BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
People have described me as rather melancholic. I feel like, on the inside at least, I'm basically Eeyore. I'm not sure if I present myself that way anymore or not, but I sure feel like I do. Thinking a bit more, in the past few years I've been caught off guard by being described as funny, gentle, and calming. So maybe I've gotten better at hiding it?

How do you guys feel you look to the average person? What kind of impression do you give off?

• Hugs
Reactions: Despondent, FusRohDracarys, Brink and 3 others
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
I give off a defensive, moody vibe. I have BPD and probably, maybe a separate mood disorder. I'm defensive because I have to be. It's probably not the right way to go about things, but it's one way I cope with the outside world. I want to try and be more assertive without the moody ness. It's something I'm going to have to work on. If I want to live and survive.
It's not the real me. It's something I've become.
I wish to be better.

• Hugs
Reactions: 710, mediocre and Brink
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I try to hide my anxiety by joking frequently. Others can probably see through it. I think Eeyore is a good description for my inner self as well.

F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
Most people would say I'm mysterious and/or withdrawn. Others might say I seem very extroverted and friendly (work settings, usually). Depends on what I'm trying to put out there, I guess. I guess to the "average" person I'm probably just withdrawn and unremarkable. Maybe even standoffish.

Everyone who knows me better might use any of these descriptors: skeptic, moody, feisty, pessimist, anxious, goofy
Idk I present in many different ways depending on my audience but those are probably most "core" to how I'm perceived.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlackPoppet
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I think people think im on drugs 24/7. Im very outgoing, talk before i think. But actually I'm just scared and insecure. And the times i do really open up hurt. So i move back under my fort of blankets.

• Hugs
Reactions: Epsilon0, BitterlyAlive, BlackPoppet and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I think people think im on drugs 24/7. Im very outgoing, talk before i think. But actually I'm just scared and insecure. And the times i do really open up hurt. So i move back under my fort of blankets.
Me too. I had to go home early from work today because my depression was just overwhelming and intense, I almost got sick because it was hitting so hard. But my coworkers wouldn't have known, because I'm very outgoing too.

Blankets are so soothing, aren't they? I'm cocooning underneath a few right now...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BlackPoppet and Myforevercharlie
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm basically Eeyore
Oh dear, sorry that made me chuckle, no offence. :smiling:
Deep down, I'm Eeyore too. For my own strange reasons. But I spent my life trying to hide it, like an actor in a play. I even fooled a few people, but most can see through it at some level. Such a hard act to keep up, but if you present as miserable all the time, people do tire of it, it's inevitable.
Sometimes even I got tired of my own attitude.
You can only be who you are. It is possible to change to a certain extent, but it takes time and perspective and experience. Many can't make that change because it is too demanding.

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
To others I probably come off as weak and dumb haha

I hide my emotions because I've come to terms that nobody will care. I give people so many chances and they just take advantage of it. For some reason, no matter how nice I am, I'm always the one that's "picked'' on, etc. These bitches really think that I don't see what's actually going on lmao I just don't say anything since I hate confrontation. I hate these kinds of people and I wish that I could destroy them :)

Mind you, I can get to these uncontrollable points where I'm so agitated and impulsive that I would let myself go on them. It just take a lot not to when I reach that point.

P.s. sorry for the small "rant" :pfff: I was starting to get a little angry as I was typing

Reactions: Epsilon0 and BlackPoppet