now I've been discharged from all mental health services and am getting more support. If this is the system, how can anyone expect me to carry on living?
Should say no more support*, my bad

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Fish Face, Jbones, TooConscious and 17 others
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Fuck that. I agree, the system is broken and I don't know how we are expected to be helped. I'm sorry you're going through this

Reactions: BlueFox, Huntfish34, Dead Meat and 3 others
Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Dafuq? Isn't that their job to take care of vulnerable individuals like you? What a waste of tax money. They either need to be retrained or be fired.

Reactions: BlueFox, OpheliasFlowers, Huntfish34 and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you have to go through this, the system really has failed so many people. We all deserve to get the support we need.

Reactions: BlueFox, Dead Meat, demuic and 1 other person
imaloserbaby

imaloserbaby

Karolina
Jan 28, 2021
I'm so sorry. This seems so common everywhere, "you're not allowed to take your life but also we won't help you try to get better." So what are we supposed to do?

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Pen>Sword, Huntfish34 and 6 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
They really don't know what to do with mental health, they read a few books, and if you don't fit into what the books say, they seem to be at a loss and just strike you off!
I am sorry you have been *Dumped* by the NHS, bunch of useless *****!!!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Jbones, OpheliasFlowers, Huntfish34 and 6 others
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
As the title says - got admitted to an NHS Crisis House (I'm in the UK) because of my suicidal ideation, then yesterday they kicked me out as I was too much for them to handle. Now I've been discharged from all mental health services and am getting more support. If this is the system, how can anyone expect me to carry on living?
Idonntseethepoint I am so sorry this is what happened to you . Virtual hug my friend.

There many people like you that the system doesn't support and end up falling through the net . Your story is an experience thousands of people across the country will be familiar with and can relate to. I hate how in this country the NHS is revered as this saintly institution that can do wrong. It is disgusting because NHS mental health services are actually appalling especially the people working in the system.

In my own local area people have written bad google reviews about the local mental health facility . People have said the NHS staff working in the facility are not very nice people towards patients and their families. The reviews are shocking.

I hate UK mental health awareness campaigns involving the Royal Family, celebrities and virutal signalling because the reality is the mental health care system is not fit for purpose. We need a serious discussion on reforming the mental health system in his country and tackling mental discrimination. Too many have died because the system failed them.

enough is enough

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: idonntseethepoint, Huntfish34 and Largeletters
Foogs

Foogs

Give me your blood
Jun 22, 2021
What the hell kind of system is that?

Reactions: idonntseethepoint, Pen>Sword, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
They really don't know what to do with mental health, they read a few books, and if you don't fit into what the books say, they seem to be at a loss and just strike you off!
I am sorry you have been *Dumped* by the NHS, bunch of useless *****!!!
Soulless Angel My family believe people shouldn't complain about NHS because they are "lucky " they have free healthcare unlike other countries.

I explained to my mum that NHS services vary across the country some services are better than and there others that are just awful. It all really depends where you live.

Most of the British public have no idea how broken mental health services are in this country if they did they wouldn't be participating in this sham called mental health awareness week where people go on social media and share a #TimetoTalk, #ItsOkNotTobeOK and wear a ridiculous ribbon and do all fundraising for mind. Mind is good charity but charities shouldn't be dealing an issue as big and complex like mental health. We need a fully funded NHS mental care service, a change in culture especially by people working with the vulnerable,
We need a SERIOUS DISCUSSION on mental health reform no more hashtags, no ribbon wearing , no more documentaries, no more promoting yoga and herbal tea as an alternative to curing depression etc

• Hugs
Reactions: idonntseethepoint, Simba and Huntfish34
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
What the hell :(
I'm sorry this is how you are being treated. They wonder why suicidal people aren't honest about it?

Reactions: Jbones, OpheliasFlowers and Huntfish34
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I'm so sorry. This seems so common everywhere, "you're not allowed to take your life but also we won't help you try to get better." So what are we supposed to do?
Imaloserbaby this hypocrisy is so disgusting because the same people who preach mental health take no serious action is fighting for mentally ill people to get access to better treatment and support in the system.

