IwishIwasntme383

IwishIwasntme383

Aug 27, 2023
A common argument against CTB is religion and going to church, and how it will "give you purpose"

Please... don't make me laugh.

if you ever had life and childhood so shitty it was basically hell on earth. constantly being abused and neglected then tell me there is a god that "loves me", I don't believe you

what do you guys think

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, floralheaddress, Amelie and 2 others
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
A common argument against CTB is religion and going to church, and how it will "give you purpose"

if you ever had life and childhood so shitty it was basically hell on earth. constantly being abused and neglected then tell me there is a god that "loves me", I don't believe you

what do you guys think
Religions exist only because of economic interests.

Reactions: myusername890, floralheaddress and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Religions are man made and they are indoctrinated beliefs to control the masses by fear.

Reactions: myusername890, conarc and floralheaddress
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023

what do you guys think
Religions are just adult fairytales

Reactions: myusername890, conarc, John Ryder and 1 other person
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
I hate religion and religion-like dogmas.

• Love
Reactions: myusername890, conarc and venin
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
I personally don't but I respect your opinion.

• Hugs
Reactions: conarc and dialogos
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
The bible was invented to spread kindness and love, a lot has either been miss translated or been turned into something for personal gain

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
SpencerSees

SpencerSees

I used to be blind, but now i see
Feb 22, 2023
Religion exists only to control the naive and desperate. And cuz you can make great cash with it...

• Informative
Reactions: conarc, Praestat_Mori and venin
Celica45

Celica45

Pain makes life life, but too much makes it hell
Aug 22, 2023
The main reason I hate religion isn't because of religion itself, but just because humans are total ass holes. I don't need a whole buncha dumbasses trying to restrict my rights, make lgbt stuff 'evil' and trying to seep into politics. Religion doesn't belong in politics, and a majority hate mine and other lgbt peoples existence and they just use religion as an excuse to discriminate and hate.

Reactions: woundfvcker, Praestat_Mori and John Ryder
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
The bible was invented to spread kindness and love, a lot has either been miss translated or been turned into something for personal gain
Love does not exist.

Reactions: tpboy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just believe that anything associated with religion is a fictional concept invented by humans who were unable to accept that existence is just meaningless suffering and senseless cruelty with no deeper purpose behind it. I just see religion as a way to brainwash people.

• Hugs
Reactions: conarc and venin
TheSquiddieSquid8

TheSquiddieSquid8

Is there a wolf at the door?
Apr 20, 2023

what do you guys think
Well, personally as a suicidal catholic I think using religion as an argument against is bullshit.

I personally also hate the influence religion has in politics, economy etc. but I choose to believe, not to profit anyone else or anything like that but because mainly it gives me hope. That may sound stupid, and don't get me wrong I dont wanna live another day.

But as a catholic, I believe that God accepts suicide as he knows that the person is truly suffering and death is the only way out.

venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
Well, personally as a suicidal catholic I think using religion as an argument against is bullshit.

I personally also hate the influence religion has in politics, economy etc. but I choose to believe, not to profit anyone else or anything like that but because mainly it gives me hope. That may sound stupid, and don't get me wrong I dont wanna live another day.

But as a catholic, I believe that God accepts suicide as he knows that the person is truly suffering and death is the only way out.
Why can't you just aks him to help you?
I just believe that anything associated with religion is a fictional concept invented by humans who were unable to accept that existence is just meaningless suffering and senseless cruelty with no deeper purpose behind it. I just see religion as a way to brainwash people.
How right you are, miss!

Reactions: conarc
TheSquiddieSquid8

TheSquiddieSquid8

Is there a wolf at the door?
Apr 20, 2023
Why can't you just ask him to help you?
I believe that the way God will help me is by making my attempt successful

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
The "prophets" wanted to spread kindness and love, that was their idea. The bible itself as we know it in Christianity is a collection of "stories" and a lot of texts and materials weren't included. What is in the bible or not was discussed in the Concil of Nicaea in the 4th century AD afaik.

Yes the "Church" made personal gain out of it.

Reactions: conarc
tpboy

tpboy

No Karma Cafe
Aug 4, 2023
Well if Elon Musk doesn't believe in it, that's good enough for me.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i think religion is for those who can't accept reality for what it is which is a complete and utter failure to make life something worth living

the world would be a million times better without religion

i just can't believe you have grown adults walking around talking about something completely imaginary as if it really existed

i am sure religion and the belief in god is a mental illness

• Love
Reactions: venin and conarc
venin

venin

Text
Jul 28, 2023
i think religion is for those who can't accept reality for what it is which is a complete and utter failure to make life something worth living

the world would be a million times better without religion

i just can't believe you have grown adults walking around talking about something completely imaginary as if it really existed

i am sure religion and the belief in god is a mental illness
Reality would for sure be way better without it because instead of waiting for things to be done by this fucking Peter Pan, people would actually solve society's problems.
Well if Elon Musk doesn't believe in it, that's good enough for me.
He said he had a moment when he thought his plane would crash and he didn't pray even then. He "That's how much of an atheist I am" or something like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkover