lalaloopsy

lalaloopsy

●︿●
Oct 10, 2024
the fact that most people wake up every day, and want to get up, and do things, and look forward to the future? WILD

i hear it in the way my friends talk, and the way they act, and wish wish wish i felt the same. or that i could understand how it feels at least. its like fundamentally something is missing in my brain, they have something that i dont, and i dont think ill ever have

and i cant explain that to them, because how could they understand it? its a basic disconnect in how we function.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: CogitoMori, betternever2havbeen, wren-briar and 6 others
supremelimbo

supremelimbo

Sep 29, 2024
same! i also struggled for a long time to understand why people were afraid of dying

• Love
Reactions: CogitoMori, wren-briar, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2024
Our brains are just wired differently. Most people want to live no matter how shitty their circumstances are. I think the reward/pleasure centers are broken in my brain

• Love
Reactions: newave3, betternever2havbeen, wren-briar and 2 others
Demi-Fiend

Demi-Fiend

Places We Never Went Together
Aug 12, 2024
A lot of people go through mutual suffering, some can accept the means of life, and have a great deal of self-perseverance, which helps deal with the pressures of everyday matters. But others can be dealt with a crappier set of cards from lady Fate.

I'm not myself an optimistic person, due to how crushing some of my circumstances have been and there's been plenty of times where l thought life sucks. To an extent, depression is natural, unavoidable, and the price of being a human. Suffering is the greatest teacher of time and everyone will sooner or later, suffer tremendously, just in different circumstances.

But as it was quoted from Princess Mononoke, "Life is suffering. It is hard. The world is cursed, but still, you can find reasons to keep on living."

Reactions: wren-briar and divinemistress36
lalaloopsy

lalaloopsy

●︿●
Oct 10, 2024
even though i wish no one felt the same, i find it comforting to know that it's not just me. we might be a lil fucked, but at least we're not alone here 🙃

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen and divinemistress36
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
If you're alluding to depression (or any similar issue that creates a state of persistent stress), this drains an incredible amount of mental and physical energy.

Having to fight so hard just to stay alive will usually come at the expense of other aspects of living, such as the desire to do things, see people, pursue goals, etc.

People in this situation only have a limited pool of energy available compared to the average person, and after they've spent this limited energy on the everyday self-care required to keep living, they don't have much (if any) leftover energy to pursue the extracurricular things that neurotypical people look forward to in their day-to-day lives.

It's not that something's missing in their brain. It's more like they've got an added weight in their brain that uses up their mental and physical energy reserves faster than if they were feeling mentally well.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Demi-Fiend
sevennn

sevennn

Arcanist
Sep 11, 2024
i hate everyone who enjoys life. it's not fair. i also wanted to be happy and i wish the same suffering on them that i go through. all of them. i'm tired of seeing happy faces. but i guess it'll be no more since i'm dying soon

Reactions: Ligottian and divinemistress36
lalaloopsy

lalaloopsy

●︿●
Oct 10, 2024
If you're alluding to depression (or any similar issue that creates a state of persistent stress), this drains an incredible amount of mental and physical energy.

Having to fight so hard just to stay alive will usually come at the expense of other aspects of living, such as the desire to do things, see people, pursue goals, etc.

People in this situation only have a limited pool of energy available compared to the average person, and after they've spent this limited energy on the everyday self-care required to keep living, they don't have much (if any) leftover energy to pursue the extracurricular things that neurotypical people look forward to in their day-to-day lives.

It's not that something's missing in their brain. It's more like they've got an added weight in their brain that uses up their mental and physical energy reserves faster than if they were feeling mentally well.
that does make sense. ig i just feel defeated by it, and jealous of the majority of people who don't feel the same. i've been on different anti depressants, and done therapies, and it hasn't changed, so it feels like something's missing yk?

it just sucks to have to try so hard, when it comes so easy to others

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and -Link-
Demi-Fiend

Demi-Fiend

Places We Never Went Together
Aug 12, 2024

I agree, too much of rumination can harm someone and sabotage any unforeseen means of trying to overcome it. As much as life circumstances can drag me down, I hope to strive to be a better person than yesterday. The only means of control I can have is some sense of inner-peace and rolling with the punches.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and -Link-