As i grew older I realise now we don't kill ourselves living in this world kills us and in the end we just say no more.

I wanted to do so much with my life however the world made me feel every day I was not strong and good enough to live in it. I am a feminist law graduate

Maybe there are too many people ie too many feminists, law graduates, too law graduates etc. I dont belong here
If things were different ie I managed to fit in with society, with the guy I always wanted, i had a job I wouldn't want to kill myself anymore as I would have a lot of good things actually happening.
Maybe it wasn't meant to be

death is so much better
What the hell :(
I'm sorry this is how you are being treated. They wonder why suicidal people aren't honest about it?
Loopylou society just sees mentally ill people as an annoyance and an inconvenience rather than human beings worthy of dignity and respect.

I used to tell people i was depressed at 21 but nobody took it seriously everyone said I was too young with my whole life ahead of me .
At 24 I plan to kill myself when I hit 30 as I have fucked up my 20s and I am not going through another decade.. none of this would have people in my life just took my concerns seriously.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, loopylou, OpheliasFlowers and 3 others
F

filthyrottendirty

Experienced
Feb 20, 2021
I'm sorry

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
Yes.. and I'm sorry you experienced it...

ExistentialEntropy

ExistentialEntropy

we all go home eventually
Jul 4, 2020
Yeah literally fuck the NHS.

I haven't spoken on here about this before but my Mother ctb two months ago after a prior attempt which she called for help from. They admitted her to a mental health ward and discharged her after three days despite the fact that she was in no better state. A few weeks later she was gone.

System is so broken. Patients are just numbers they need to sign off as quickly as possible. No one gets the proper care.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jbones, demuic, Soulless Angel and 2 others
I

idonntseethepoint

Jun 28, 2021
Just came back to this after a stressful couple of days. Thanks so much everyone for empathising and for the kind words. The system is fucked.
Yeah literally fuck the NHS.

I haven't spoken on here about this before but my Mother ctb two months ago after a prior attempt which she called for help from. They admitted her to a mental health ward and discharged her after three days despite the fact that she was in no better state. A few weeks later she was gone.

System is so broken. Patients are just numbers they need to sign off as quickly as possible. No one gets the proper care.
So so sorry to hear this. Always here if you need to talk.
Idonntseethepoint I am so sorry this is what happened to you . Virtual hug my friend.

There many people like you that the system doesn't support and end up falling through the net . Your story is an experience thousands of people across the country will be familiar with and can relate to. I hate how in this country the NHS is revered as this saintly institution that can do wrong. It is disgusting because NHS mental health services are actually appalling especially the people working in the system.

In my own local area people have written bad google reviews about the local mental health facility . People have said the NHS staff working in the facility are not very nice people towards patients and their families. The reviews are shocking.

I hate UK mental health awareness campaigns involving the Royal Family, celebrities and virutal signalling because the reality is the mental health care system is not fit for purpose. We need a serious discussion on reforming the mental health system in his country and tackling mental discrimination. Too many have died because the system failed them.

enough is enough

Thank you. All of the campaigns and hashtags are just performative, a good way to distract from the fact that MH services are absolutely on their ass, and failing people daily. I honestly feel more traumatised now than I did when I went in - and I've been totally discharged. Sleeping on a sofa with no help and support.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jbones and demuic
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Even the medical establishment don't want to be associated with a suicide incase of blame etc.
If you tell them you are going to kill yourself in the hospital they can't wait to get rid of you, if you don't respond to any of the basic treatments therapies they will do what they can to move you on...
Its all a game to be played and its so wrong.
No room for being genuine in this sick hellhole. But if you like to act suicidal you get your butt hole licked daily.

• Aww..
Reactions: Largeletters
F

Fish Face

Student
Apr 19, 2019
Please go to your MP. Whether the party they should should support you on this. It it up to them to handle. If they cannot it needs investigating. Best wishes.

Reactions: idonntseethepoint